Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Lancaster Town Council primary

Georgia L Schlager

Georgia L Schlager

Wow, all the complaints about certain individuals flipping to the Conservative party and look at this bunch

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Wow, all the complaints about certain individuals flipping to the Conservative party and look at this bunch
    I'm not complaining; I just wonder why the Democrats do not seem to have a qualified enrolled Democrat to challenge for the Town Council majority.

Moreover, previously, I have just pointed out a historic pattern of seeming disturbing Democrat "mischief making" with minor party lineS; a practice whose trend goes back to at least 2003.

I particularly object to a seeker of the public trust who whitewashes a career-long liberal voting record, with an opportunistic election-year conservative brush, only to revert post-election, to the same old liberal, "Friends and Family" patterns.

I do not presume to speak for others, but our values have been faithfully conservative from the mid 1970s.

Our so-called "flip" was a paper move to legitimize our heartfelt values. It was not an exercise in opportunistic deception.

Ya know what I mean?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 25th, 2020 at 02:46 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    I'm not complaining; I just wonder why the Democrats do not seem to have a qualified enrolled Democrat to challenge for the Town Council majority.

The Republicans apparently don't either.

Georgia L Schlager

The Republicans apparently don't either.
    Yes, but the Republicans have two affiliated Council members. I think the Democrats have only one.

As I await the faithful recital of the Ruffino two-year-old response, Ms. Dawn has a record, including a record of responsible fiscal conservatism, for the voters to refer to. Wozniak at this time, appears to be a political Rorschach Test.

Perhaps Wozniak will need on-the-job training like Ruffino, or is Amatura going to pinch hit for him too?
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Another dirty trick by the Dems. Michael Wozniak is the husband of the Rec. Department Secretary, Judy "Speyer" Wozniak. The woman who begrudges Dawn Gaczewski because her nephew did not get hired by the rec. department. Currently Michael and Judy's two daughters BOTH work for the town rec. department...... Enough is ENOUGH!!!! There is also a van driver and a policeman who are Speyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Saras2017 View Post
    Another dirty trick by the Dems. Michael Wozniak is the husband of the Rec. Department Secretary, Judy "Speyer" Wozniak. The woman who begrudges Dawn Gaczewski because her nephew did not get hired by the rec. department. Currently Michael and Judy's two daughters BOTH work for the town rec. department...... Enough is ENOUGH!!!! There is also a van driver and a policeman who are Speyers.
    Saras,

"Wozniak" is a rather common name in this area, so I wish to emphasize that this information may or may not be applicable to the endorsed Democrat candidate for Town Council.

However, IF MY INFORMATION APPLIES TO THE ENDORSED 2020 DEMOCRAT CANDIDATE FOR TOWN COUNCIL, I OBSERVE:

The Michael Wozniak for whom I have received information, appears to have a profile highly suggestive of a full political pedigree.

Did not a Michael Wozniak's name appear on the 2018 roster of Democrat Committeemen?

Did not a Judith Wozniak's name appear on the same 2018 roster of Democrat Committee members, and seemingly share a residence with Michael Wozniak?

Does not the Judith Wozniak referred to above hold a position with the Recreation Department?

What, if any, family relationship do the co-Democrat Committee members Michael and Judith Wozniak share?

Are they in fact married?

If in fact Michael Wozniak and Judith Wozniak are married, or hold a close family relationship, would not conflict of interest issue take effect, particularly at times when the Council is required to vote on issues and matters concerning promotions, compensation etc.?

Is this the same Michael Wozniak who was a Village of Depew Codes Enforcement Officer? If so, can anyone speak to the circumstances surrounding his departure?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 25th, 2020 at 08:13 PM.

"The ONLY candidate that is the official endorsed candidate for Lancaster Town Council by The Erie County Conservative Party is DAWN GACZEWSKI!!!"

(S) Joseph Gallo, 2nd Vice Chairman, Erie County Conservative Party!
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 25th, 2020 at 09:38 PM.

There was a Wozniak serving as Village of Depew code enforcement officer at one time. Any connection?

Wozniak

woz2.jpgwoz1.jpgwoz2.jpgwoz1.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    There was a Wozniak serving as Village of Depew code enforcement officer at one time. Any connection?
    This is the same Michael Wozniak, married to Judy Speyer Wozniak that works as an engineer for NYS Thruway and was a Code Enforcement Officer from Depew but "lost" his position..

Again,

My fellow Lancaster taxpayers, don't let the democratic machine pull the wool over your eyes again. Ruffino has only shown time and time again that the "political bosses" he claims to despise and resist against are again at their finest to appoint another political puppet which he will most definitely support, because that is what he is told to do. Wozniak will only fight to give out jobs to his friends and obviously FAMILY. Don't be foiled yet again. We already have an uphill battle throughout his 4 year term of playing "Santa Clause". Please don't make it worse. I'm sure the Dems will be out in full force, business as usual, with their fake conservative and independence candidates to try to steal the lines. That is the only way they can try to win this election. Cheating and misleading is not what residents of Lancaster deserve!

woz2.jpgwoz1.jpgwoz2.jpgwoz1.jpg
    This is the same Michael Wozniak, married to Judy Speyer Wozniak that works as an engineer for NYS Thruway and was a Code Enforcement Officer from Depew but "lost" his position..
    Thanks for the reply.

