Thread: Trump administration cancels $8B health care grant for New York: Cuomo

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Trump administration cancels $8B health care grant for New York: Cuomo

Trump administration cancels $8B health care grant for New York: Cuomo

The Trump administration is canceling an $8 billion health care grant for New York, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Monday.

The funding was initially granted in 2014, and allowed the state to transition from a hospital-driven system to a more cost-effective, community-based system, according to the governor. The lack of grant money will cost New York $600 million in 2020, Cuomo said, adding that the Medicaid program will be hit hard.

https://www.wkbw.com/news/national/t...HUh8N44IE1sOS0

“If there's one area that you'd think should be beyond politics, it's health care,” Cuomo said during a news conference on Monday. “These are needy New Yorkers; they're primarily senior citizens, who are hurt.”
    Perhaps it's time to stop inviting people who shouldn't be here in the first place. Drop all and any of the sanctuary talk. Another novel idea is to let other states take refugees and place that cost on those communities not ours.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    From the article

“In and of itself, it is very counterproductive and hurtful to this state, but when you view it in the series that are going on, it is even more disturbing,” Cuomo said. “Because this is not just the federal government taking an isolated action that is hurting the state. There is a continued pattern and series of these actions. Connect the dots and you see the line.
    I see the pattern. Bad agenda pushed by Cuomo and his supporting political party.

I see a pattern too. A president who realizes that our state government is a thinly disguised organized crime operation is trying to protect federal dollars from waste by Cuomo and his posse.

more of a general comment than on this specific funding, far too much of states' (not just NY) budgets come from federal tax dollars. Why add a level of in-efficiency by taking it at the fed level, needing a massive department of federal employees to over see it, then redistribute it down to the state, needing more people to administer it, then pass it laterally to what ever state department handles it, then possible another handoff to the local gov't

how about keeping that kind of thing completely at the state level? Ideally it would reduce the federal deficit (yeah I know, they'd just spend it elsewhere)
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I see the pattern. Bad agenda pushed by Cuomo and his supporting political party.
    If/When Trump is elected again and if/when the Republicans take over the House because the Democrats decided to run a communist for President....it's going to be a long cold winter for New York. Not only is White House going to continue to check NYS funding but Chucky is going to have a price to pay in the Senate. A long. cold. winter.

I'd head south to the warmer states if I were you folks.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I don't blame one bit for holding back grants.

NYS is a money pit when it comes to the NYS budget.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Court hands Trump win in sanctuary city fight, says administration can deny grant money

A federal appeals court on Wednesday handed a major win to the Trump administration in its fight against “sanctuary” jurisdictions, ruling that it can deny grant money to states that refuse to cooperate with federal immigration authorities.

The 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals in New York overturned a lower court ruling that stopped the administration’s 2017 move to withhold grant money from the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Program, which dispenses over $250 million a year to state and local criminal justice efforts.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cou...ary-city-grant

Thread Information