Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2020 Town of Lancaster Organizational Meeting

Just one additional comment about this January 6, 2020 meeting.

It seems as though Mr. Ruffino, the "most qualified and experienced candidate for Supervisor," who during the campaign touted eighteen years of Council experience, seemingly does not know or understand the basic mandates of the Master Plan.

Resident Greg Sojka's question to the Supervisor was clear and exact...

"Specifically, I wish to address the approximately 150 acres of land, which per the Master Plan, has been designated for recreational development. To date, there has been very little if any, movement toward such development...

You have been a member of this Board for over 18 years, and during the campaign represented yourself as "the most qualified and experienced" candidate for Supervisor. Therefore, you must have some rather detailed ideas in mind as to the disposition of that land as per Master Plan.

Without pressing you for minutia, can you share with us tonight, at least your general vision for that development; what immediate steps will be, or already have been taken to begin the implementation of any such plan; and the time frame that you envision to bring all aspects of this issue to closure, including replacements for Mr. Everett and Mr. Rinno?

So, why did Supervisor Ruffino, again "the most qualified and experienced candidate for Supervisor," stubbornly seem, at least to me, to avoid substantively answering the specific question a regarding a specific Master Plan requirement, and faithfully cling to a narrative about a speculative musing not provided for in the Master Plan?

Your attention is directed to 44:00-48:00 on the audio recording of the 2020-01-07 TBM

https://soundcloud.com/user-329292372

As I understood the recording, it seems to me that Supervisor Ruffino, in addition to perhaps deflecting the reference to the Rec Commission's personnel matters, may have either been attempting to twist his unsought answer(s) into an opportunity to cast himself in a rather contrived favorable light , or perhaps the "most qualified and experienced" Supervisor was truly clueless as to the substance of the Master Plan?

Hell, Ruffino sure knows about the pay scales of town personnel and Supervisor's of other towns for reasons of his personal profit, but he seems to come up short in a knowledge set when it comes to issues concerning the needs of the people of Lancaster, just my opinion of course.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 9th, 2020 at 01:15 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

I was very pleased to see the good working rapport between the town clerk and the new supervisor.
    They do work well together

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I was very pleased to see the good working rapport between the town clerk and the new supervisor.
    They do work well together
    Great!

WOW, I am guessing that those "deficiencies in there" that Ruffino referred to, have been swiftly and satisfactorily addressed, am I correct?

BTW, what were those "deficiencies?"

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 9th, 2020 at 07:12 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

At this meeting, Highway Superintendent Amatura wa questioned regarding his stipend for overseeing the parks department.
    The following letter from the Highway Superintendent is in this week's communications.

Georgia L Schlager

While I appreciate all the work the highway dept has done for the rec dept, the letter really didn't address the question, IMO.

Couldn't the police produce a similar letter pointing out all the times it helped the DCO, Clerks office, Rec Dept, Highway Dept etc? Each department is not an island and in the same spirit of inter-municipal cooperation with the villages, inter-departmental workings within the town should be the norm.

So the question remains: Does the Rec Dept need continued oversight?

Just my $0.02

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MaddMatt View Post
    Each department is not an island and in the same spirit of inter-municipal cooperation with the villages, inter-departmental workings within the town should be the norm.
    The Superintendent's correspondence posted above is like reading a restaurant tab reflecting an A la carte feast.

As to your highlighted comments Matt, "Spot On!" there young feller!
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 3rd, 2020 at 11:56 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information