Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Entire town in lockdown? Clarification, please

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Or will you have to call the supervisor and ask his consent to go shopping.
    maybe everyone should start doing just that. flood their phone system
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    I hear ya Grump, but I am highly suspicious of what is becoming the drum-beat mantra of the media and those kindred to Cuomo: "Things are never going to be the same" after the Covid-19 crisis.

That comment is not submitted in support of fear-mongering; it is my reaction to an ongoing comment in need of expeditious and complete clarification.

That mantra could be a reference to the our economy; it could be a reference to our longstanding social interactions; or, it could be a reference to a restructure of our entire Constitutional system.

Permanent rule by decree to control our industries, the growth of an American Stasi, and the term "Power Comes From The Barrel of A Gun" were always distant thoughts to me. The operative verb in my comment is "were."

Will our Constitutional system, sans emergency declarations, fully reemerge so that people will actually be empowered to execute that push back, or have we turned a corner into a permanent dark alley?
    I keep hearing "the new normal" both in ads and I think I've heard politicians say it too
    that phase is scary has hell in regards to current events. I think we're going to end up losing a lot of liberty when this is all said and done.
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Ruffino shared his concerns about public transportation still running. He said he understands essential workers need to get to work, but they should find a way to only let essential workers use public transportation. He said he expressed his concerns to the state and county officials.
    I share Ruffino's concerns about the mass transit issues, but why does it appear that he is such a high-profile advocate for public transportation restrictions, and in that regard, are not our county and state officials armed with adequate insights and skills to confront and resolve any such broad intra-state and inter-county problems?

I am old enough to remember a time when buses ran on, at the very least, an hourly schedule from Lancaster into the city, and vice versa. However, as the years passed, that schedule has been reduced to the point where bus transport to and from Lancaster into and out of Buffalo, is almost non-existent.

Ergo, it seems to me that the general topic mass transit restrictions may be of limited impact to Lancaster residents.

IMHO, Ruffino should remember that he is Supervisor of Lancaster, not the County Executive or the Governor.

In that connection, I would ask that he focus on his own urgent responsibilities as Lancaster Supervisor, and on ways to get what he termed in a paraphrase, "non-essential" food to those residents who simply will not permit their children and elderly go hungry.

I believe that rather than a focus on what to Lancaster residents most probably will be the less-urgent issue of mass transit restrictions, Supervisor Ruffino would better serve his constituents if he asked the Governor...

Are the police or National Guard going to provide MREs?
    Also, would it not be more meaningful to Lancaster if Mr. Ruffino would fully mobilize his efforts to more completely apply his efforts toward protecting the interests of Lancaster's indigenous small businesses, and to more comprehensively engage the good offices of LIDA in such a process?

Ron Ruffino during his previous campaign said that he was "for the people."

I assume he meant for the people of Lancaster, eh?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 9th, 2020 at 12:31 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Actually Grump, you are not exaggerating this point at all.

I got a call last night from a friend of 60 years who now lives in Cleveland, right after The Bee electronic editions were sent.

His 95-year-old father needs a monthly medical procedure done today, and his Lancaster resident sister read the article and freaked. She does not know if the crucial procedure is to be considered by Ruffino as "elective" or not, and is going to call the police department to ask if she can do it.

As I wrote in my initial post early last evening on the "State , Country and most Towns have disaster coordinators and County support"

Words are important Grump, especially at a time such as this.
    Aren't you being a bit ridiculous in your query regarding whether a crucial procedure would be deemed elective and warrant police involvement? You're really teaching aith that one Mark

Georgia L Schlager

You are exactly right. He has a taste of totalitarian government and he loves it. It’s going to take extended court action, probably in the US Supreme Court, to return freedom to this state. Keep in mind, totalitarian government has been the goal of the Democratic Totalitarian party going back to the end of the Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Aren't you being a bit ridiculous in your query regarding whether a crucial procedure would be deemed elective and warrant police involvement? You're really teaching aith that one Mark
    Seriously Gorja?

I know of a rather young individual who was scheduled for prostrate cancer surgery, which has been since deemed "elective." I have always understood that if prostrate cancer is resident in one in his 40s or 50s, the cancer is far more aggressive than if an old codger like me gets it.

Ergo, since elective" suggests a choice between two options, in the instant case, "elective" is perhaps a choice between life and premature death.

