Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
I get that. I agree this is going to sink a lot of small businesses and lower income folks. But that doesn't mean the risk to those at risk should be considered with a flippant regard.

This is not true. Here are some stats on this: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Iran has a 0.056% death rate.

China has a 0.039% death rate.

US has a 0.019% death rate.

South Korea has a 0.009% death rate.

The death rate is directly related to how this is being treated culturally. Full stop. The worst part in all of this is that we know how dangerous this can be to old people or the chronically ill. Yet people are still taking risks that could easily be avoided. You are clearly showing the arrogance I am speaking about. Millennials are clearly showing the lack of concern for others that I am speaking about.
Gee Leftie. You’re getting like Breezy and Buffalo Pundit...putting words into other people’s mouths and then excoriating them for it. Exactly what arrogance have I shown? Calling into question the real degree of threat and some of the steps that have been taken to counter it? You call it arrogance and you’re entitled to your opinion. I call it a legitimate concern for Americans, possibly millions of them, who are going to have their lives irreversibly ruined so that jerk offs like Cuomo can look tough on tv. Last I looked at least half the cases in the US and more than half the deaths are in 3 states, Washington, NY and CA. Two of those states, and the largest city in the third, have taken to excusing and in some cases encouraging crapping and pissing in public despite the obvious impact on public health. Now the people who encouraged that type of depraved conduct are telling people they can’t go to gym. Oddly, from what I’ve read daily exercise is considered part of a reasonable plan to avoid infection. As for millennials what more is there to be said. They’re the product of a failed public education system and little can be done about it now. All of that said, it’s the virus that kills people and not arrogance or lack of concern. If it were as you say we would’ve been wiped out as a species long ago.