I well remember Wozniak from when I attended Village of Depew board meetings when he served as code enforcement officer. "Lost" his job you say, LMAO!

And with all those town employed Speyers, it is not difficult to conclude that patronage is alive and well in the Democratic Party.

With the exception of one administration (1992-1996) the town of Lancaster has been under Democratic Party control. It is not difficult to determine why.

As I wrote previously Gorja...

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post

Gorja, the Democrats did have a candidate from their own ranks, so why do you suppose that Michael Wozniak who appears on the 2018 roster of Democrat Committeemen...

... leave the Democrat Party to very recently join the Conservative Party, only to apparently accept the endorsement of that very same Democrat Party that he seemingly shunned?

People leave one political party and join another for many reasons.

Some may leave to follow their political souls; others may leave for reasons arising out of strong, principled disagreements.

But here in Lancaster, for at least seventeen years now, there appears to be a trending practice of many Democrats playing the "Change-Of-Registration" thingy, seemingly to acquire minor party lines not out of philosophical passion or principled protest, but out of cunning manipulation.

Buffalo News, July 31, 2003

By NIKI CERVANTES AND HAROLD MCNEIL and NIKI CERVANTES AND ANTHONY CARDINALE and NIKI CERVANTES AND BECKY OSVATH and NIKI CERVANTES AND JANE KWIATKOWSKI and LOU MICHEL AND NIKI CERVANTES and JERRY ZREMSKI AND NIKI CERVANTES and LEN DELMAR AND NIKI CERVANTES and MARY PASCIAK AND NIKI CERVANTES and NIKI CERVANTES and NIKI CERVANTES AND ELMER PLOETZ |Published Thu, Jul 31, 2003

The surprise defections to a rival political party by the wife of Lancaster's supervisor and the wife and daughter of two allies has set off a round of angry finger-pointing and accusations.

But it is not Supervisor Robert H. Giza, a Democrat, who is upset by his wife's decision to switch political allegiances.

The one feeling betrayed here is Hank Gull, the leader of the town's Independence Party -- and an unabashed Giza detractor.

Much to Gull's dismay, his party now counts Giza's wife, Carol, as one of its newer members. Joining her are Michele Montour, the wife of Councilman Mark Montour, and Danielle Ruffino, the daughter of Councilman Ronald Ruffino.

"They are infiltrators," Gull said of the women. "They were deployed on the slim chance that they might be able to do some good later on. It is very devious."

Both Giza and Ruffino denied that allegation. Montour did not return calls to comment.

"My wife isn't political," Giza said. "She just wanted to be Independence. This is America. You can join any political party you want."

Gull says the new members managed to get enough signatures to force the Independence Party's endorsed candidates into a potentially damaging primary Sept. 9.

Now Lancaster Mayor William G. Cansdale, a Republican running against Giza in the November election, will have to fight to retain the Independence Party line against Nicholas Sherwood, a Depew village trustee.

And the party's two endorsed candidates for the town board, Daniel R. Centinello and Kenneth L.O'Brien III, will run against Michael Myszka.

Both Sherwood and Myszka were leaders in the Independence Party before Gull took over. He accuses them of joining forces with the Democrats in an effort to regain control of the party.

"It's a contrivance, that's for sure," he said.

Neither Sherwood nor Myszka could be reached to comment.

After learning there would be a primary, Gull said he checked the party's registration rolls and learned that the three women had all joined in October, within 12 days of each other.

They were part of a wave of 40 new members who had joined since 2002 alone, more than two-thirds of them Democrats and 20 of whom had registered in October, according to Board of Elections records.

Giza said the timing of his wife's registration was a coincidence, and that his wife had no idea Michele Montour or Danielle Ruffino had also joined.

Cansdale -- widely considered the strongest opponent Giza has faced in years -- said he believed the family members had been sent to the Independence Party to force him into a primary.

"I think they're there to make mischief," he said.

The flap underscores the importance of the town's minor parties in the election this fall. The race for supervisor in particular is expected to be so close that either the Independence Party or Conservative Party could bring in the winner.

The Independence Party has 727 members, according to the Board of Elections, or 2.87 percent of the registered voters. The Conservative Party has 669 members, or 2.64 percent.

Overall, 41 percent of the voters in Lancaster are Democrats; 30 percent are Republicans. Almost 23 percent of the voters are unaffiliated.
    e-mail: ncervantes@buffnews.com
    Legal, sure, but it does tend to reduce the value of the votes of the true and sincerely passionate minor party faithful, and I think that stinks, just my opinion of course.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 29th, 2020 at 04:44 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information