Regarding the Cleveland call, try to understand that I am writing, TRUTHFULLY, the concerns of these Lancaster residents as expressed to me.

If you wish Gorja, I can provide you privately, the name and telephone numbers of all concerned. You may wish to call them directly to determine their concerns---good luck with the response that one of them will give you.

That is why absolute clarity in our leaders' messages are important.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 9th, 2020 at 01:27 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I keep hearing "the new normal" both in ads and I think I've heard politicians say it too
    that phase is scary has hell in regards to current events. I think we're going to end up losing a lot of liberty when this is all said and done.
    That is my concern as well Sharky.

It doesn’t matter whether it’s crucial or elective. It’s a medical procedure for Christ’s sake!! It should be between the doctor and the patient, not up to some elected official who has absolutely no knowledge of the patient, his or her condition or ANYTHING about it. Oh hell, let’s just bring on the Obamacare death teams. Anybody who thinks a town supervisor should have the power to make such a determination is a fool, pure and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    It doesn’t matter whether it’s crucial or elective. It’s a medical procedure for Christ’s sake!! It should be between the doctor and the patient, not up to some elected official who has absolutely no knowledge of the patient, his or her condition or ANYTHING about it. Oh hell, let’s just bring on the Obamacare death teams. Anybody who thinks a town supervisor should have the power to make such a determination is a fool, pure and simple.

It's ridiculous that mark would feel a town supervisor would have any say about the procedure elective or crucial to begin with. That was Mark
    that made the assumption that the town official would have any say to that.

Georgia L Schlager

Gorja, he was simply relying on the statements of the supervisor. If the supervisor has already determined that shopping for groceries isn’t important and should be governed by his edict there’s no telling how far he intends to bully citizens. Please don’t kid yourself; the ability to wield power is intoxicating and that power is not readily relinquished. It’s already becoming clear that Il Douche will not easily give up the authority to direct the military to seize property at his whim and other powers he’s claimed in this crisis. Perhaps had he been successful in his efforts one could understand it but NYS is the world-wide poster child for Coronavirus disaster under his failed management.

It's ridiculous that mark would feel a town supervisor would have any say about the procedure elective or crucial to begin with. That was Mark
    Gorja, please stop pursuing your deflecting claptrap.

I never wrote that the Supervisor should have the power to make medical decisions, and, absent an all-encompassing remedy to shopping for food, I certainly do not think that the supervisor should have the power to determine the "necessity" to buy one's groceries.

With your disgusting deflective observation disposed of, I ask why did Ron Ruffino, THE SUPERVISOR of Lancaster, say that grocery shopping, even for a loaf of bread, was not an essential activity?

Again, does the dancing clown have a satisfactory remedy for the resultant hunger?

If he does, he should proclaim that remedy.

By the way, it is not a question of what "Mark" feels, it is a question of what the reckless Ruffino publicly and authoritatively said...

“Going to get a loaf of bread at the grocery store to me is no longer essential,”
    ...which attended these comments in The Bee...

Supervisor Ronald Ruffino said at Monday’s town board meeting that Lancaster is onboard with the PAUSE order, and the Lancaster Police will issue tickets and fines to those who do not comply.

The PAUSE order includes social distancing, closure of non-essential businesses, ban on non-essential public gatherings, limiting outdoor activities to non-contact activities, and limiting the use of public transportation to essential travel.
    ...which have left many Lancaster residents confused and speechless.

Bear in mind Gorja, Mark is not the Supervisor;

Mark did not declare the State of Emergency in the Town of Lancaster;

Mark did not give the interview to The Bee;

Mark did not say that grocery shopping is not "essential;"

Mark did not say that the "Pause" policy and sanctions would be vigorously enforced in Lancaster.

Ron Ruffino did.

Mark, as those to whom he has spoken with privately, as well as other posters on this medium, is only asking for clarification for an obvious reckless statement from the Supervisor.

Would you not agree that if food, a stipulated essential to the preservation of life, has been deemed non-essential, that it is entirely reasonable that many will further probe the status of other activities, formerly or normally considered essential?

Should the Lancaster citizen take for granted the supremacy of their own interpretation, or make pre-activity query to the governing authorities?

Personally, I am of the opinion that the the Supervisor needs to simply clarify his comments, what the Hell is wrong with that?

