Thread: 'Are you with me?': Andrew Accepts the Democratic Party Nomination

Tony Fracasso - Admin

'Are you with me?': Andrew Accepts the Democratic Party Nomination

'Are you with me?': Andrew Accepts the Democratic Party Nomination

Attorney General Andrew Cuomo took the stage in Rye today to accept the nomination of the New York Democratic Party. Read highlight's from his acceptance speech:

On Albany:
    "We are going to clean up Albany. We have to pass ethics reform. We need an independent redistricting commission. We need independent monitoring. We need a Constitutional Convention – a people’s convention – to rewrite the rules, and make this state a better state, a fairer state, and cleaner state, a safer state than ever before."
    Read it all

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Independent commissions? What, he is going to hire texans for those commissions?

He sounds like more of putz than Carl.

State Constitutional Convention

As long as the politicians aren't allowed to take part, I would like to see one.
    I thought gambling was illegal in NY

We don't need a constitutional convention to change the constitution - all we need is the affirmative vote of two successive legislatures and then an affirming referendum in a general election. we have amended the NYS Con that way over 100 times, including an amendment in 2008 that was approved by the voters.

The "convention" crap is a way of politicians avoiding amendments because they know a convention is unlikely to happen.

What we need is for our candidates to state on the record the specific amendments they will propose to the legislature.

But politicians lie/decieve so much......

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    We don't need a constitutional convention to change the constitution - all we need is the affirmative vote of two successive legislatures and then an affirming referendum in a general election. we have amended the NYS Con that way over 100 times, including an amendment in 2008 that was approved by the voters.

The "convention" crap is a way of politicians avoiding amendments because they know a convention is unlikely to happen.

What we need is for our candidates to state on the record the specific amendments they will propose to the legislature.
    Cut taxes, create jobs, blah blah blah.......

They say things they have NO SUPPORT for but sounds good. I'll try anything to get NY back on it's feet but to leave ANY hard decision to ANY politician is a real leap in faith for me.
    I thought gambling was illegal in NY

Thread Information