mark blazejewski;2038096]
From what I understand, there are many people who are firmly against such a project, because it may add to the traffic issues on Genesee.

With that said, can you amplify on this comment?

Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec
Really? I don’t remember it quite that way.
Also, please straighten me out Lee, because I am uncertain how can this happen...

"...we’re basically doing an analysis of it right now and we were given confirmation,"
...before these steps have been completed?

Ruffino said...Traffic and environmental studies would likely determine many of the design aspects and they have not been conducted yet.

The concept of a north-south corridor road connecting from Bowen Road and Broadway to the thruway to mitigate congested town traffic was first ‘pitched’ over 20 years ago – and went nowhere because of cost and corruption.

The concept to connect Gunville Road to the Thruway to primarily alleviate truck traffic on the northside of Lancaster has merit and has not been ‘pitched’ by Ruffino alone.

What triggered this report and who the ‘other elected officials’ are ‘dusting off old plans’ to now service eastern suburbs is intriguing. Suddenly there is this vast pool of taxpayer money available to make a project of such immensity possible. This hardship was self-created

Analysis = talk. Studies = long into the future, if ever at all.

With those immense tasks in mind 2 On Your Side's Rob Hackford asked Ruffino, "Do you think this project could actually become reality?"

Ruffino responded, "You always have to think there’s a strong chance otherwise I would not be standing here talking to you. I will do what i have to do to push for this and do what I have to do as we go down the road."

As I posted earlier: ‘Excellent PR’!