Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Town of Lancaster Organizational Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I'm betting on the conservative Ruffino. I'm hoping Leary will be too.
    Mazur, I don't have a clue. Dickman has been voting the liberal route.
    Time will tell Gorja, but I hope that you are right.

There will be a lot of angry Conservative Party voters if he does not honor his touted, but rather dicey, "conservative conversion." In the event that he reverts to his rubber stamp liberalism, which appears to have been his role during the Giza years, I dare say that those same Conservative voters will express their anger in 2020 election to fill the vacant Council seat.

Or, will the Lancaster Conservative and Independence Primary voters be subjected once again to deception, dirty tricks, and "stalker" candidates?
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Time will tell Gorja, but I hope that you are right.

There will be a lot of angry Conservative Party voters if he does not honor his touted, but rather dicey, "conservative conversion." In the event that he reverts to his rubber stamp liberalism, which appears to have been his role during the Giza years, I dare say that those same Conservative voters will express their anger in 2020 election to fill the vacant Council seat.
    And I wouldn't blame them if they did. I was so happy that they realized that the endorsed conservative candidate voted unconservatively
    So they do deserve a supervisor who votes in the conservative spirit. If it doesn't happen, they should make their statement in the 2020 election for the vacant seat.

We can agree on some things, Mark

Georgia L Schlager

And I wouldn't blame them if they did. I was so happy that they realized that the endorsed conservative candidate voted unconservatively
    So they do deserve a supervisor who votes in the conservative spirit. If it doesn't happen, they should make their statement in the 2020 election for the vacant seat.

We can agree on some things, Mark
    Oh, we have agreed on many things over the years Gorja, and hope to find common ground in the future.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Oh, we have agreed on many things over the years Gorja, and hope to find common ground in the future.
    Merry Christmas to you and your better half!!!!!!

Georgia L Schlager

Merry Christmas to you and your better half!!!!!!
    Well, a Merry Christmas to you, your gang, and Tipper Gorja.

At the year's end, it is still hard to believe that our Dalmatian is not with us, but he is celebrating with us from a far better place.

Well, a Merry Christmas to you, your gang, and Tipper Gorja.

At the year's end, it is still hard to believe that our Dalmatian is not with us, but he is celebrating with us from a far better place.
    I'm dreading that day to come

Georgia L Schlager

I'm dreading that day to come

Yes, a valued and very thoughtful friend of mine sent me that some time ago. It is says it beautifully.

Well, one week from now the 2020 Lancaster Organizational meeting takes place and we will officially know where all the pieces fit.

We do know that the winning 2020 elected candidates have been sworn in and will officially on the job January 1, 2020.

We know that Dave Brown, Director of Administration has been replaced. It appears Brown will be replaced by an individual formerly holding the same position in the Town of Clarence; and who had also been replaced by an incoming administration.

Cindy Maciejewski, current Building Department Secretary and a recent unsuccessful candidate for Town Clerk, has been appointed as Personal Secretary by newly elected Supervisor Ron Ruffino. Ruffino has appointed Planning Board member Kristin McCracken (recent unsuccessful candidate for Town Board) as the Town’s Deputy Supervisor.

It appears the town council seat vacated by Ronald Ruffino will remain open for the time being. If that does happen a 2 Republican, 2 Democrat board make up could result in contentious meetings. It would be an appropriate time to move the ancillary chamber pre-meeting work sessions to the regular meeting board room. I often found that what was discussed at this work session was equally relative / important to that of the regular meeting. Transparency? Indeed!

All other town appointed positions will be filled by Town Board member consensus. Ah, to be the proverbial fly on the wall when those appointments are doled out.

Kudos to supervisor elect Ruffino for appearing at the Republican Party swearing in ceremony this past Saturday. It is unfortunate his Party’s Chair and co-Chair were not in attendance. In fact, not even in attendance for Democrat Dianne Terranova’s swearing in ceremony. Then again, it was a fitting end for an election year beset with disinformation, double-dealing, deceit and outright dishonesty.

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    We know that Dave Brown, Director of Administration has been replaced. It appears Brown will be replaced by an individual formerly holding the same position in the Town of Clarence; and who had also been replaced by an incoming administration.
    I guess that's not a patronage appointment as was inferred by some.
    Yes, and Clarence has had an aa1 bond rating for years
    Apparently, this is an experienced and qualified candidate.
    If this is true and not a rumor, GREAT job supervisor-elect Ruffino

Georgia L Schlager

But the Deputy Supervisor is definitely a patronage appointment. Not that the position is all that influential.

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    But the Deputy Supervisor is definitely a patronage appointment. Not that the position is all that influential.
    It's not influential at all. Can't vote.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    It his right Neubs, but it is the voter's right to assess his assertion of that privilege against his campaign statement that he is not "controlled by party bosses."

It comes down to rhetoric vs reality, IMHO.

Thankfully it turned out not to be a patronage job. That does not indicate such rumor did not have validity considering Brown reached out to Ruffino and never got so much as a returned phone call or email. I still have to question who found disfavor with Brown and reason why – Ruffino or the Democratic Party Chair or co-Chair?

What does Clarence’s bond rating have to do with their Director of Administration & Finance?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post

Cindy Maciejewski, current Building Department Secretary and a recent unsuccessful candidate for Town Clerk, has been appointed as Personal Secretary by newly elected Supervisor Ron Ruffino. Ruffino has appointed Planning Board member Kristin McCracken (recent unsuccessful candidate for Town Board) as the Town’s Deputy Supervisor.

Then again, it was a fitting end for an election year beset with disinformation, double-dealing, deceit and outright dishonesty.
    Indeed, 2019 was a bitter campaign year.

Let us all hope that the hard fought, direction-changing campaign of 2019 results in a 2020 common effort to work in the best interests of Lancaster.

To end this year, my thanks to my former neighbor Johanna Metz Coleman who gave so many precious years of her life to public service. I also thank Council Members Walter and Gaczewski for their dedicated efforts.

My best wishes to Diane Terranova for her new term of service.

Most urgently, my best wishes and God's Speed to Supervisor Ruffino and every appointed member of administration; to Council Member Mazur and Council Member Leary; and of course, my continued best wishes to Council Member Dickman.

Happy New Year All.

Indeed, 2019 was a bitter campaign year.

Let us all hope that the hard fought, direction-changing campaign of 2019 results in a 2020 common effort to work in the best interests of Lancaster.

To end this year, my thanks to my former neighbor Johanna Metz Coleman who gave so many precious years of her life to public service. I also thank Council Members Walter and Gaczewski for their dedicated efforts.

My best wishes to Diane Terranova for her new term of service.

Most urgently, my best wishes and God's Speed to Supervisor Ruffino and every appointed member of administration; to Council Member Mazur and Council Member Leary; and of course, my continued best wishes to Council Member Dickman.

Happy New Year All.
    I agree Mark. Thankful for the service of those who are gone and best of luck to Diane Terranova in her re-elected position and Mr Leary, Mr Mazur and Mr Ruffino in their newly elected roles.
    Best of luck to the senior councilman Dickman

Georgia L Schlager

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information