Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: State , Country and most Towns have disaster coordinators and County support

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I do feel it is correct to not publicize the locations of drive through testing.
    There is always that one person in our society who is off balance and may want to annihilate
    any of those individuals being tested feeling they are obliterating the disease.

Again, just my opinion
    As I posted Georgia, the officials need to be provided with the necessary information so that all public questions can be truthfully and accurately answered in a responsible way so as to foster public confidence.

Transparency reduces rumors and the dangers attendant to rumors.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Georgia L Schlager

Attached Images Attached Images
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Can we expect to hear a comforting song from Supervisor Ruffino in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Can we expect to hear a comforting song from Supervisor Ruffino in the near future?
    I can't wait until my self-quarantine from satirical criticism ends soon so that I may answer that question.

You two can't stop with the digs no matter what the circumstances

Georgia L Schlager

A town employee recently seems to have had literary visions regarding my posts, et tu Gorja?:

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    I can't wait until my self-quarantine from satirical criticism ends soon so that I may answer that question.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 22nd, 2020 at 08:20 AM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It's cute what mark did but you know what popped up in my mind.

Who remembers another government official who play music?

The infamous phrase—“Nero fiddled while Rome burned”—has come to mean a person who is neglecting their duties, probably by doing something frivolous. ... Back to Nero, the story goes that a great fire swept through Rome in 64 AD, and Nero played his fiddle in a villa some miles away, ignoring his duty to the great city.
    Historians are rather sure that the fiddle wasn't invented at that time. I'm not saying Mark isn't doing anything. I just stated what popped into my mind when I saw that.

Lighten up, Gorga.

My focus was on the song you posted and the singing and dancing aspirations of our Town Supervisor – not personal governance.

You posted Poloncarz’s musical piece without explanation. If you found it inspirational, others may not.

As I received another email yesterday with a video of Supervisor Ruffino performing, who knows where or when, it seemed befitting to ask whether Mr. Ruffino would likewise put out something inspirational – in place of the numerous gyrating rock pieces he has performed at different venues and/or in public restaurants.

While you are enthralled and supportive of Mr. Ruffino to the nth-degree, and believe his personal life is his to lead as he sees fit, others prefer their supervisor to act more professional – as befits his office.

As a senior, senior most vulnerable to the coronavirus risk and hunkered down at home for more than a week already, I find your ‘dig no matter what the consequences’ comment irrational and demeaning. I don’t believe you to be that kind of person.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    It's cute what mark did but you know what popped up in my mind.

Who remembers another government official who play music?

Historians are rather sure that the fiddle wasn't invented at that time. I'm not saying Mark isn't doing anything. I just stated what popped into my mind when I saw that.
    We all cope in different ways Res, and perhaps this is how Poloncarz is dealing with his stress, so I have no criticism.

Poloncarz, in my opinion, is working very hard and is attentive, so the Nero analogy is kind of in-congruent, but perhaps this example of Secretary of State Kerry and James Taylor serenading the people of France in 2015 is more appropriate to the situation...

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...to_france.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Lighten up, Gorga.

My focus was on the song you posted and the singing and dancing aspirations of our Town Supervisor – not personal governance.

You posted Poloncarz’s musical piece without explanation. If you found it inspirational, others may not.

As I received another email yesterday with a video of Supervisor Ruffino performing, who knows where or when, it seemed befitting to ask whether Mr. Ruffino would likewise put out something inspirational – in place of the numerous gyrating rock pieces he has performed at different venues and/or in public restaurants.

While you are enthralled and supportive of Mr. Ruffino to the nth-degree, and believe his personal life is his to lead as he sees fit, others prefer their supervisor to act more professional – as befits his office.

As a senior, senior most vulnerable to the coronavirus risk and hunkered down at home for more than a week already, I find your ‘dig no matter what the consequences’ comment irrational and demeaning. I don’t believe you to be that kind of person.
    With Mark following up on your comment, it looked like a team effort.
    I guess, I'm bracing myself for when the budget increases and taxes go up with the pension monies in the tanking stock market.
    Mark's posts in October will be relentless Right Mark?

Georgia L Schlager

With Mark following up on your comment, it looked like a team effort.
    I guess, I'm bracing myself for when the budget increases and taxes go up with the pension monies in the tanking stock market.
    Mark's posts in October will be relentless Right Mark?
    You have a pretty good handle on me Gorja, and you know that I am more about the things that were, and how they may apply to the things that are, rather than what may lie ahead.

Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 22nd, 2020 at 03:51 PM.

You have a pretty good handle on me Gorja, and you know that I am more about the things that were, and how they may apply to what the things are, rather than what may lie ahead.

Georgia L Schlager

Like the new avatar Gorja.

Did my wife give it to you from her 44-year supply?

Like the new avatar Gorja.

Did my wife give it to you from her 44-year supply?

Funny

Georgia L Schlager

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information