Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: State , Country and most Towns have disaster coordinators and County support

WORKING TOGETHER

It would seem that Erie County Legislator Frank Todaro located some 69,000 surplus surgical masks residing in a warehouse, up to standards, packaged, and ready for circulation.

In a phrase, the masks "Where dressed-up with nowhere to go."

Legislator Todaro was quick to reach out to Senator Tim Kennedy to cut through the red tape, and get these urgently needed products into circulation.

Working together, Todaro and Kennedy cut that red tape "in about five minutes." Those masks seem be on the fast-track to Catholic Health, Kaleida, and ECMC.

Thank you Legislator Todaro and Senator Kennedy; two neighbors working hard for their community.

Legislator Todaro on WBEN with Susan Rose this morning...

https://wben.radio.com/media/audio-c...r-frank-todaro
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 23rd, 2020 at 09:54 AM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

For John Lennon fans

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    For John Lennon fans

Tang Ya Boys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol9_0schMHs
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

This is truly a global crisis, so it is important that all people, of all nations, and of all tastes be soothed.

For those with a country-western taste...

bugs bunny square dance.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9SrXRNPRCA

...and for the ailing Prince of Wales...

bewitched.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW9Awu-xmXA

And, I'll be selfish during these bleak times, and insist that my Italian heritage be honored...

charlie dog.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je1doLS26jw
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 28th, 2020 at 02:15 PM.

Originally posted by mark blazejewski:
    And, I'll be selfish during these bleak times, and insist that my Italian heritage be honored...

LMAO !!!!

Georgia L Schlager

Originally posted by mark blazejewski:

LMAO !!!!

My maternal grandmother loved that Looney Tune cartoon with "Charlie Dog."

Now there was a woman who went through it all Gorja; a cousin killed by the Fascists in Italy, and saw two sons die in infancy, one from Diphtheria.

That generation went through a great deal, and I can only hope to have their strength and faith.

But, just looking at these golden oldies really diverted my attention today. It is good to smile---for a change.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 28th, 2020 at 05:44 PM.

During one of his concert "Intermissions," County Executive Poloncarz may wish to speak to this unsettling circumstance in order to calm nerves and foster complete public confidence...

The public posting of such words and feelings certainly lend suspicion and fear to the present crisis.

Fortunately, Dr. Johnson, after receiving sequential telephone calls from Legislator Todaro and Minority Leader Loreigo acted promptly, prudently, and properly in the public interest.

https://buffalonews.com/2020/03/28/r...acebook-posts/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 29th, 2020 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    My maternal grandmother loved that Looney Tune cartoon with "Charlie Dog."

Now there was a woman who went through it all Gorja; a cousin killed by the Fascists in Italy, and saw two sons die in infancy, one from Diphtheria.

That generation went through a great deal, and I can only hope to have their strength and faith.

But, just looking at these golden oldies really diverted my attention today. It is good to smile---for a change.
    One of my uncles died of diphtheria in the 1920's. My mom said anytime after that if she or her brother or sister had a sore throat,
    my grandfather would paint their tonsils with iodine

Georgia L Schlager

One of my uncles died of diphtheria in the 1920's. My mom said anytime after that if she or her brother or sister had a sore throat,
    my grandfather would paint their tonsils with iodine
    Tragic fear Gorja, and, in talking to my grandparents, I know exactly where your grandfather was coming from.

"The authority of the state over its people resides in its war powers."

Justified or unjustified, this is a troubling example of how the Governor can exercise his sole discretion to place more weight on region than on another, and on one life than on another...

"The State will be mobilizing the National Guard to pick up and distribute supplies to and from hospitals in need. Cuomo said resources will be shifted all across the state depending on the need of the equipment and PPE.

"I am signing an Executive Order allowing State to take ventilators and PPE which will be returned or reimbursed," said Cuomo. "I apologize to those institutions."
    Reference:

https://www.wgrz.com/mobile/article/...9-270bcac25871

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 3rd, 2020 at 01:20 PM.

