Thread: Patronage????

Patronage????

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Is there a salary with positions like this?

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Nah, I think, but don't know for sure, that Tyler Sojka is a Democrat.

Ergo, if Leary and Dickman support him, the young man will have won bi-partisan acclaim; a rarity now days.

But who knows? He could get the Terranova treatment from Ruffino.

In any event, if I recall correctly, you endorsed Mr. Sojka for ZBA membership in 2017 because of his credentials and qualifications.

In fact, the only dissenter on the 2017 Town Council as I recall was Ron Ruffino, who after a spring, 2017 slight-of-hands fandango concerning a possible Lemaster appointment, was intent on naming two individuals whose experience was limited to the Real Estate world after the November elections.

Do I have all of that right Gorja?

I further understand Mr. Sojka's qualifications to have been highly enhanced during his tenure on the ZBA.

Also, I am curious about the feelings of Sojka's fellow ZBA members. Any insight into their perceptions of Mr. Sojka?

If you have a candidate for that $1, 800 a year patronage plumb, whose knowledge, experience, and ZBA service credentials exceed Mr. Sojka's, kindly enlighten the readers with its name and curriculum vitae.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 7th, 2020 at 04:30 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

You're funny, Mark. The dear old Conservative Dawn Gaczewski never once proposed appointing Mrs Lemaster to the Zoning board.
    Jill Monacelli who has been on the zoning board since 2013 had requested to be nominated to the position. I've seen no communication from Sojka indicating his interest.

I never endorsed Mr Sojka as Zoning board chairman.

Georgia L Schlager

Democrat. Republican or ****ocrat, it doesn't matter, he's Leary's chairman's son

Georgia L Schlager

Democrat. Republican or ****ocrat, it doesn't matter, he's Leary's chairman's son
    Speaking about relatives of Town Chairman, how many Deputy Supervisors does Lancaster need?

We got MRS.McCracken, Planning Board member and Deputy Supervisor, and The Prince of Broadway, Amatura who acts more like a Regent??
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Speaking about relatives of Town Chairman, how many Deputy Supervisors does Lancaster need?

We got MRS.McCracken, Planning Board member and Deputy Supervisor, and The Prince of Broadway, Amatura who acts more like a Regent??
    THat's an at-will position not a board approved position

Georgia L Schlager

THat's an at-will position not a board approved position
    That does not answer my question, how many functioning Deputy Supervisor's does Lancaster need?

I am not going to play the partisan game here Gorja. We can burn-out this thread doing that. So, let me take your concerns, your legitimate concerns, one at a time.

Jill Monacelli who has been on the zoning board since 2013 had requested to be nominated to the position.
    Without intending to write ill of Ms. Monacelli, and I am not, once again, you seemingly are extolling the thin virtues of an exclusive measure of time to the apparent exclusion of the broad, substantive world of cumulative qualifications.

I have heard that time element presentation before, ya know, from the Supervisor with 18 years of Town Board experience who needs a "Visiting Angel" to run a Work Session.

But seriously Gorja, from what I know of Mr. Sojka, he has an in depth knowledge of urban studies; an ongoing eagerness to absorb all aspects of Lancaster unique residential culture; a heart embedded in Lancaster's proud past, which with a combined with a first-rate, professionally trained mind, which holds an impressive vision for Lancaster's future.

All and all, a very unique young man in these troubled times, when so many are eager to disregard the past.

I've seen no communication from Sojka indicating his interest.
    I understand from a number of sources that Mr. Tyler was approached by fellow ZBA members to assume the Chairmanship.

I further understand that since the Town Council for some reason was deadlocked on Mr. Tyler's appointment, it decided to accept the recommendation from the ZBA membership.

I am told Mr. Sojka was the membership's choice.

I never endorsed Mr Sojka as Zoning board chairman.
    I never wrote that you did...

In any event, if I recall correctly, you endorsed Mr. Sojka for ZBA membership in 2017 because of his credentials and qualifications.
    Now, how about that opposition resume?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 7th, 2020 at 05:59 PM.

Whatever you say Mark. I just can't fight the fight anymore. I'm just tired. Working, working, working.
    I get a day off and had to shovel twice already. No rest for this wicked woman. Since I don't hear Breezy's voice backing me up anymore and taking some of the heat, you and Lee can do your thing without opposition.

Besides that, I haven't bowled in 27 years and I signed up for an Alzheimer's bowling fundraiser. I need to get some practice in.

After my respite, I'll be back

Georgia L Schlager

Whatever you say Mark. I just can't fight the fight anymore. I'm just tired. Working, working, working.
    I get a day off and had to shovel twice already. No rest for this wicked woman. Since I don't hear Breezy's voice backing me up anymore and taking some of the heat, you and Lee can do your thing without opposition.

Besides that, I haven't bowled in 27 years and I signed up for an Alzheimer's bowling fundraiser. I need to get some practice in.

After my respite, I'll be back
    Ah it is never fighting with you Gorja, just some principled back and forth.

You recall correctly.

Yes, Mrs Lemaster and Tyler Sojka will would be my choice, as well.

Appointing the real estate experienced candidates to the ZBA would be akin to appointing a developer to that position, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    You recall correctly.
    Thanks Neubs.

I do not want to convey that I harbor negative feelings about Ms. Monacelli, but to singularly focus on the length of service to the exclusion of a cumulative resume is narrowly superficial.

Not entirely applicable, but in this case, one could possibly apply the idiom "Stepping Over Dollars To Save Pennies."
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 9th, 2020 at 03:16 PM.

Thread Information