Thread: Fantasy Island Grand Island New York

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Fantasy Island Grand Island New York

Fantasy Island Grand Island New York

Fantasy Island Grand Island

Anyone have an idea what year this can be?

White 1963 Chevy parked on left...so it would have to be after that.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Thank you...

I have more slides scanned in and will post them over the weekend.

A few of the photos show very young trees. I wonder how many are still there.

Fantasy Island opened in July 1961 and went bankrupt in 1982. It was acquired out of bankruptcy by Charles Wood the original owner of Storytown USA. Wood sold the park to International Broadcasting Corporation (IBC) in 1989 and later re-acquired the park in 1992 when IBC went bankrupt. In his second stint of ownership, Wood changed the park's name to Two Flags Over Niagara Fun Park, a name it kept until 1994 when local businessman Martin DiPietro purchased the park and redubbed it Martin's Fantasy Island. This name remained until the end of the 2016 season.

On May 14, 2016, the day the park opened for its 56th season, DiPietro announced that Fantasy Island had been sold to Apex Parks Group, a California-based company.[1] The park's name reverted to Fantasy Island after the 2016 season concluded.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantas...musement_park)

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I haven't been to Fantasy Island in ages.

Fantasy Island Grand Island NY

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I wonder how many trains they have gone through.

http://fantasyislandny.com/attractions

If they’re like NFTA it takes 5 years and about 1/2 million $$ to get one rehabilitated. It’s one of the great largely ignored financial scandals unreported by the local media.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Fantasy Island confirms it has closed

The ride has stopped at Fantasy Island.

The theme park posted a graphic to its website homepage Wednesday afternoon that read "Permanently closed."

The park's owner, California-based Apex Parks Group, has not addressed whether it will refund season pass holders. The company directed those with questions to FantasyIslandNY.com, but that page was inaccessible much of Wednesday afternoon. When users did get through, they were met with a contact form.

Grand Island Town Supervisor John Whitney said he is "greatly disappointed" by Apex's decision to close the park and will look to the state and county for help finding a new buyer.
    https://buffalonews.com/2020/02/19/f...O1qu-K-E0wb8_Y

This doesn't bother me as much as when Crystal beach closing.

You are correct...Crystal Beach was part of everyone's life when they were young..it was something that many looked forward to, especially when they had Crystal Beach Days in various neighborhoods in the city...it mady many of my summers!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Life has changed. Kids including many adults are addicted to their cell phones or computer games.

I'm attached to my cell phone because I monitor server equipment but I'm not using it like many people do. I had a client in here Monday that literally didn't stop texting on his phone while we were going over his computer issues. Back of my head I'm thinking what the hell is so important that you can't just can't put the phone down for 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Life has changed. Kids including many adults are addicted to their cell phones or computer games.

I'm attached to my cell phone because I monitor server equipment but I'm not using it like many people do. I had a client in here Monday that literally didn't stop texting on his phone while we were going over his computer issues. Back of my head I'm thinking what the hell is so important that you can't just can't put the phone down for 10 minutes.
    I don't usually don't use my cell phone to communicate with people. I use it to communicate with things in my house

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I haven't been to Fantasy Island in ages.

Neither has anyone else apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I don't usually don't use my cell phone to communicate with people. I use it to communicate with things in my house
    The things in my house communicate with me. I can’t make them stop and the pills don’t help any longer. I’m not sure how much longer I can stand it. It’s Trump; he won’t leave me alone. He’s made me almost as crazy as he’s made Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff and that crowd.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Neither has anyone else apparently.
    That photo was from the 60's or 70's

Thread Information