Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Lancaster Town Council primary

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    IMHO, from "Stalker Candidates" to revisionist historians, the Democrats in recent years appear to be nothing if not backroom dealers, palace schemers, and slight-of-hands showman. In that connection, I would say that my sources accurately reflected what was actually being disseminated: Disinformation.

Indeed, it would have surprised me if the previous name overtly bandied about would have been the choice.

At this point Lee, I have only fragments of information.

Perhaps his appeal is a non-existent public service/political credential. With no trail of votes and positions, there will be no need to defend a record; no need to re-invent a personage; no baggage to unpack; no character to rehabilitate; just a blob of political clay to mold into a desirable narrative.

Tinfoil Hat Time Again:

In my opinion, this candidate may be like an onion, because the primary reason for its selection and appeal may lay under many layers.
    Both sides do it. If the opposition candidate has been in the political arena awhile, then they're labeled a career politician.
    If they have not been in the political arena, they're labeled as not having the experience.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    what are his creds that make him so appealing to the Democratic Committee that the two names bandied about for the endorsement were not considered, or why not *– especially considering I respect both individuals and felt they were well qualified for the candidacy. Oh, to have been a fly on the wall of that committee meeting.***
    As far as the former consideration I discussed in post #2, item (2), I understand that it was the decision of the Conservative Party to shun its candidacy that was the decisive factor, but that is just a rumor that I have heard.

Also, I wonder what message may have been sent when Ruffino asked to reschedule a town council meeting instead of turning the gavel over to the Deputy Supervisor?

As far as the former consideration I discussed in post #2, item (1), perhaps Mr. Ruffino's conduct during the 2019 did not sit well with the former Legislator?

Conversely, perhaps the perceived ego-driven Mr. Ruffino did not want to be upstaged by a more high profile caucus member, and perhaps there were pre-conditions or "terms" to such a political marriage, and those stipulations were unacceptable to both parties?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 25th, 2020 at 08:53 AM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Both sides do it. If the opposition candidate has been in the political arena awhile, then they're labeled a career politician.
    If they have not been in the political arena, they're labeled as not having the experience.
    I ask that you focus on this comment Ms. Gorja...

In my opinion, this candidate may be like an onion, because the primary reason for its selection and appeal may lay under many layers.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

I ask that you focus on this comment Ms. Gorja...
    Whatever you say, Mark.
    Posted by mark blazejewski:
    Also, I wonder why it was left to the very same Mayor to whom you referred in post #9, to lead the confrontation which was resultant in the weight-limit signs impacting Pleasantview, while the two stellar Pleasantview residents apparently remained silent?
    You mean this guy

Georgia L Schlager

Whatever you say, Mark.

I guess the Mayor was, and remains, actually aware of his surroundings and the concerns of his immediate neighbors, unlike the clueless Supervisor who, as with so many issues, was a day late and a dollar short in addressing the concerns of his own Pleasantview Drive-Stutzman Road neighborhood.

And speaking of the past times of our leaders, in the photo you posted, the Mayor was reading to children, but look at what the Supervisor does in his spare time...

https://www.facebook.com/10000047313...00000473135939

Working to accelerate his self-admitted deficient administrative learning curve? NOT!
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 25th, 2020 at 12:05 PM.

Late information I have is that candidate Wozniak is a registered Conservative. That is appears to be one piece of the "appeal" puzzle in place.

I wonder what other pieces will emerge?

Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 25th, 2020 at 12:06 PM.

I am hearing Wozniak has recently flipped over and became a registered Conservative. Any truth to what I have been told?

If so, I find that interesting in that:

Once again the Lancaster Democratic Party is bankrupt in quality candidates

Once again the Dems will be out to get the Conservative line using a recently converted Conservative Party member to gain traction. Clever, although devious.

It's 2019 once again.

Love being a 'blank' (forever) and pissing off all political parties in not having to toe the line.

I am hearing Wozniak has recently flipped over and became a registered Conservative. Any truth to what I have been told?
    We were writing past each other Lee. I am hearing the exact same thing.

Once again the Dems will be out to get the Conservative line using a recently converted Conservative Party member to gain traction. Clever, although devious.
    That is why it was important for the Democrats to endorse someone with a label, but without a tested and documented legislative and policy temperament, just my opinion of course.

The rather simplistic display of a party label may not give the voter any true insight into his philosophical intentions. With that said, I am entirely confident that this individual will be a reliable supporter of the Ruffino agenda, but the "Conservative" collar aside, the question that I have is why?

Chances are there is more than one Michael Wozniak in Lancaster but here's one.

The effective date just means their voting effective date not necessarily their party affiliation effective date.

Georgia L Schlager

Chances are there is more than one Michael Wozniak in Lancaster but here's one.
    Any occupational or marital status Gorja?

It is a rather common name around here, and I also know of one in Depew.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 25th, 2020 at 02:07 PM.

And look at this

Georgia L Schlager

And look at this
    Wow, I guess there are a lot of us doing that. Check out that charming couple on Newell.

So what is wrong with people switching to the conservative party?

Georgia L Schlager

Actually Gorja, after over forty years of affiliation, I don't think that I could ever affiliate Republican again. But, with both of us holding true conservative values, we feel disenfranchised in the primaries as "Blanks" and "Independents."

So, the Conservative Party is our natural home, and we are happy with our decision.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 25th, 2020 at 02:27 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information