Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Town of Lancaster Organizational Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I did a little timeline of the budget officer and Dir of Fiance from 1976 - 2020.
    It probably won't mean anything to anyone but it kept from filling my face for a couple hours.

A little inside info Gorja?

If so, who is the third vote that transform this line from fancy into reality?

(Sorry, but this system is only producing a tiny attachment. Click the microscopic "thumbnail" below.)

Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 5th, 2020 at 09:43 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Ooops! Sorry, before that line I should have put a statement indicating that
    that was a proposal.

Georgia L Schlager

Ooops! Sorry, before that line I should have put a statement indicating that
    that was a proposal.
    Ah, a just proposal, eh? For all the reasons stated by this individual in other posts, the request should be denied.

Is Mr. fiscal responsibility also going back to the Giza days and asking for a personal town vehicle as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Is Mr. fiscal responsibility also going back to the Giza days and asking for a personal town vehicle as well?
    A town vehicle for Ruffino?

For all of the help he gave him, Ruffino should be transporting Amatura to and from the High Department piggy-back everyday, and on weekends, park cars pro bono at his eatery.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 6th, 2020 at 04:30 AM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Originally posted by mark blazejewski:
    So, based on the posted letter, am I to understand that meetings with department heads are not part and parcel of the Supervisor's "routine" duties/responsibilities, and that perhaps Fudoli and Coleman used the time, otherwise expended in such meetings, fiddling with gadgets?
    I heard from a department head weeks ago that Coleman never held any department head meetings during her term as supervisor

Georgia L Schlager

I heard from a department head weeks ago that Coleman never held any department head meetings during her term as supervisor
    Gorja, the day any elected CEO wants to be paid an extra a stipend for the expected discharge of its duties, is the day that the CEO needs to resign, seek other employment, or take on a part time job, like busing tables at a restaurant on Fish Fry Fridays.

Ruffino has been on the Council for 18 years and knows full well what the job is all about and what it pays.

My opinion, since Ruffino campaigned as a fiscal conservative and "BSed" just enough Conservative Primary voters into believing that, if he wanted additional perks and pay, he should have told the voters of his needs and intentions, harmonized them with his touted so-called conservatism, and campaigned accordingly.

Originally posted by mark blazejewski:
    My opinion, since Ruffino campaigned as a fiscal conservative and "BSed" just enough Conservative Primary voters into believing that, if he wanted additional perks and pay, he should have told the voters of his needs and intentions, harmonized them with his touted so-called conservatism, and campaigned accordingly.
    The Conservative leadership told the Conservative voters that ROn Giza would be replacing Barbaro as crew chief. Blah blah blah

Georgia L Schlager

The Conservative leadership told the Conservative voters that ROn Giza would be replacing Barbaro as crew chief. Blah blah blah
    I don't know with certainty what the Conservative leadership may or may not have said in the so-called matter you allege above, but if such words were actually spoken by the Conservative leadership, perhaps those comments well-served Lancaster in that they may have preemptively exposed a contemplated action which, if realized, would have served the interests of party patronage; hardly an action which would lend support to the claim by the 2019 Democrat candidate for Supervisor, that strongly held that he was "not controlled by party bosses," just my opinion of course.

Moreover, bear in mind that Lancaster's fiscally conservative pioneer has already seemingly advocated for the interests of his personal profit and the perceived patronage interests of the party bosses that he purportedly detests so much, I certainly would not discount the possibility that such a rumor regarding the person you referred to in the bracketed quote, was circulated by Democrat operatives as either an accurate leak of now-unfulfilled intention, or perhaps as a deliberate dissemination of disinformation. Perhaps the Conservative Party leadership was with merely reacting to those comments, eh?

Ah, those pesky possible misstatements and misrepresentations, ya know, perhaps kind of like your illustration in post #61 of this thread?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 6th, 2020 at 06:18 PM.

I was surprised and troubled that Supervisor Ruffino put what I consider to be a self-enriching stipend for the Supervisor relating to "budget duties" on the January 6, 2020 agenda.

I am now getting unconfirmed reports that the stipend was denied.

Supervisor Ruffino as well as Council Members Mazur and Leary were all elected on a platform of conservative fiscal management. In that connection, the requested self-enriching stipend money would be better applied to areas serving the greater public interest, or perhaps to more equitably compensate those who are rightly and substantively considered to be under paid.

Therefore, if these reports are true, I commend the Board for its action.

It is past time that elected officials are held to their campaign promises, and that applied governance honor campaign rhetoric.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 6th, 2020 at 09:01 PM.

With R.G. heading the Conservative party - and possibly the parks department - then throw in the return of D.M. - its like the "Sons of Dem Patronage" have returned to full control !

Lets say our current elected Supervisor make 2 more years - he like Coleman can then take his tax funded pension. Yes- he too can then cash out at the Bank - collect full Supervisors pay - and pay out from the Bank.

