Thread: What's Going On At The Golf Course??

What's Going On At The Golf Course??

Would someone explain why taxpayers have to pay for improvements to a golf course that has less and less people playing at it each year? Are we also paying to build a driving range so government can compete with the private companies that already have driving ranges? Several times over the past ten years the golf course had to let people go due to theft of money. Have the internal checks and balances been looked at? Could there be weaknesses that result in loss of revenues to the tune of $137,000 (not inflated for current process) and an increase in expenses of $ 350,000 ? Or is it just that other golf courses have been built and the cometition is greater? Why is it that someone is requesting that the Controller's bookkeeping be reviewed? (Amhersttimes) Is there a problem with the information not being transparent? Any of the information is or should be available through a freedom of information request right. Besides, as long as there is nothing to hide I would think the info would be shared without hesitation.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Are we also paying to build a driving range so government can compete with the private companies that already have driving ranges?
    There is the bell ringer. I believe it just gives political parties a spot to employee people at our expense.

Why would anyone still pay money to play golf at a Town of Amherst course???? I live in the TOA and because of the terrible conditions that the town golf courses are kept in I went on over to Jeff Rainey in at the Tonawanda Dome and bought a non resident season pass to play Brighton and Sheridan for about $600-700. It sounds like a lot...but it is definitely worth it. With the pass you get to play UNLIMITED GOLF on both the Brighton and Sheridan courses.

I also must add that if you normally play the TOA course, you should come and play a round at Brighton or Sheridan. The conditions (especially at Sheridan) rival that of a private golf club. In addition to that, Sheridan is a challenging course that is always fun to play and never gets backed up.

It would be interesting to compare the revenues and expenses at the Brighton and Sheridan courses (both run by the Town of Tonawanda) to the Amherst courses for the same period to see if their revenues have decreased from 2001-2009 and expenses increased 2001-2009 at levels close to the Town of Amherst.

Quote Originally Posted by interested View Post
    It would be interesting to compare the revenues and expenses at the Brighton and Sheridan courses (both run by the Town of Tonawanda) to the Amherst courses for the same period to see if their revenues have decreased from 2001-2009 and expenses increased 2001-2009 at levels close to the Town of Amherst.
    Why not do it then? The info is subject to a FOIL request.

Thread Information