Thread: Cleaning out Sewers

Cleaning out Sewers

Yup...couldn't believe my eyes yesterday. Big yellow truck with the suction hose, going down the street and sucking out all the sewers. The smell was...well all raw sewage...older part of Amherst. But I haven't seen this done since I was a kid.

Since most neighbors I know in this part of Amherst has the shut off valve in their basements now ( at our cost )...could it be people who don't have them have had enough of the back-up of sewers.....................

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Resident View Post
    Yup...couldn't believe my eyes yesterday. Big yellow truck with the suction hose, going down the street and sucking out all the sewers. The smell was...well all raw sewage...older part of Amherst. But I haven't seen this done since I was a kid.

Since most neighbors I know in this part of Amherst has the shut off valve in their basements now ( at our cost )...could it be people who don't have them have had enough of the back-up of sewers.....................
    Hey, I got a question... I have one of those shut-off valve things. But, it won't turn. Prolly, rusted/corroded from years of non-use. Anyone have a homeowner (non-pro-plumber) firiendly suggestion to get the thing working again?

your talking about the ball inside the pope in your basement?

My mom had a major issue, though her ball has a dent in it. What she did was hput a PVC pipe in the hole, so that the water rises up the pipe but doesnt overflow onto the floor. works great until someone nudges the pipe.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Thread Information