Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wow, our assessment went up $58k

Tony Fracasso - Admin

wow, our assessment went up $58k

The people representing us property owners for contract negotiations better be good.

I'm personally ok privatizing everything in town right down to the person who flips the last light switch off end of the night in town hall.

Mine went up $66 THOUSAND - what their doing is pushing limited income families and seniors right out of Lancaster. So glad I only have a few more years until we move. Been looking in North Carolina - I could have a four bed room brick three story mansion for what we pay here now ! So sad -

The Town government facilitates builders/developers and their tax funded voter base = familia ! New homes are built and our taxes just keep rising because of the cost of Town Government and services ! But we all know that -

I will sell my house tomorrow for $40 thousand under assessed value. Bring your own realtor and a check -
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    My other half looked shell shocked when she stopped in the shop a while ago. Every other sentence was basically this is bull****.

Now I came to the realization is it BS.

If our town board was working in our best interest the budget would be under control. THe town board would be reviewing privatization of all services and I mean all services to have a baseline to use for contract negotiations. I'd be fine with have noble deserving refugees picking up our trash if it meant not selling my home versus having to sell my home due to taxes.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Concerns of the Town of Cheektowaga taxpayers

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7867...7524860443603/

Our Cheektowaga Community

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3005...7859095401628/

My daughter just received her Cheektowaga reassessment letter. Her assessment increased by $40,000, 32.8%. Her estimated tax increase is $93. It appears $30,000 is the cutoff number where anyone assessed at more than $30,000 will realize a tax increase.

My Lancaster assessment increased by $54,000. According to the ‘hypothetical’ (estimated) tax increase ($280) and other information provided, our cutoff appears to be around $30,000 as well, but my tax increase is 8.8%.

The City of Buffalo is getting creamed as well.

Is it any wonder that our glorious Cuomo run state is losing population. So many more would opt to do so if they had the means. Unfortunately, many will be losing their homes. The coronavirus is going to significantly add to the economic chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

Why is that shocking? When was the last time it was assessed? 3 or 4 years ago?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    4 years ago.

well 4 times we have gone through this... or 5 now.

Each time my other 1/2 fights the assessment and we have it lowered.

I'm shocked because the last few home sales on our street were in the 150's to 160's. Not 200k+. If they came back with a 160k to 170k I could see that. Now on Hitchcock there was a home that was sold at a high price but it's not comparable. Not even close and that was one of the homes they used against ours.

In the end it's not the assessment value that bothers me it's that we are charged very high taxes for school/county/town.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    4 years ago.

well 4 times we have gone through this... or 5 now.

Each time my other 1/2 fights the assessment and we have it lowered.

I'm shocked because the last few home sales on our street were in the 150's to 160's. Not 200k+. If they came back with a 160k to 170k I could see that. Now on Hitchcock there was a home that was sold at a high price but it's not comparable. Not even close and that was one of the homes they used against ours.

In the end it's not the assessment value that bothers me it's that we are charged very high taxes for school/county/town.
    Received this email from a Town of Lancaster neighbor who along with me is thinking of challenging our assessments:

Cheektowaga’s reassessment was just as bad as ours. My girlfriend lives on French near Towers. Was assessed at $129,000...now $195,000. Taxes up $800. Her neighbor in fixed income and doesn’t know how she can pay.

That is the worrisome part – seniors on fixed incomes and low-income homeowners having to be concerned about losing their homes. Many become too overwhelmed to even think about filing a Board of Appeals petition – or what’s required; navigating the OARS system.

Res, did I hear something about having to take your own grass clippings for disposal

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I mulch my grass clippings so I'm ok with that. They are still missing the point why are taxes are high and it's not about grass clippings

I'm going to stir the pot big time now. You chart out the path our town is on with labor contracts and it is bad.

I'm going to lay blame on the group that got us here. And we know I'm am a broken record The Cheektowaga Democratic Party.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Wow.. I thought we were hosed. I just talked to someone who got way bent over.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Get a home appraisal.

It's worth it. We just got ours back.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Dan put this together.

How to navigate the towns property search data to get assessment and sales comparison data.

https://www.facebook.com/dan.kolland...8733855159368/

Being put on hold now

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Saw that. They can circle back to this 60 days from now once the Virus from China is over with.

Here is something I noticed. Seems the people who sing from the roof tops "Pay your fair share" don't like it when it's time for them to "Pay their fair share"... IE: those who have been under assessed for ages.

Our town board is busy right now... I see there is a fundraiser for Jeremy Zellner on the 23rd at 5:30. I don't see a cancellation on the "Erie County Democratic Committee". Could be cancelled but I don't see a cancellation.

Wait I'm taking screens.. give me a minute.

My whole attitude has changed because of this assessment fiasco.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Sandee Sloier Brian, when your on SSD, and have lived in town since 1993, paid your taxes, you call to explain 35,000 increase along with 2 other assessments in last 6 years! So now, I have too put away 66.00 more each month. When I called for meeting and explained, I may loose my home next year, when 25% a year are for cheektowaga taxes, I was told WELL THATS TOO BAD!!!!! SO WHO DO I PAY? MORTGAGE? TAXES? HOW ABOUT FOOD? Try living on 12,000 a year
    Joy Cee We're on Social Security too. We're getting priced out based simply on taxes.
    I thought people on SSD or the elderly get sizable property tax discounts. Don't they?

I wonder what party the two people above vote for every election. The cheektowaga democrats who have allowed the budget to grow and grow?

Melissa Nowak Brian Pilarski Mr. Pilarski you as a board member, I’m sure are well aware of internal issues. Everything I heard about you and read about you is that you are a bright guy and have the best intentions. You got caught up in a political machine in Cheektowaga. I think you are an outsider ( politically) that probably didn’t know what you were getting yourself into. There are more important things to think about right now, that I’m not going to start venting. There will be a time and place for that.
    The political "machine".

SO that what I have been referring to as the Cheektowaga Democratic Party?

It's just math and the budget. Not the assessments. I wasn't happy because I felt they "over assessed" my value not that assessments took place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information