Then if he's re-elected he can retire from the Town - come back after that years Christmas break - start collecting a pension/benefits from the Bank. Then start to collect his Town tax funded retirement and keep working.

So Stempunk set the double dip bar - Coldman broke her record for double dip - now Ruffino is on the verge of beating them all.

The #DemParty musical chairs familial and party patronage circle is closing again.
    Last edited by 4248; January 6th, 2020 at 10:16 PM. Reason: DNC, patronage, nepotism, party favors
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    With R.G. heading the Conservative party - and possibly the parks department - then throw in the return of D.M. - its like the "Sons of Dem Patronage" have returned to full control !

Lets say our current elected Supervisor make 2 more years - he like Coleman can then take his tax funded pension. Yes- he too can then cash out at the Bank - collect full Supervisors pay - and pay out from the Bank.

Then if he's re-elected he can retire from the Town - come back after that years Christmas break - start collecting a pension/benefits from the Bank. Then start to collect his Town tax funded retirement and keep working.

So Stempunk set the double dip bar - Coldman broke her record for double dip - now Ruffino is on the verge of beating them all.

The #DemParty musical chairs familial and party patronage circle is closing again.
    R.G. heading the Conservative Party??????

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    I was surprised and troubled that Supervisor Ruffino put what I consider to be a self-enriching stipend for the Supervisor relating to "budget duties" on the January 6, 2020 agenda.

I am now getting unconfirmed reports that the stipend was denied.

Supervisor Ruffino as well as Council Members Mazur and Leary were all elected on a platform of conservative fiscal management. In that connection, the requested self-enriching stipend money would be better applied to areas serving the greater public interest, or perhaps to more equitably compensate those who are rightly and substantively considered to be under paid.

Therefore, if these reports are true, I commend the Board for its action.

It is past time that elected officials are held to their campaign promises, and that applied governance honor campaign rhetoric.
    Listening to a work session recording, despite Ruffino's informing the board members that he would be one of the lowest paid town supervisors in Western New York, where the budgeted salary has been reduced and the Budget Officer stipend removed in the 2020 budget, the board members requested the removal of the stipend from the resolution.

A heated discussion ensued regarding resolution #5 - HIGHWAY ADMINISTRATION: Highway Superintendent (Parks & Rec. Oversight) (Amatura) $5,202. A board member requested clarification on what oversight services Amatura provided to justify the stipend allocation. Amatura presented a litany of labor, equipment, storage and other services he and his department provided to the Parks & Recreation Department operation. The discussion quickly ended.

I understand the resolution to set the PARKS, RECREATION, FORESTRY, AND BUILDINGS Crew Chief (Barbaro) at $33.52 per hour was not approved as a 2-2 vote was cast (Ruffino and Mazur voting ‘no’, Leary and Dickman ‘yes’). The salary reverts to the previous year's. No raise.

After much discussion at the work session, it appeared the board was going to approve regular meeting resolution (#10) the four-year leave of absence agreement negotiated with the White-Collar union for Ruffino's personal secretary (Cynthia Maciejewski). The agreement can be revisited next year.

SMH, speaking of personnel being truly underpaid...

I understand the resolution to set the PARKS, RECREATION, FORESTRY, AND BUILDINGS Crew Chief (Barbaro) at $33.52 per hour was not approved as a 2-2 vote was cast (Ruffino and Mazur voting ‘no’, Leary and Dickman ‘yes’). The salary reverts to the previous year's. No raise.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post

Just to point out in case some people don't understand how this works...

It was explained to me that if someone starts to collect their retirement and then continues working, the town no longer pays into their retirement.

In the case of the previous Supervisor, she would have cost the taxpayers more money by not retiring as town clerk as the town would have had to continue the retirement contribution for four additional years.

In this particular case of the current Supervisor, I'm not sure how it would work. If he "retired" premature to his term ending, I would assume that the board could vote on a replacement since he is not moving into a new position and retirement would align with resigning. Had he retired as councilman at the end of 2019, he might have been able to pull this off.

Matt

Ah, hypocrisy in politics and the wisdom of Reagan is alive and and well in the Ruffino administration...

"The game in Washington is don't cut you... and don't cut me, cut that fellow behind the tree.''---Ronald Reagan, October 15, 1985

"Don't cut you..."

A heated discussion ensued regarding resolution #5 - HIGHWAY ADMINISTRATION: Highway Superintendent (Parks & Rec. Oversight) (Amatura) $5,202. A board member requested clarification on what oversight services Amatura provided to justify the stipend allocation. Amatura presented a litany of labor, equipment, storage and other services he and his department provided to the Parks & Recreation Department operation. The discussion quickly ended.
    "...and don't cut me..."

Supervisor
    Ruffino (Budget Officer) $5,000
    Stipend was not approved in the 2020 budget

"...cut that fellow behind the tree...''

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 7th, 2020 at 12:20 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information