Thread: April 6th Town Board meeting

April 6th Town Board meeting

The April 6, 2020 Town Board meeting will go forward without public hearings or public attendance.
    The Town Board meeting will be conducted via teleconference which will allow for public participation.
    The teleconference bridge will be through the Town's Office of Emergency Management.
    The call number is 716-800-4267 with the access PIN 1232.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    The April 6, 2020 Town Board meeting will go forward without public hearings or public attendance.
    The Town Board meeting will be conducted via teleconference which will allow for public participation.
    The teleconference bridge will be through the Town's Office of Emergency Management.
    The call number is 716-800-4267 with the access PIN 1232.
    Hey Gorga:

Perhaps you can answer the following:

At the March 16th town board meeting, a resolution was approved to: Set Public Hearing Re: Proposed Local Law 2020 Chapter 50 Zoning Revision.

Legal Notice published

LEGAL NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that the Town Board of the Town of Lancaster will hold a Public Hearing on the 13th day of April, 2020 at 6:00 P.M., at the Town Hall, 21 Central Avenue, Lancaster, New York, for the purposes of considering and possibly revising or adopting a Local Law to amend the Town of Lancaster Code, Chapter 50. Zoning, Articles I through IX, including updating the zoning map. Copies of the revised Local Law can be reviewed at Lancaster Town Hall, 21 Central Avenue, during normal business hours and on the Town of Lancaster’s website, http://www.lancasterny.gov. All interested members of the public shall be heard.

Considering the Covid-19 shelter restriction has been extended for the entire month of April, it seems likely that the scheduled April 13th Public Hearing will also be cancelled.

Considering that all buildings town public buildings will remain closed and the Legal Notice states - Copies of the revised Local Law can be reviewed at Lancaster Town Hall – that is not possible.

The legal notice also states that the Local Law revision can also be reviewed on the Town of Lancaster’s website, http://www.lancasterny.gov. Please tell me where to look for it on the town website – I can’t find it.

I am fortunate to have a copy of the Draft revision. In the process of reading it now, I am of the opinion that one would find it necessary to review it to become competent before asking questions and/or commenting on its completeness / applicability at a future Public Hearing.

I would hope a link would be provided on the town website where all interested residents could have an opportunity to review the entire document, or sections of interest. In the recent town election, every candidate campaigned on transparency.

If the Draft Zoning Code Local Law Revision document is already on the website, Gorga, tell me where to find it. It is lengthy and no one would have the time to read a 100+ document at Town Hall – even if it were available.

It should be posted on the town website.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Hey Gorga:

Perhaps you can answer the following:

At the March 16th town board meeting, a resolution was approved to: Set Public Hearing Re: Proposed Local Law 2020 Chapter 50 Zoning Revision.

Legal Notice published

LEGAL NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that the Town Board of the Town of Lancaster will hold a Public Hearing on the 13th day of April, 2020 at 6:00 P.M., at the Town Hall, 21 Central Avenue, Lancaster, New York, for the purposes of considering and possibly revising or adopting a Local Law to amend the Town of Lancaster Code, Chapter 50. Zoning, Articles I through IX, including updating the zoning map. Copies of the revised Local Law can be reviewed at Lancaster Town Hall, 21 Central Avenue, during normal business hours and on the Town of Lancaster’s website, http://www.lancasterny.gov. All interested members of the public shall be heard.

Considering the Covid-19 shelter restriction has been extended for the entire month of April, it seems likely that the scheduled April 13th Public Hearing will also be cancelled.

Considering that all buildings town public buildings will remain closed and the Legal Notice states - Copies of the revised Local Law can be reviewed at Lancaster Town Hall – that is not possible.

The legal notice also states that the Local Law revision can also be reviewed on the Town of Lancaster’s website, http://www.lancasterny.gov. Please tell me where to look for it on the town website – I can’t find it.

I am fortunate to have a copy of the Draft revision. In the process of reading it now, I am of the opinion that one would find it necessary to review it to become competent before asking questions and/or commenting on its completeness / applicability at a future Public Hearing.

I would hope a link would be provided on the town website where all interested residents could have an opportunity to review the entire document, or sections of interest. In the recent town election, every candidate campaigned on transparency.

If the Draft Zoning Code Local Law Revision document is already on the website, Gorga, tell me where to find it. It is lengthy and no one would have the time to read a 100+ document at Town Hall – even if it were available.

