Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recreation Filing Fees and Fund use

That's about 60% of wiring, so you're well ahead of the curve.

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    That's about 60% of wiring, so you're well ahead of the curve.
    Thanks, but I always turn the breaker off not like my dad who didn't. Not comfortable enough.

Georgia L Schlager

Mark, the only person to speak at the meeting was a repeat
    performance by Sojka's father-in-law again.
    The man feels that Amatura as overseer of the parks department should be handling a paint brush.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Mark, the only person to speak at the meeting was a repeat
    performance by Sojka's father-in-law again.
    The man feels that Amatura as overseer of the parks department should be handling a paint brush.
    Your term "performance" is rather interesting; a curious comment by a supporter of a candidate who this past fall wrote...

"It is time our town is tuned into the 21st Century and the concerns of our residents."
    How on Earth is the town going to be "tuned into...the concerns of our residents" if the residents remain silent?

Did your candidate mean those words or was it just more claptrap from the "Great Ruffino?"

Bear in mind, for at least now, this is not a dictatorship with controlled messages to, and scripted feedback from, an oppressed population.

As to your specific comment, and without regard to a family roll call, a Lancaster native, I understand, and a war veteran, who chose to come back home to Lancaster to spend his remaining years, in my opinion, speaks to his love for, and devotion to, his hometown.

Just my opinion, but it seems to me that the gentleman has every right in the world to express his opinion.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Your term "performance" is rather interesting; a curious comment by a supporter of a candidate who this past fall wrote...

How on Earth is the town going to be "tuned into...the concerns of our residents" if the residents remain silent?

Did your candidate mean those words or was it just more claptrap from the "Great Ruffino?"

Bear in mind, for at least now, this is not a dictatorship with controlled messages to, and scripted feedback from, an oppressed population.

As to your specific comment, and without regard to a family roll call, a Lancaster native, I understand, and a war veteran, who chose to come back home to Lancaster to spend his remaining years, in my opinion, speaks to his love for, and devotion to, his hometown.

Just my opinion, but it seems to me that the gentleman has every right in the world to express his opinion.
    Yes sir, he does have a right to express his opinion.
    At the last meeting, he turned around and mumbled to me something like - now you'll see the show.
    So if he was going to put on a show at the last meeting, I would call it a performance. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Yes sir, he does have a right to express his opinion.
    At the last meeting, he turned around and mumbled to me something like - now you'll see the show.
    So if he was going to put on a show at the last meeting, I would call it a performance. Of course, that's just my opinion.
    Perhaps he was referring to one of Ruffino's great dramatic moments?

Ruffino in my opinion is a great show, dances signs, and even has played the disingenuous version of the Jefferson Smith character. You know, like a follow-up performance to a "slick" mailer which proposed budget cuts, only after he missed the legal deadline for budget amendments.

Now, after all the curtain calls for his performance tonight, on to Act I, Scene Three of "Supervisor In Hades."
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

As someone who used to question the town board extensively for clarification on resolutions and commented regularly on government operation, I relish having others do likewise. As residents and taxpaying stakeholders it is our right to be involved in town government and should expect our town government to answer all concerns with integrity and credibility.

Back to the thread focus – recreational filing fees and use

At the previous meeting, a resident questioned Supervisor Ruffino for clarification on Recreational Filing Fees and their use.

That same resident was before the board Monday evening to ask whether Ruffino had any information for him. Supervisor did research and informed the resident that:

• There is currently $841,000 in the fund but that some of the money is earmarked for ongoing projects.

(We have learned from Parks crew chief Barbaro's communication that $426,780 is earmarked for ongoing projects and that the fund balance would be $414,262)

Ruffino then informed the resident that New York Town Law requires municipalities to exclusively use the money for:

• parks, playgrounds (including purchase of property)*

• upgrades to existing parks (new diamonds, playgrounds, equipment)

• the money cannot be used to operate the parks

* I had been incorrectly informed that the Filing Fee fund could not be used to purchase property.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information