Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ventilators Taken From Upstate To Be Given To New York City

Does Congressman Higgins think that this thread, alerting the nation to the needs of WNY and Erie County, was starting panic?

Reference: https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/he...1-6e34b8fdc320

To throw out this BS at a time like this is disgusting:

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Just another delusional thread by the deluded.

Captain Deluded, sponsor of this truly bitter thread, just adds to a sorry record of divisiveness and deceit for him.

Trying to spread panic in a panicky time is pretty close to yelling fire in a movie theater.

But Captain Deluded just does not care.

Are you suggesting that Cuomo in no way signed such an Executive Order?

Reference: https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/he...d5IfEuCqL5UBZA

Am I deluded and spreading panic with these comments?...

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    I have no significant problem with Cuomo's handling of the crisis; I believe he is doing a solid job. My problem resides with his finger-pointing at the Trump administration to divert attention from his own deficiencies in the world of disaster preparation.
    Lee,

The recent visuals of Trump and Cuomo working together in the best American tradition, were indeed inspiring.
    Leaders some time overreact, and perhaps if he could, the Governor would take those words back. Until there is an actual confiscation, I am willing to give Cuomo the benefit of the doubt.
    [/B]
    ...and this comment?

As is the case with Todaro and the Minority Caucus, so too is it the case with County Executive Poloncarz's rather artful "It is my understanding, based on those conversations, that all of our ventilators are being used right now in the hospitals...There is not a single person who is going to have ventilator taken away in Erie County to send down state."

Although lacking is clarion defiance to Cuomo, Poloncarz, as I understand his words, basically said "You can't have them, we are using them."

I believe those words of our collective county leadership served to defuse a situation which had the potential of quick and ugly escalation, and afforded time for cooler heads to prevail.

Kudos to those leaders.
    Apparently you are still the sick, myopic partisan hack you always have been, and continue, even during a crisis, to twist comments to demean and malign those not fully agreeing with you, seemingly to create false narratives and create wishful soundbites.

Just slither back under the rock from which have infrequently emerged from since December, 2019.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 7th, 2020 at 02:32 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Does Congressman Higgins think that this thread, alerting the nation to the needs of WNY and Erie County, was starting panic?

Reference: https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/he...1-6e34b8fdc320

To throw out this BS at a time like this is disgusting:

Are you suggesting that Cuomo in no way signed such an Executive Order?

Reference: https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/he...d5IfEuCqL5UBZA

Am I deluded and spreading panic with these comments?...

...and this comment?

Apparently you are still the sick, myopic partisan hack you always have been, and continue, even during a crisis, to twist comments to demean and malign those not fully agreeing with you, seemingly to create false narratives and create wishful soundbites.

Just slither back under the rock from which have infrequently emerged from since December, 2019.
    Spot on!

Stop it, Mark! Facts, logic and truth have no place in Breezy’s intellect. Partisan politics, slander and divisiveness take their place.

You have been much kinder in your support for the Governor’s handling the Covid-19 New York response than I have. You are not deserving of such asinine affront.

Also keep in mind that when responding to an idiot, an observer has difficulty in determining who the real idiot is. Here, there is a clear cut distinction. Nice job!

Poor simple Breezy. Actually Il Douche should be blamed for trying...blamed for trying to pawn off low income NYC residents on upstate hospitals, hundreds of miles from their families, to make room for his millionaire friends from Westchester, Manhattan, and Nassau...blamed for then trying to seize the very equipment that would be required to care for those people...blamed for apparently lying about the desperate need to transfer the sick to upstate given the fact that hundreds of beds were sitting idle in Syracuse. Under his grotesque mismanagement of this situation New York State has over 30 times, that’s right, 30 times the number of deaths incurred in Texas, a state with 9 million more people than New York.
    Last edited by grump; April 8th, 2020 at 03:47 PM.

Poor simple Breezy. Remember a couple of weeks ago Il Douche announced that it was Elon Musk to the rescue as he was going to begin manufacturing ventilators “ as soon as possible.” Just for the hell of it I drove by the a Tesla plant a couple of times over the last 2 weeks. As has always been the case there was almost no one in the parking lot. Then, on Sunday, when he thought no one might be looking, Il Douche announced that Musk wouldn’t be making any ventilators in time to help after all. I have to say that it amusing to watch Musk treat our governor like a tool.

