Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Lancaster Town Council primary

Henry Gull, the videographer with his ‘truth machine’. “Let freedom ring.” The nemesis of former Town Supervisor Robert Giza and then Council member and now supervisor Ronald Ruffino.

I knew the man well. The main force behind exposing the failed Colecraft Building purchase fiasco for a town police facility, the illicit fire contract negotiations, code violations, etc., was indeed the first one to expose the shady party affiliation changes to infiltrate the Independence Party to undermine its agenda and influence.

Gull was not around long enough to see the Democratic Party play the same game with the Conservative Party; most likely because until several years ago there was no need to – the Dems controlled the Conservative Party and consistently endorsed Democrats for primaries and elections. Opposing candidates from other parties could vie for the party line but were dead in the water because of the Democratic Party voter registration plurality in the town.

Once the Conservative Party changed Chairs and committee membership with the intent of returning the party to its conservative roots, candidates with conservative values have become the endorsed party candidates. Now, registered Democrats are flipping party affiliation to infiltrate the Conservative Party to vie for the party ballot line.

Do both sides play the same game today, as some allege? Most likely but not to the extent Dems do with their ‘stalker’ candidates – candidates with no intent of serving if winners, but to disrupt the process.

The Conservative Party voter registration has increased significantly in the past two years – especially as of late. It should be an interesting primary. You seen this day coming Mr. Gull. It is the new norm. Everything is fair in love and politics!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post

Now, registered Democrats are flipping party affiliation to infiltrate the Conservative Party to vie for the party ballot line.
    Is this an example of such an affiliation "flip?"...

Is this the same 2019 Democrat candidate for Town Council who suggested that "knowingly" making a "baseless allegation" is "an act" which is "worthy of the party of Trump?"

I note that the McCracken that related that assertion did not criticize President Trump personally, but suggested that such behavior was an earmark of the "party of Trump."

Not Trump, but the entire PARTY!

Is it not true that President Trump was the Conservative Party's standard bearer in New York State in 2016?

If those comments were uttered by the same McCracken who has now registered as a member of that Conservative "party of Trump," what compelled that conversion?

Together with my observations related on post #45 of this thread, methinks that there may be more than political value shifts in the wind.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 1st, 2020 at 09:52 AM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Is this an example of such an affiliation "flip?"...

Is this the same 2019 Democrat candidate for Town Council who suggested that "knowingly" making a "baseless allegation" is "an act" which is "worthy of the party of Trump?"

I note that the McCracken that related that assertion did not criticize President Trump personally, but suggested that such behavior was an earmark of the "party of Trump."

Not Trump, but the entire PARTY!

Is it not true that President Trump was the Conservative Party's standard bearer in New York State in 2016?

If those comments were uttered by the same McCracken who has now registered as a member of that Conservative "party of Trump," what compelled that conversion?

Together with my observations related on post #45 of this thread, methinks that there may be more than political value shifts in the wind.
    Good for her. We need more people like her in the Conservative party especially in the leadership roles. The family members of the republican leadership are doing it. So why not her?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Good for her. We need more people like her in the Conservative party especially in the leadership roles. The family members of the republican leadership are doing it. So why not her?

Regarding Mr. Tyler, you are starting to stutter Gorja because you already posted that on this thread, post #32 if I recall.

I am not aware that Tyler Sojka was a Democrat Committeeman, or a former Democrat candidate for elective office, are you?

Just my opinion, but the lack of those credentials distinguish Mr. Sojka from Kristen McCracken, or shall I say MRS. McCracken.

In any event, without any direct knowledge, I assume that there is a very strong possibility that Tyler Sojka's departure from the Democrat Party, like some other Democrats, may have been a disgusted reaction to the less than kind treatment that Ruffino and the 2019 Democrat leadership appear to have given Diane Terranova in 2019.

Are you suggesting that Kristen McCracken's departure from the Democrat Party and her affiliation with the Conservative Party is occasioned by that same principle?

If so, that action must lend itself to some rather interesting dinner table conversation.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 1st, 2020 at 12:22 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Regarding Mr. Jacob and Ms. Olivia, I understand that they have always been registered Conservatives, and are not components to the recent Conservative enrollments.

So, what is your point?

That these young people can not think for themselves, or have no heartfelt ideological values, or perhaps are led around by a "handler?"

We are not talking about a Supervisor that seemingly needs help running a work session, ya know?

"Ronnie, get to work and get the agenda going."
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 1st, 2020 at 12:21 PM.

Originally posted by mark blazejewski:
    Regarding Mr. Tyler, you are starting to stutter Gorja because you already posted that on this thread, post #32 if I recall.
    Actually, I do stutter once in awhile bbbbut that wasn't intended as a stutter but denoting a family relationship.
    As far as being enrolled in the conservative party earlier on, so have members of the families of democrats but it
    seems to be a crux in your side when their families have done it.

Personally, I believe every person has the option to enroll in whatever political party they choose.
    Maybe now there will be more people enrolled that actually have conservative values. As the previous
    Conservative member of the town board had not shown any Conservative voting record.

Georgia L Schlager

Actually, I do stutter once in awhile bbbbut that wasn't intended as a stutter but denoting a family relationship.
    As far as being enrolled in the conservative party earlier on, so have members of the families of democrats but it
    seems to be a crux in your side when their families have done it.

Personally, I believe every person has the option to enroll in whatever political party they choose.
    Maybe now there will be more people enrolled that actually have conservative values. As the previous
    Conservative member of the town board had not shown any Conservative voting record.
    I stutter many times too, particularly when upset.

But my use of "stuttering" intended a definition reflecting written re-occurrence.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 1st, 2020 at 12:48 PM.

