Thread: I had a new client last week. He was recommended by Fred the Frog

Tony Fracasso - Admin

I had a new client last week. He was recommended by Fred the Frog

Who remembers from 2009 when Fred the frog had a run in with a dog?

Freddy the Frog

After a successful surgery he was almost good as new

Freddy the Frog

Seems Elmo was referred to me because he lost his voice and just wasn't moving the way he used to.

Tickle me Elmo repair

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I decided to get to his vocal cords from the back.

Tickle me Elmo repair

He didn't need to be cut open because they used velcro to keep him closed.

Tickle me Elmo repair

Right off the bat we had an idea what going on. Corrosion. It's like cancer to little toys.

Tickle me Elmo repair

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Brave little guy. No pain killer and wanted to watch..

Tickle me Elmo repair

When taking anything apart I find it wise to take photos to know where everything was attached.

Tickle me Elmo repair

Once his voice unit was opened it was easy to see how the corrosion spread.

Tickle me Elmo repair

The the lower battery connection was so bad the as I turned it over the yellow wire came right off.

Tickle me Elmo repair

It was weird but the motor wasn't working but spun freely. I confirmed the motor was fine by using a battery and directly energizing the motor. Corrosion even got under the silicon in the picture. I re-soldered the terminals after cleaning them up.

Tickle me Elmo repair

Before putting it back together I tested to make sure it worked. Including testing with the shaker weights to make sure the solder joints held together.

I wonder who's voice was used.

After Elmo gave approval we put it back into his body

Elmo is on his way to RI for my other 1/2's niece. Well, after being sanitized after sitting in her VW bug for years. Elmo got repaired and the VW beetle gets picked up Saturday. Had the engine rebuilt and some odds and ends done.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    In the past someone asked me why do I do this type of stuff.

It generates traffic and I do affiliate programs on the side.

That google adsense stuff made me about $36,000 but then I got bored with it.

Now I'm going to experiment with Amazon. They owe me about $900 bucks. I set a goal of $1000 before I give them them my bank information for deposits.

I'll show everyone how to do what I do.

This is as simple as it gets.

Check this video out and look at the description. You'll see a link that goes back to Amazon for "Ticket me Elmo" product.

https://youtu.be/IrzmSrLI610

There are people out there who are interested in Tickle me Elmo merchandise. They find the video I posted and maybe will click on the amazon link because they want an Original Tickle Me Elmo. They buy one for $188.99 and I get an advertiser fee that ranges from 4% to 10% depending on the category of the item. Toys are about 3%. 3% X $189 = $5.67 on each sale not counting anything else they might by within a 24 hour window.

If this kid can earn $26 Million for 2019 I can to

Ryan's World.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChG...OOHvBB0Y4DOO_w

Yesterday was good day for my Amazon. Don't sound like much but I did $27.59. Adds up over time.

I've been following this dude for years...I'm always optimistic to the point that my other 1/2 thinks it's too much.

Simon Sinek

https://www.youtube.com/user/SimonSinek

This was posted up a few days ago

Most of the time if I hear the phone ringing I'll say "Pick it up, it's an opportunity calling"

Opportunity called 10 minutes ago.

We are horribly slow because of the shut down but my business is considered essential in NYS.

A guy that called is looking for upwards of 600 5 foot X 10 foot decals for shipping containers full of covid-19 products. 600 large decals over 10 to 12 weeks. 50 to 60 a week once the project begins. It's not in either party's best interest to take a job you can't do. We can do 60 a week. Worse case it would not be an issue to put more equipment online if the project is over a 10 to 12 week time frame. Good thing I was here to pick up the phone.

Thread Information