Thread: I want to save this for next election cycle

Tony Fracasso - Admin

I want to save this for next election cycle

Brian Nowak On the back of the letters, residents are notified that the assessment “does not generate more tax revenue for the town; it simply redistributes the tax burden fairly.”
    Fairly in this case means adjusting the tax burden to the going market rate of properties. Thousands of property owners received letters where they were told their assessed value would increase, but their tax bill would go down under the reassessment.

What can we do? There’s a procedure to challenge the reassessment. Home refinancing is an option. The governor of New York can stop his efforts to force more of the Medicaid costs on to Erie county (and cheektowaga) tax payers.

The town council raised spending 0.32 percent in the 2020 budget. We can continue to control costs and make long-term investments that save us money in the long run as we have done. The town can look for more cost-saving measures, as we’re doing. It’s not a comprehensive answer, but I hope this helps
    So I asked this:

Tony
    How does "refinancing" combat high taxes?
    "Cost Savings measures" So how are labor contract negotiations coming along?
    Let's resolve the issue of why we have high property taxes in the first place.

Brian Nowak Tony the refinancing addresses affordability, not high taxes. It helps lower housing costs. Labor negotiations are ongoing, Facebook is no place to work through those. The tax issue is complex, but new projects like big ditch will help grow the value of commercial property to take tax burden off the residential side.
    Instead of fix the actual ISSUE we have a someone on the town board who just wants to shift the burden to other property owners.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    So I asked this:

Instead of fix the actual ISSUE we have a someone on the town board who just wants to shift the burden to other property owners.
    What do you expect from a Bernie supporter.

I bet big ditch gets big tax breaks from the ECIDA and that will throw Brian Nowak's plan out the window.

Either way spending MUST be reduced in order to lower taxes in Cheektowaga and the town board has shown year after year, they are not interested in making those big spending reductions that would give us some property tax relief, they just continue to spend and ignore most of the CBAC's recommendations. They only cut about 20% of the dollar amounts we recommend be cut.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post

I bet big ditch gets big tax breaks from the ECIDA and that will throw Brian Nowak's plan out the window.

Here's the thing.

FIX THE CAUSE of the high taxes. Just like businesses do when cost are out of control and detrimental to the business.

And they are cutting stuff where in all honestly the cost of the items are not increasing year after year. Correct.

What are some examples of items that were cut last round?

Thread Information