Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: State , Country and most Towns have disaster coordinators and County support

Lightbulb State , Country and most Towns have disaster coordinators and County support

Its amazing how all these tax funded local disaster preparedness people are invisible now. The same politicians who created all these mostly patronage positions are screaming the President should be doing more. What are they doing besides crying for more federal aid ?

What we are learning is - like so many other tax funded services - they cant actually do much except repeat what others do or react after a disaster has fallen upon us! For the most part they help us feel better prepared - we actually arent any safer from most disastrous events.

*No - I am not saying volunteers, ambulance personal, police and others dont perform a needed service.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Funny you mention that.

I can be completely misinformed on this...

So what is Lancaster's Senior center doing seeing seniors are basically staying home? Do you see the employees following up with Lancaster's elderly? Making sure they are fine, meds delivered and groceries? Our senior center has 6 full timers and 25 part timers... I'm just wondering what they are doing... Hopefully being assets to our community.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Its amazing how all these tax funded local disaster preparedness people are invisible now. The same politicians who created all these mostly patronage positions are screaming the President should be doing more. What are they doing besides crying for more federal aid ?

What we are learning is - like so many other tax funded services - they cant actually do much except repeat what others do or react after a disaster has fallen upon us! For the most part they help us feel better prepared - we actually arent any safer from most disastrous events.

*No - I am not saying volunteers, ambulance personal, police and others dont perform a needed service.
    Our Lancaster disaster coordinator was in attendance of the Monday night TB meeting.
    Anyone there could have asked him questions

Georgia L Schlager

What type of update or report did he/she give - what has been done on the Village,Town and County level. They all should be in communication and sharing plans for reacting to current and future needs.

I am not saying they arent reacting at all - what I am saying is everyone is pointing finger at the President ! We are supposed to have people in place on every level who prepare and plan for all manner of emergency situations.

What many have seen so far is partisan finger pointing and fear mongering. Every politician has not missed their chance to cry for more aid - more federal dollars ! Some of those politicians are actually ridiculing Washington and the President for spending billions to help fight this disaster - then they put their hand out and cry for more.

By the way Tops is out of toilet paper and every thing used to disinfect homes/people = Undo panic buying/hording !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Trump will never be forgiven for his arrogance / ignorance when he declared but a few weeks ago that we had the coronavirus under control. That said, the government and health agencies response has been incredible in trying to play catch up and doing what’s best to contain the virus spread.

What is really disgusting is a biased media attempting to stir further political controversy and divisiveness in order to undermine Trump. Watching today’s Trump press conference it was utterly ridiculous watching a ‘reporter’ trying to label Trump a racist because he stated that had we had better / earlier reports from China America could have reacted earlier.

A ‘racist’? WTF! What was the country of origin?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Trump will never be forgiven for his arrogance / ignorance when he declared but a few weeks ago that we had the coronavirus under control. That said, the government and health agencies response has been incredible in trying to play catch up and doing what’s best to contain the virus spread.
    No attempt at partisanship here, but did not the WHO earlier state that Corona was not spread by human contact?

Furthermore, this is what the WHO said as late as February 24, 2020...

“Using the word pandemic now does not fit the facts, but it may certainly cause fear,” said the WHO’s director general, Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, at a briefing.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...me-says-expert

Now everyone should understand by what Trump meant by "Shlthole Nations."

Just keep the borders open, defy ICE, and bring them all in, undocumented and unvetted.

How is it working out for everybody?
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER

These are very dangerous times, and it is necessary for all of us to cooperate with our public officials.

In my opinion, for those officials, elected and appointed, as well as our police and emergency personnel, to effectively deal with the situation, they need to be equipped with information to safely and effectively perform their duties in way which also fosters public confidence.

I understand that information regarding local testing was withheld last week from some officials. If my understanding is correct, it is perhaps indicative of a communications break down, and not resultant of an intentional deception, just my opinion of course.

I wish to highly emphasize that I am not criticizing ANY official; my concerns are referencing what appears to have been a flaw in the process.

God Bless.

Attached Images Attached Images
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm mixed on this.

Going over board is better than a disaster but at what cost?

"Oh the cost of lives" Yeah I get that. If this is true why are cigarettes still sold? Why are people who sell items laced with fentanyl not given the death penalty?

You know what I think needs to be reviewed? How did each town board react to what is going on for each town. Use it as a learning tool.

I'm curious what each town board is doing. "We are busy handling to situation".. Exactly what is that? Someone told me to email and ask. I'd rather wait until it over with because if they are busy I'd rather not waste their time with petty items.

Most of our clients are not thrilled but are doing what they need to. Most are on the ball. Anyone in business for an extended amount of time also knows there are clients that are not on the ball. You help them as much as you can but their issues are all self induced. It's their own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER

These are very dangerous times, and it is necessary for all of us to cooperate with our public officials.

In my opinion, for those officials, elected and appointed, as well as our police and emergency personnel, to effectively deal with the situation, they need to be equipped with information to safely and effectively perform their duties in way which also fosters public confidence.

I understand that information regarding local testing was withheld last week from some officials. If my understanding is correct, it is perhaps indicative of a communications break down, and not resultant of an intentional deception, just my opinion of course.