Lastly, I did not make any assumption, and kindly do not presume that Mark "feels" any specific way.

My truthful anecdotal comments memorialize the concerns of others, and do not necessarily represent my view point, although I fully understand and appreciate their concerns.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 9th, 2020 at 05:57 PM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    With your disgusting deflective observation disposed of, I ask why did Ron Ruffino, THE SUPERVISOR of Lancaster, say that grocery shopping, even for a loaf of bread, was not an essential activity?
    Wasn't it you making up the stupid Ruffino meme's?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Wasn't it you making up the stupid Ruffino meme's?
    Gee, I wonder who will weigh in next, as if I don't know.

I don't know what your comment has to do with the topic of this thread, which seemingly was started to seek for clarification for a comment made by a Lancaster government leader. That comment remains of prominent concern to the people of Lancaster; a town in which, BTW, you do not reside.

Further, how do you know that I made "the stupid Ruffino memes," that is a plural, not a possessive (meme's), by the way. More assumptions, eh?

With that said, yours is an interesting comment coming from one who seemingly bans people from this medium, like a little tyrant, when they are perceived to be critical of Speak Up. The purported meme, and the resultant exchange to which you apparently refer, appeared on my personal page, so kindly apply to my page the same courtesy that you demand.

But to answer your in-congruent question directly, no, you said that such a meme, which I held to be in the tradition of the political cartoon, was "stupid." You are familiar with the saying about "opinions," are you not?"

I try to permit free expression on my page, what say you?

Capeesh?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 9th, 2020 at 07:12 PM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Sorry... I thought you created this comment "With your disgusting deflective observation disposed of, I ask why did Ron Ruffino, THE SUPERVISOR of Lancaster, say that grocery shopping, even for a loaf of bread, was not an essential activity?"

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Sorry... I thought you created this comment "With your disgusting deflective observation disposed of, I ask why did Ron Ruffino, THE SUPERVISOR of Lancaster, say that grocery shopping, even for a loaf of bread, was not an essential activity?"

I am troubled as to why a poster would seemingly try to re-write, color, or otherwise slant my comments in such a way as to to ascribed to me comments which I never made, along and with an attached presumption of "feelings" that I never held...

I merely related the concerns of others, and requested that Supervisor Ruffino clarify his comments, is that okay with you counsel?...
    Actually Grump, you are not exaggerating this point at all.

I got a call last night from a friend of 60 years who now lives in Cleveland, right after The Bee electronic editions were sent.

His 95-year-old father needs a monthly medical procedure done today, and his Lancaster resident sister read the article and freaked. She does not know if the crucial procedure is to be considered by Ruffino as "elective" or not, and is going to call the police department to ask if she can do it.

As I wrote in my initial post early last evening on the "State , Country and most Towns have disaster coordinators and County support"
    ...along with a previous quote...

This crisis is no time for a communications black-out; the public needs clear, concise, and unambiguous guidance.

ANSWERS ARE NEED FOR ALL OF US TO KEEP OUR FAMILY, OUR NEIGHBORS, AND OURSELEVES SAFE AND HEALTHY WHILE COMPLYING WITH THE LAW!
    ...and in a further response wrote...

Seriously Gorja?

I know of a rather young individual who was scheduled for prostrate cancer surgery, which has been since deemed "elective." I have always understood that if prostrate cancer is resident in one in his 40s or 50s, the cancer is far more aggressive than if an old codger like me gets it.

Ergo, since elective" suggests a choice between two options, in the instant case, "elective" is perhaps a choice between life and premature death.

Regarding the Cleveland call, try to understand that I am writing, TRUTHFULLY, the concerns of these Lancaster residents as expressed to me.

If you wish Gorja, I can provide you privately, the name and telephone numbers of all concerned. You may wish to call them directly to determine their concerns---good luck with the response that one of them will give you.

That is why absolute clarity in our leaders' messages are important.
    Where for Heaven's sake, do I state that I feel or assume that the Supervisor, or any town official, should or have any say about the necessity of, or otherwise determine the essential need of medical procedures?

I related the concerns of others, as related to me, and on their behalf, asked for clarification.

Ergo, absent the presence such comments described above, I suggest that the comments posted in regards to me, reflect in my opinion, deflection.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 9th, 2020 at 09:21 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information