It should be posted on the town website.
    It is https://lancasterny.gov/document-cen...raft/file.html

On the front page of the website, 1st Covid Executive order, 2nd Pedestrian Safety Action Plan, 3rd Zoning code draft, Zoning Code map, Environmental resource Areas

I posted it in Post #2 of the New Zoning Code thread on March 17th. You responded to it,

https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...=1#post1919347

Georgia L Schlager

It is https://lancasterny.gov/document-cen...raft/file.html

On the front page of the website, 1st Covid Executive order, 2nd Pedestrian Safety Action Plan, 3rd Zoning code draft, Zoning Code map, Environmental resource Areas

I posted it in Post #2 of the New Zoning Code thread on March 17th. You responded to it,

https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...=1#post1919347
    Thank you, Gorga.

WOW! The Speakup dumb-ass reward goes to Lee Chowaniec.

Thank you, Gorga.

WOW! The Speakup dumb-ass reward goes to Lee Chowaniec.
    No Lee, it's the Covid-19 stress. Everyone has taken a turn at being a dumb-ass lately

Georgia L Schlager

No Lee, it's the Covid-19 stress. Everyone has taken a turn at being a dumb-ass lately
    Well understanding the reason and importance for the Covid-19 crisis coverage, my zeal was directed to informing Lancaster residents on the importance of the town’s Public Hearing on the proposed zoning code change / updating. Residents who are especially interested in future town development regarding land development usage, property rights, infrastructure, environment, traffic and traffic safety issues.

As someone who religiously attended town board meetings for twenty years, I am very impressed with what I have read so far. Kudos to the Planning Board, Town Attorney Loftus, outside counsel, committees and especially Supervising Code Enforcement Officer Matthew Fischione for their time and effort.

I strongly disagree(d) with past and present town officials that declare(d) the town was developed appropriately. It was not – especially with the number of rezones and rezones-of-rezones that took place over the years and the wanton or indiscriminate destruction of valuable and functional wetlands for the sake of development that favored developer and town best interests over that of its residents.

What is most assuring is having Mr. Fischione as code enforcement officer. He excels in that position.

Well understanding the reason and importance for the Covid-19 crisis coverage, my zeal was directed to informing Lancaster residents on the importance of the town’s Public Hearing on the proposed zoning code change / updating. Residents who are especially interested in future town development regarding land development usage, property rights, infrastructure, environment, traffic and traffic safety issues.

As someone who religiously attended town board meetings for twenty years, I am very impressed with what I have read so far. Kudos to the Planning Board, Town Attorney Loftus, outside counsel, committees and especially Supervising Code Enforcement Officer Matthew Fischione for their time and effort.

I strongly disagree(d) with past and present town officials that declare(d) the town was developed appropriately. It was not – especially with the number of rezones and rezones-of-rezones that took place over the years and the wanton or indiscriminate destruction of valuable and functional wetlands for the sake of development that favored developer and town best interests over that of its residents.

What is most assuring is having Mr. Fischione as code enforcement officer. He excels in that position.
    I agree Lee. This must be done in a timely fashion as the last 6-month moratorium ends April 7th. The town would need a public hearing to extend the moratorium if the zoning code wasn't approved on time, as I interpret the situation

NOW, THEREFORE,BE IT RESOLVED by the Town Board of the Town of Lancaster thatthe October 9, 2018 Local Law entitled the “Town of Lancaster Rezone ApplicationMoratorium” is hereby extended six months until April 7, 2020 to allow for the adoption ofthe Town of Lancaster’s revised Zoning Code.

Georgia L Schlager

Georgia L Schlager

Thank you for posting this Gorja.

The so-called "teleconference" was a rather puzzling endeavor applied with what seemed the technology of a dial-in radio talk show of the late 1960s.

A telephone call-in process, in order to listen to the meeting, requiring a pin number, seriously?

I half expected Larry King or John Otto to come on the line.

I understand that most people attempting to engage the process were told that the conference reached its participant limit, and were hung-up on by an automated voice.

SMH.

This is no time to be petty, so I will hold my more substantive criticism for a later date.

With that said, I really wish that the Ruffino administration would have followed the technological lead of other towns, such as West Seneca which I understand live-streamed its meeting on the internet.

Could not the Supervisor at this time of crisis, apply the skills which he has used to present his musical performances to directly communicate to the people of the town that he now leads?

It seems to me that during this time of crisis and anxiety, it is essential that the town residents be fully informed, and hear directly from its leader.

For Heaven's sake, I know for a fact that town officials know how to use social media, because they appear to ably use social media to criticize town residents during business hours on business days...

[SIZE=6]CLICK THESE SAMPLES OF SUCH SEEMING USE:/SIZE]

2020-03-21.png

2020-03-20 (7).png
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 7th, 2020 at 11:33 AM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Thread Information