CLARIFY THIS QUOTE PLEASE!:

"Going to get a loaf of bread at the grocery store to me is no longer essential," Ruffino said.
    Town gears up to enforce ‘New York state on PAUSE’
    April 08, 2020

by MARIA PERICOZZI Editor

Supervisor Ronald Ruffino said at Monday’s town board meeting that Lancaster is onboard with the PAUSE order, and the Lancaster Police will issue tickets and fines to those who do not comply.

The PAUSE order includes social distancing, closure of non-essential businesses, ban on non-essential public gatherings, limiting outdoor activities to non-contact activities, and limiting the use of public transportation to essential travel.

“Here in Lancaster, we’re going to take it seriously,” Ruffino said. “We’re going to do our part. We’re going to do our job.”

Ruffino said the number of positive coronavirus cases just keep going up. As of Wednesday morning, there are 41 COVID-19 cases in the Town and Village of Lancaster, and a section of Depew east of Transit Road. There are currently 85 cases in the Cheektowaga/Sloan area and a section of Depew west of Transit Road. There are 910 active cases of COVID-19 in Erie County, with 223 recoveries and 30 deaths.

“You’re going to start finding it’s hitting closer and closer to home,” Ruffino said. “I can’t wait until this is over.”

Ruffino shared his concerns about public transportation still running. He said he understands essential workers need to get to work, but they should find a way to only let essential workers use public transportation. He said he expressed his concerns to the state and county officials.

“Going to get a loaf of bread at the grocery store to me is no longer essential,” Ruffino said.

COVID-19 signs were also put in front of all the local fields and playgrounds at local parks, and all of the nets have been taken down. Tennis and basketball courts have also been locked and are closed to the public.

Ruffino also received a letter from Erie County Comptroller Stefan Mychajliw, warning the town that the coronavirus pandemic will most certainly have a negative impact to bed tax and sales tax revenue, which will influence the bottom line.

With the limitations placed on restaurants and bars for takeout or delivery only, and the closing of movie theatres, bowling alleys and more, it will negatively impact the bottom line. In addition, with people working from home and staying home because no outside entertainment is available, the sales tax revenue will take a major hit, Ruffino said.

The 2020 budget for sales tax revenue is $5.8 million.

“Obviously we will fall short of that number, but how far south of it is yet to be determined,” Ruffino wrote in an email to town staff. “Given the situation and in preparation for the inevitable, I am asking each person on this memo to be extremely diligent of their spending this year and only making purchases that are of the utmost importance.”

Ruffino asked if staff have a vehicle purchase budgeted for 2020, and it can wait until late 2020 or 2021, to let him know.

“Remember, we are all in this together,” Ruffino wrote.

The next town board meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. Monday, April 20, via teleconference.
    Reference: https://www.lancasterbee.com/article...msJ7tqP98ccpfQ

COMMENT:

Mr. Ruffino's concerns are well-taken, but what alternative(s) does he purpose that will both satisfy his concern and address the need for children and the elderly to remain well-nourished?

If Mr. Ruffino has such an alternative, this newspaper story does not speak to it.

Has Mr. Ruffino previously publicly articulated such an alternative?

Are the police or National Guard going to provide MREs?

Will town employees do our shopping?

Previously, our officials told us not to over-purchase, and to buy only what we need for two weeks. Those two weeks are long since up.

If purchasing food is "non-essential," equally, do grocery stores fall within Ruffino's meaning of non-essential businesses?

What to do, what to do???

I tried to access the April 6, 2020 Town Council meeting via telephone with a pin number, but was told "the conference is full" and was promptly hung-up on.

This crisis is no time for a communications black-out; the public needs clear, concise, and unambiguous guidance.

ANSWERS ARE NEED FOR ALL OF US TO KEEP OUR FAMILY, OUR NEIGHBORS, AND OURSELEVES SAFE AND HEALTHY WHILE COMPLYING WITH THE LAW!
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 8th, 2020 at 05:53 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information