Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2020 Lancaster Town Council primary

Ms. Gaczewski is one of those that listens to only 1 radio station... WIIFM... What’s In it For ME.
    Yes she has to sell herself as her actions did not do it for her. Connections to the Village Mayor really is her only claim to fame. We need the Town council to move forward from the political connections and get new younger candidates willing to make a better Lancaster.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I call her the 'Look at me" candidate. You know, "Look at me, I donated money to the food pantry". "Look at me, I made signs for the graduates"
    No humility, no anonymity. Just "Look at me, I'm running in the primary"[/SIZE][/FONT]

Well, well, well, was not this paragraph included in the letter on post #71 of this thread?...

(Please Click On The Attachment.)

image (41).jpg
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 15th, 2020 at 05:33 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

like the old hookers on Chippewa use to.
    HeHe!

Too funny gorja! Too, too funny! LOL

Ha!

I posted numerous times years ago that I was baffled why the Lancaster Conservative Party endorsed Democratic Party candidates 100% of the time. A party with conservative values consistently endorsing candidate with liberal, ideological values.

Well, that changed several years ago with a change in Conservative Party Chair and a system where prospective candidates were interviewed, vetted, and endorsed to ensure conservative party values were observed.

That did not preclude Democrat endorsed candidates from challenging endorsed Conservative Party candidates in the primary and from being victorious. At the same time, such victory by Democrat left an independent voter unsure that the candidate on the ballot shared their values.

Tuesday’s primary for Lancaster Town Council well exemplifies such scenario. Dawn Gaczewski has been a registered Conservative Party member for 11 years and the only candidate endorsed by the Conservative Party. She is also a Conservative Party committee member.

Michael Wozniak, Gaczewski’s Democrat endorsed opponent was a registered Democrat for years, even serving as a party committeeman, has changed party affiliation to Conservative in the last 133 days before the election - as have many other Democrats to enhance his chance of ‘stealing’ the Conservative line.

As a lifelong ‘blank’ who abhors voting on either the Democratic or Republican line, hearing that Wozniak has been endorsed by the Independence Party in the fall election, should Wozniak capture the Conservative line, that leaves me no choice but to vote elsewhere as Wozniak is no conservative – IMHO!

Ah, the political machinations in play during election time.

Just curious, did anyone receive any of these on SAturday?
    Political calls
    The Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 (TCPA) and Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations prohibit anyone (including charities, politicians and political parties) from making robocalls to cell phone numbers without the recipients' prior consent.

Georgia L Schlager

Conservative primary results

Still unofficial

Georgia L Schlager

The latest on the Lancaster Conservative Party primary vote count for council seat has Mike Wozniak leading Dawn Gaczewski by a narrow margin. Votes are being canvassed and the winner should be announced shortly.

Rumors abound on the efforts of the Democratic and Conservative Parties to register voters into the Conservative Party. Effort by the Conservative Party to keep their endorsed candidate on the line in November and efforts by the Democratic Party and Conservative Party discontents to ‘steal’ the party line.

Like others switching party affiliations, Wozniak was a registered Democrat for years, serving as a Democratic Party Committee member, and has recently registered as a conservative. Wozniak is also endorsed by the Democratic Party.

As a ‘blank’ and unable to vote in the primary, it is interesting to note the change in the number of registered voters in Lancaster in the past year and the change in party registrations,

Democrat – 11,693
    Republican – 9,393
    Blank – 6,612
    Independence – 1,822
    Conservative – 939
    Working Family – 177
    Green – 89

Total – 30,720

2020 (July 14)

Democrat – 11,770
    Republican – 9,872
    Blank – 6,732
    Independence – 1,795
    Conservative – 1,127
    Working Family – 156
    Other - 221
    Green – 191
    LBT – 53

Total – 31,839

Thank you, Lee for the update.
    The numbers show it was the Republicans that did the most party switching.
    Don't you think?
    479 less than last year while the Dems are only 77 less.

Georgia L Schlager

Thank you, Lee for the update.
    The numbers show it was the Republicans that did the most party switching.
    Don't you think?
    479 less than last year while the Dems are only 77 less.
    Revisit the numbers.

The number of Republican registered voters increased by 479. The number of Democratic registered voters increased by 77.

From a general registry, I cannot see how any determination can be made as to defections into the Conservative Party.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Revisit the numbers.

The number of Republican registered voters increased by 479. The number of Democratic registered voters increased by 77.

From a general registry, I cannot see how any determination can be made as to defections into the Conservative Party.
    Lee, I'm backwards. Sorry. I had in my head that the first column of numbers was for 2020 and the second was the previous year.
    So, I too don't know how any determination can be made of which party had the most flippers.
    Some of the Dem flippers were Gaczewski leaners like Coleman and Dave Brown

Georgia L Schlager

34 days and still no official results from the June primary in a local election.
    Will the official November Presidential election results be known before 2021?

Georgia L Schlager

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information