Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama to Send NG Troops to Mexico Border

Obama to Send NG Troops to Mexico Border

wow is obumer cracking under the presure? but also wants $500mil

Ap...President Obama has authorized the call-up of as many as 1,200 National Guard troops across the U.S. border with Mexico to assist with border protection and enforcement activities there.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...ACfGwD9FU2GG00
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

This is just political posturing on Obama's part. Adding National Guard troops will do NOTHING for the 12 million illegals already in this country. He's just trying to distract people before he rolls out his amnesty program (handing out free citizenships for illegal aliens aka new democratic voters).

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan2009 View Post
    This is just political posturing on Obama's part. Adding National Guard troops will do NOTHING for the 12 million illegals already in this country. He's just trying to distract people before he rolls out his amnesty program (handing out free citizenships for illegal aliens aka new democratic voters).
    right now we have 140 NG troops in AZ. Sheriff Babeu from pinal county said last night, to start they need 3000 troops plus air cover. he said there is so much hanus crimes going on one can not imagine. drugs, gangs plus this is a case a of natioal security. now this is only one state not good.
    Last edited by cheekman; May 25th, 2010 at 10:22 PM.

Better learn Spanish

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    Better learn Spanish
    SU... you can help obumer watch the border you have to be fast!!!!

http://www.resist.com/other/border_patrol.swf

OK 1,200 NG troops at a cost of $500 million. I did the division and that works out to $416,666 per national guardsman. WOW! Maybe I should join the National Guard!!!!!

OOPPSSS........I made a mistake!!!!!!

I used a regular calculator, not one of those democratic party calculators. It would've worked out to $10,000 per guardsman and the remainder goes into campaign funds.
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Bioguy231 View Post
    OK 1,200 NG troops at a cost of $500 million. I did the division and that works out to $416,666 per national guardsman. WOW! Maybe I should join the National Guard!!!!!

OOPPSSS........I made a mistake!!!!!!

I used a regular calculator, not one of those democratic party calculators. It would've worked out to $10,000 per guardsman and the remainder goes into campaign funds.
    nice..

This just in: Obama reverses decision to send national guard troops to protect border: http://www.nowwhatyasay.com/fake.html

If Obama said "I think rush is correct about everything he says" ya all would still be complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Bioguy231 View Post
    That's a lot of money, but without knowing the duration of the deployment it probably divides alot smaller than that. For example, what equipment is being shipped to support these troops? Where are they going to live? what are they going to eat?

As an example. I spent two months in Arizona, living in a hotel, driving a rental car, while supporting the DHS mission. I cost the government something in the area of 13K just in per diem and travel expenses, not counting my regular salary.

I'm not saying the costs are not out of line, just saying it isn't money going into the pockets of Guardsman.

b.b.

Maybe AZ should just have a friendship festival - it worked for us with the Canadians - they haven't tried to burn down DC in almost 200 years.

Not 500 million for the National Guard

Time to break out the calculators again...

http://www.govexec.com/dailyfed/0510/052610cdam1.htm

The House Appropriations Committee's version of the fiscal 2010 war supplemental spending bill includes $500 million in new spending for security efforts along the Southwest border and allows $177.2 million to be transferred from other accounts to pay for the deployment of National Guard troops there, according to a draft of the bill obtained by CongressDaily.

The border spending in the supplemental bill, which the panel will mark up on Thursday, comes as President Obama authorized the deployment Tuesday of 1,200 National Guard troops to secure the border.

As part of its efforts to shore up security along the Mexican border, the White House also needs $500 million in supplemental funding to pay for border protection and law enforcement activities.

b.b.

As usual.
    More Obummer smoke and mirrors.
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
    US National Guard troops being sent to the Mexican border will be used to stem the flow of guns and drugs across the frontier and not to enforce US immigration laws, the State Department said Wednesday.
    The clarification came after the Mexican government urged Washington not to use the additional troops to go after illegal immigrants.
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

-- Title 18, U.S. Code, Section 1385
    Dammit, our President won't break the law! What a pansy!
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime View Post
    Dammit, our President won't break the law! What a pansy!
    The National guard is not part of the Army or Air Force.

Was it against the law when they patrolled NYC after 9-11 or NO after Katrina?
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

Quote Originally Posted by ILOVEDNY View Post
    The National guard is not part of the Army or Air Force.

Was it against the law when they patrolled NYC after 9-11 or NO after Katrina?
    If ordered by the President, they are "federalized." and subject to the Act.

Title 32, United States Code applies

b.b.
    Last edited by BorderBob; May 26th, 2010 at 11:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information