Thread: Chaos in the Buffalo schools

Chaos in the Buffalo schools

The shoe sign rag treated us to an article on the problem of student anarchy in the Buffalo public schools. Well now, there’s a surprise! As usual Rumore wants more staff to add to his bloated union membership. In response, Superintendent Cash (aptly named given the money pit he supervises) said that 90% of their students suffer from trauma, depression and anxiety. No surprise there. I, too, would be traumatized, depressed and anxious if I had to go to the Buffalo schools.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    The shoe sign rag treated us to an article on the problem of student anarchy in the Buffalo public schools. Well now, there’s a surprise! As usual Rumore wants more staff to add to his bloated union membership. In response, Superintendent Cash (aptly named given the money pit he supervises) said that 90% of their students suffer from trauma, depression and anxiety. No surprise there. I, too, would be traumatized, depressed and anxious if I had to go to the Buffalo schools.
    KNOW ANY Buffalo School TEACHERS??? The situation is worse than you might think...Principals sweeping problem students under the rug...too minimize suspension rates...sending problem/disruptive students back to the very same room,,,More counselors are requested...not to teach...but to counsel and deal with the those very students who are causing the disruption, and preventing other stuedents learning...BECAUSE the teacher is too busy dealing with the problem student...AND then teachers take the blame because their effectiveness is diminished.. TOO BAD..YOU couldnt spend a typical day in a Bflo Public school!!

I do know some and the situation is far worse than the article lets on. That’s why I referred to it as chaos. I have a friend whose wife taught in the Buffalo schools and he suggested that to send one's kids to school there might constitute a form of child neglect.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    But if you increase the salaries of every school employee it will help the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    But if you increase the salaries of every school employee it will help the situation.
    Honestly...salary increase will not solve the problem of the behavior of the students who disrupt those wanting to learn, or assault teachers and other fellow classmates...but would possibly stem the flow of good experienced dedicate teachers who must daily put up with the frustration and mental anguish they experience trying to to a good job for those who want to learn!

Thread Information