Another week has passed and the Syracuse newspaper is reporting that over 300 beds still sit empty and that Syracuse area hospitals are facing a financial disaster. Barred from performing elective surgery so that they have beds to treat overflow patients from NYC and with none of them to treat the hospitals are issuing mass layoff notices. This situation is being completely bungled. As I pointed out on another thread yesterday NYS had more deaths in one day than the State of Texas has had in total since the crisis began. And not just more deaths but three times the number in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Another week has passed and the Syracuse newspaper is reporting that over 300 beds still sit empty and that Syracuse area hospitals are facing a financial disaster. Barred from performing elective surgery so that they have beds to treat overflow patients from NYC and with none of them to treat the hospitals are issuing mass layoff notices. This situation is being completely bungled. As I pointed out on another thread yesterday NYS had more deaths in one day than the State of Texas has had in total since the crisis began.
    Without comment, for your information...

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...5iX3ITMudQEzcY
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Mark, that’s the best thing I’ve read on this topic. Turns out the disaster isn’t in the disease...it’s in the mishandling of it by our governor.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Mark, that’s the best thing I’ve read on this topic. Turns out the disaster isn’t in the disease...it’s in the mishandling of it by our governor.
    Grump, I just listened to an interview with Secretary Bennett.

He's going to get blow-back, but he may have well served the overall national psyche and the public interest when he said in a paraphrase:

"We destroyed the economy, scared the Hell out of our children, ruined families, and may have killed many people by deferring surgeries and medical procedures otherwise considered important, for something, if the current model is correct, that strongly resembles the mortality rate of the flu."

Mark, this whole thing now is being driven by the failure of New York’s response. NYS has more cases of corona virus than the next 12 states combined, including California which, by itself, has twice our population. As I’ve said, the response in this state has been one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, public health disasters in US history.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    NY didn't fail under the awesome leadership by Andrew Cuomo. If Cuomo didn't do what he did we could have had millions of people die in NYS. Millions!!

Never mind that the democratic were constantly distracting President Trump literally for over 3 years with impeachment BS plus the NYC health commissioner telling people to go out.. enjoy etc...

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    NY didn't fail under the awesome leadership by Andrew Cuomo. If Cuomo didn't do what he did we could have had millions of people die in NYS. Millions!!

Never mind that the democratic were constantly distracting President Trump literally for over 3 years with impeachment BS plus the NYC health commissioner telling people to go out.. enjoy etc...
    Millions, seriously?

Did you not read Mark’s link in post #36: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...5iX3ITMudQEzcY

As someone of age who likes to read / listen to both sides of an opinion / analysis, I found Mr. Bennet’s report interesting and credible – as I am sure many others who now are beginning to question whether the cure was worse than the problem.

According to Bennet:

Our officials and media have warned us of 2 million deaths in the United States. Then 200,000 deaths. Then 100,000 to 240,000. This needs to stop. There has been a total of 68,000 coronavirus deaths worldwide. And we are told we will see, just in America, three to four times that number. Does that even pass the plausibility test?

Meanwhile, we know a few things about the causes and effects of the shutdowns—and they will exacerbate all kinds of other deaths mentioned above. As the Wall Street Journal recently put it, “The economic and social-science literature is replete with studies that document the harm to people from recessions and economic hardship—including higher rates of suicide, opioid abuse, alcoholism and domestic violence.” As for drug and alcohol relapses, the director of a major addiction institute recently put it thusly: “I’m hard-pressed to think of a bigger relapse trigger than what we’re going through now as a country.” Are we now done with diseases of despair and social destruction or, more likely, are we now creating a whole new contagion of those?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    [B]Millions, seriously?
    I was being sarcastic....

Wait till you see the next campaign mailers.....

I was being sarcastic....

Wait till you see the next campaign mailers.....
    Sorry that I missed the sarcasm.

I find Cuomo to be equally arrogant and narcistic to Trump, a whiner and a typical self-serving politician who gets away with BS because of a biased mainstream media.

Whose campaign mailers?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Sorry that I missed the sarcasm.

I find Cuomo to be equally arrogant and narcistic to Trump, a whiner and a typical self-serving politician who gets away with BS because of a biased mainstream media.

Whose campaign mailers?

Cuomo if he runs again.

Cuomo if he runs again.
    As in the past, I would consider Cuomo's campaign mailers analogous to used toilet paper content!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information