I wish to highly emphasize that I am not criticizing ANY official; my concerns are referencing what appears to have been a flaw in the process.

God Bless.

UPDATED, 10:05 a.m.:

From WBEN News Talk 930...

Erie County: Drive-thru testing sites are not a secret

Sites locations are not being announced. Find out why.

MIKE BAGGERMAN

MARCH 20, 2020 - 8:30 AM

LANCASTER, N.Y. (WBEN) – Drive-thru testing sites have popped up in parts of Erie County as health officials continue to examine ways to mitigate the spread of coronavirus in Western New York.

The testing sites allow someone to simply drive up to the testing site, receive the test, and drive away. It’s a process that only takes a few minutes to complete.

There have been multiple reports of the drive-thru testing sites opening in parts of the region, including in Lancaster, where Erie County Legislator Frank Todaro said he was first alerted after receiving calls and texts from constituents and first responders.

“We were very concerned,” Todaro said Thursday. “(Lancaster Police and volunteers) were told to keep it hush-hush. They did not feel comfortable doing that.”

Erie County Health Commissioner Gale Burstein was pressed by lawmakers on the drive thru testing sites. WBEN also asked her if the county had the intent of being “secretive” about the sites, something they deny.

“It’s not a secret process,” Burstein said. “We’re letting people know this is available and for people who approved to get testing, we let them know the location and time they have to show up. Then, they show up.”

She said health officials were worried about a stigma of an individual going to the drive-thru site and for their privacy. Burstein also noted they were worried that people would see the site and decide to get a test without any recommendation by a doctor.

“We’re not trying to hide anything,” Burstein said. “It’s just that people who need to know the location are told the location. Otherwise, I’m not really sure people need to know the exact location if they’re not going to be tested.”

Erie County is extremely limited in their testing capabilities. In fact, they will not be able to conduct any more tests until they receive supplies from the state government. Multiple other counties have run into the same issue.

Burstein said the lack of test kits is another factor in why they don’t want to advertise the location of one of the sites.

The lack of information by the county concerned Todaro.

“I think the government needs to be transparent on what we’re doing,” he said. “With that, it backfired. My phone just starting blowing up. I had no answers but to explain the process of how to obtain a kit from your primary doctor.”

Todaro said he even witnessed an individual leaving the drive thru site and go to a drive thru at a Tim Horton’s.

When told that the county was not trying to advertise the location to the public, Todaro said it caused more problems than it solved.

“If people were instructed that this is occurring (and told) do not show up, I think people would heed the warning not to show up,” Todaro said. “If they’re finding out there’s a testing facility and it’s wishy-washy on the communication, they’re going to go there and show up.”

Burstein said if you show up at one of the pop-up drive-thru testing sites, you will be kicked out by the sheriff’s office.

Read the story and hear the audio...

https://wben.radio.com/articles/erie...e-not-a-secret

I posted this on "My View From Lancaster" this morning...

My View From Lancaster
    Published by Mark Blazejewski · 3 hrs ·

This was originally posted at 8:25 a.m. this morning:

"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER

In my opinion, for those officials, elected and appointed, as well as our police and emergency personnel, to effectively deal with the situation, they need to be equipped with information to safely and effectively perform their duties in a way which also fosters public confidence.

I wish to emphasize that I am not criticizing ANY official; my concerns are referencing what appears to have been a flaw in the process.

God Bless."

The original post has been removed and in the public interest was UPDATED at 10:03 a.m.:

https://wben.radio.com/…/erie-county...ing-sit…

This was a comment to that posting...

Scott Pease

Scott Pease Did you just write intentional deception? Are u freaking serious? Must be great to hide behind a keyboard and throw accusations out there. During these trying times, let’s try to keep things positive. This bantering and “ my view” is getting old.[/B][/SIZE]
    This was a response to the poster...

My View From Lancaster You obviously did not understand what I wrote Mr. Pease because the attached update from WBEN confirmed everything that I posted.

I wrote...

"If my understanding is correct, it is perhaps indicative of a communications break down, and NOT resultant of an intentional deception..."

Are you saying that it WAS a result of an intentional deception? I certainly hope not, nor do I think that is what you meant.

I am out here in an effort to support public officials so that they may foster public confidence.

You are a well-paid public official, what are you doing?

The response...

Scott Pease Support local public officials is definitely not something in your vocabulary. What am I doing? Working.
    The My View response...

My View From Lancaster Scott Pease RETRACT YOUR LIES!

I noticed you avoided acknowledging my comment that you do not know the difference between the meaning of "resultant" from "NOT" resultant.

Your working, by dispensing lies and misrepresentations while on the public payroll?

Your shame has no limits sir.

Disgusting!
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 20th, 2020 at 01:37 PM.

Do truth-telling Lancaster taxpayers and residents have to put up with this obsessive berating conduct from Lancaster officials during a time of urgency and crisis?...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    so who is my view from Lancaster?

This has been received...

...and editorial comment aside, accepted...

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    so who is my view from Lancaster?
    An OPINION page with incredible insight.

I do feel it is correct to not publicize the locations of drive through testing.
    There is always that one person in our society who is off balance and may want to annihilate
    any of those individuals being tested feeling they are obliterating the disease.

Again, just my opinion

Georgia L Schlager

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information