Thread: Cheektowaga?????

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Cheektowaga?????

Cheektowaga....

Ask Jerry to join Dan's group on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7867...0462170149872/

Besides myself I'm going to assume we have many property/business owner wondering how negociations are going.

#1 cause for tax increase.....growing at a rate of 2-3% per year, current and former town employees pay and benefits. currently at $2mil to $3mil per year. then there is Interest which is at more then $2mil per year and growing as they add more bond debt.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Get this... it just happened today

Less than 24 hours ago it was listed he was Chair of "Labor negotiations". I see the site has been edited with that being removed.

Who can I call to get the site restored to yesterday?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This is why I just noticed this...

I needed Jerry's email address.

Can someone check my grammar before I send this off.

Dear Councilmember Kaminiski,

I am requesting that you join Dan Kollander's facebook group "Concerns of the Town of Cheektowaga Taxpayers.

https://tocny.org/officials/jerry-kaminiski/

I see that you are the Chair of Labor Negotiations.

I would like an update on how negotiations are coming along.

Anthony Fracasso
    I see the line has been removed this his "official" town webpage.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Site was updated...

I'm like 99% sure Richard's page was blank. Today I see more information.

https://tocny.org/officials/richard-rusiniak/

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    This is why I just noticed this...

I needed Jerry's email address.

I see the line has been removed this his "official" town webpage.
    Christine Adamczyk's page has her listed as the chair of labor relations
    https://tocny.org/officials/christine-adamczyk/

That was Jerry's 2019 assignment
    Last edited by gorja; March 11th, 2020 at 04:20 PM.

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It was carried over to the new website when it went live. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Christine Adamczyk's page has her listed as the chair of labor relations
    https://tocny.org/officials/christine-adamczyk/

That was Jerry's 2019 assignment
    Christine told me at a town board meeting public comment session that she cannot go and ask department head to make 15% cuts. I replied would you like me to?

She would not be my choice to negotiate contracts with the unions.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    Christine told me at a town board meeting public comment session that she cannot go and ask department head to make 15% cuts. I replied would you like me to?

She would not be my choice to negotiate contracts with the unions.
    Are u on the town board? When you run and win a seat then you can ask. Until then we’re just all blowing smoke up everyone’s a s s

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    Are u on the town board? When you run and win a seat then you can ask. Until then we’re just all blowing smoke up everyone’s a s s
    The CBAC recommended the reductions based on actual numbers and a projected $2.9mil increase in contracted and other mandated expenses. These could only be cut from Over time, Part time labor and Personal expenses as the unions has little control over those Those 3 things which make up about $20mil of the budget.
    In the end the board mostly ignored the recommendations, cutting just $500k of the $2.9mil needed. This led to them using reserves yet again to balance the budget, which has continued every year and at some point that fund will get low enough to affect the credit rating and to get the NY state controller's attention.

Well said...and honestly you can say what you want good or bad it was Jerry who voted against this years budget..No one likes to hold the Supervisor accountable about balancing the budget by using OUR RESERVE money..It remind me of a new home owner paying down their debt/income ratio to get a mortgage and as soon as they get the mortgage they start spending again...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    We are going to discuss something a poster sent to me today in a pm publicly on face book.

I agree with this

It remind me of a new home owner paying down their debt/income ratio to get a mortgage and as soon as they get the mortgage they start spending again...
    You need to qualify that in better context. Spending is fine. Going back into debt is not.

cheektowaga I agree with you. No one likes to hold the supervisor accountable ever for anything. Everyone likes to blame the social club and Democratic Party people from years ago. She controls the party now and the town nothing’s changed. Jerry voted no against this years budget. Meyers and Jimmy Rogowski voted no against this assessment years ago. Remember it was both Brian’s and a Christine that pushed for this. She is even the deputy supervisor!!! They all fell on the sword for Diane while she voted no to make sure she won re-election.

The question is what made us fall from the 100
    Percent and why? Dianes budgets for the last four years had major impact and role in this factor. Years ago she failed to tell people we will lower the 100’percent to 67 or 85 percent to reduce property taxes but now increase it back to 100 percent with tax hike. Diane and her company failed to mention that to the public.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Centorial1977 View Post
    cheektowaga I agree with you. No one likes to hold the supervisor accountable ever for anything. Everyone likes to blame the social club and Democratic Party people from years ago. She controls the party now and the town nothing’s changed. Jerry voted no against this years budget. Meyers and Jimmy Rogowski voted no against this assessment years ago. Remember it was both Brian’s and a Christine that pushed for this. She is even the deputy supervisor!!! They all fell on the sword for Diane while she voted no to make sure she won re-election.
    It's not one person's fault that the town is one of the highest taxed areas.

It's not the assessments... it's the BUDGET..

We should all pay no more than we have to and no one should pay less than they should. I wasn't happy about the assessment because of the bloated amount they said my home was worth.

A professional company came back with a lower value which is still higher than our old assessment but more in line with other home sales

Lets wait and see what this years bill is from NYS to subsidize the retirement fund for the loss they took in the stock market...last year I believe we were billed 1.4 Million...this year I think is gonna be scary...But hey lets keep spending our reserves to balance budget! I believe the budget is gonna get interesting...

Thread Information