Good for her. We need more people like her in the Conservative party especially in the leadership roles.

Attached Images Attached Images

[/B][/SIZE]

strange choice for attached picture to your posts...how and why did you choose this particular picture and quote?

Quote Originally Posted by Wehner View Post
    strange choice for attached picture to your posts...how and why did you choose this particular picture and quote?
    I know that the dog in the cartoon perhaps gave you painful flashbacks to a former patronage passion, but the words are a metaphor linked to the verb "DUPE," O' Cognitively Challenged One.

Words and phrases synonymous with "DUPE" are: deceive, trick, hoodwink, hoax, double-cross, gull, mislead, take in, fool, delude, misguide,lead on, ensnare, entrap, beguile, con, bamboozle, finagle, pull someone's leg, pull a fast one on, put one over on, snooker, and so on, and so forth.

Simply put, the metaphor is intended to call out Ms. Gorja's comments which seemingly support behavior which I believe to be deceptive. In a phrase "Please don't tell me you are saying or doing one thing, while you are actually meaning or doing something different."

You know, kind of like when you misrepresented on this medium the fact that you refused to sign a petition for a certain candidate, until it was discovered that your crayon in fact did scrawl your name on that petition, eh?

With that said, what the words are inscribed on, is not a picture, it is a drawing or a cartoon; a medium aimed at your level of understanding.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 1st, 2020 at 05:20 PM.

I know that the dog in the cartoon perhaps gave you painful flashbacks to a former patronage passion, but the words are a metaphor linked to the verb "DUPE," O' Cognitively Challenged One.

Words and phrases synonymous with "DUPE" are: deceive, trick, hoodwink, hoax, double-cross, gull, mislead, take in, fool, delude, misguide,lead on, ensnare, entrap, beguile, con, bamboozle, finagle, pull someone's leg, pull a fast one on, put one over on, snooker, and so on, and so forth.

Simply put, the metaphor is intended to call out Ms. Gorja's comments which seemingly support behavior which I believe to be deceptive. In a phrase "Please don't tell me you are saying or doing one thing, while you are actually meaning or doing something different."

You know, kind of like when you misrepresented on this medium the fact that you refused to sign a petition for a certain candidate, until it was discovered that your crayon in fact did scrawl your name on that petition, eh?

With that said, what the words are inscribed on, is not a picture, it is a drawing or a cartoon; a medium aimed at your level of understanding.
    Mark, Mr Wehner just asked a question. Why do you have to be so nasty to someone asking a question?

Georgia L Schlager

Mark, Mr Wehner just asked a question. Why do you have to be so nasty to someone asking a question?
    I am not nasty; I am appropriately analytical in responding to people who have repeatedly in the past, either lied, or have been nasty to me, that's why.

I actually I asked him...

Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 2nd, 2020 at 08:40 AM.

The Conservative Party registry has increased by at least 10% in the past year; a great number of new members in recent months. Individuals are out registering new Conservative Party members from Republican, Democrat and Independence Parties in an effort to support either the endorsed Conservative Party candidate Dawn Gaczewski, or to support a primary challenge made by endorsed Democratic Party candidate Michael Wozniak.

It is the prerogative of a voter to change party affiliation at any time, for whatever reason. The change is often made to express ideological prominence. Other times, to bolster the support of a non-endorsed candidate to wrest the line from the party endorsed candidate.

Anyone can primary the endorsed candidate of another party. That’s today’s politics in Lancaster. It was openly displayed in the Lancaster 2019 primary.

Where some have a problem is when a long-term registered voter of one party becomes an endorsed candidate for a vacated town council seat and has changed party affiliation in the 11th hour to garner support to challenge an endorsed candidate of another party.

Do we have such an example taking place in Lancaster in the 2020 primary race? So I understand, Michael Wozniak – endorsed by the Democratic Party (a 2019 Democratic Party Committee member) after recently registering in the Conservative Party.

This should be the essence of the hullabaloo. The rest is all claptrap.

Why should a non-Conservative Party member care (especially a ‘blank’ like me) is because the endorsed candidate is one that has been vetted by the party and believed to hold conservative ideology. A die-in-the-wool Democrat, a 2019 Democratic Party Committee member, does not embrace conservative values.

As some find it abhorrent to vote for a candidate on either the Republican or Democrat ballot line, this is disturbing.

*The change is often made to express ideological prominence.
    That was certainly my motivation, so I think it understandable when people of my ilk expose those who seemingly engage this political tactic ...

Other times, to bolster the support of a non-endorsed candidate to wrest the line from the party endorsed candidate.
    ...because of if I wanted to stay in a political party whose values have become so diluted as to make its applied philosophical soul indistinguishable from its counterpart, I would have never left the Republican Party after forty-two years.

* * Anyone can primary the endorsed candidate of another party. That’s today’s politics in Lancaster. It was openly displayed in the Lancaster 2019 primary.
    Of course 100% true; a ripped fruit falling from the poisonous tree of political deceit planted in 2003.

This should be the essence of the hullabaloo. The rest is all claptrap.
    Spot on Mr. C., but I truly believe that the resultant "claptrap" is a natural and appropriate response to the existent "chaos."

* *As some find it abhorrent to vote for a candidate on either the Republican or Democrat ballot line, this is disturbing.
    Amen!

In 2019, I voted for Terranova on the Conservative line, because I simply would not do so on the Democrat line. I certainly would have had a problem if Desiderio had captured both the Republican and Conservative lines.

Eeek!
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 3rd, 2020 at 07:45 AM.

and here all along i thought you related to this particular picture because the character played is a bully...oops my mistake...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information