Thread: As you all know we had an over zealous Trump supporter town employee

Tony Fracasso - Admin

As you all know we had an over zealous Trump supporter town employee

As you all know we had an over zealous town employee who spray painted Trump2020 on a piece of town equipment.

The employee spray painted a cracked worn out 2X12 on one of the trucks. Pieces of wood that he believed were going to be discarded. Bad example to set for kids and shouldn't spray paint town property even if you are assuming it was going to be discarded.

There might have been other issues that lead to the suspension but he is now suspended for 30 days or longer. A punishment that far exceeds the deed. Well at least in my opinion. I would have said come back on your own time, clean it up or replace the wood and move on. Nope, Mark felt the guy should be arrest and charged with vandalism.

Trump message on plow gets Cheektowaga highway worker arrested

A Cheektowaga Highway Department employee was arrested on the job Friday – and suspended for 30 days without pay – after police said he defaced town property by spray-painting a pro-Trump statement on the side of a plow truck.

Robert Hupkowicz, 46, of Depew, was charged with criminal mischief and making graffiti for painting words – Trump 2020 – in black and white on the vehicle, which was parked in a corner of the highway garage when workers discovered it and notified authorities, said Mark Wegner, highway superintendent.
    https://buffalonews.com/2019/12/20/t...rker-arrested/

Looks like someone in Clarence has setup a gofund me for the guy

Robert Hupkowicz had some fun and painted “Trump 2020” on the wooden plank across the salt hopper of a town plow truck. Rather than just discipline him internally and remove or simply replace the $20 piece of wood, he was arrested and suspended 30 days without pay. Had the message not been political the punishment certainly wouldn’t have been so severe. Let’s show him our support and that we won’t be censored by the Dems.
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/trump-202...ubImu_q7GurKDQ

I don't approve of the deed but having the guy arrested and suspended for 30 days seems like a bit much.

This isn't something one should do in our town when the past Sanitation Supervisor was the Cheektowaga Party Chair, the current Highway Supervisor was a past Cheektowaga Democratic Chair and the current Town Supervisor is a Vice Chair of the Erie County Democratic Party.

Just look at that the DNC which all of these people belong to is doing to Trump over a phone call to the Ukraine. There heads must have exploded when they saw the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    As you all know we had an over zealous town employee who spray painted Trump2020 on a piece of town equipment.

The employee spray painted a cracked worn out 2X12 on one of the trucks. Pieces of wood that he believed were going to be discarded. Bad example to set for kids and shouldn't spray paint town property even if you are assuming it was going to be discarded.

There might have been other issues that lead to the suspension but he is now suspended for 30 days or longer. A punishment that far exceeds the deed. Well at least in my opinion. I would have said come back on your own time, clean it up or replace the wood and move on. Nope, Mark felt the guy should be arrest and charged with vandalism.

Trump message on plow gets Cheektowaga highway worker arrested

https://buffalonews.com/2019/12/20/t...rker-arrested/

Looks like someone in Clarence has setup a gofund me for the guy

https://www.gofundme.com/f/trump-202...ubImu_q7GurKDQ

I don't approve of the deed but having the guy arrested and suspended for 30 days seems like a bit much.

This isn't something one should do in our town when the past Sanitation Supervisor was the Cheektowaga Party Chair, the current Highway Supervisor was a past Cheektowaga Democratic Chair and the current Town Supervisor is a Vice Chair of the Erie County Democratic Party.

Just look at that the DNC which all of these people belong to is doing to Trump over a phone call to the Ukraine. There heads must have exploded when they saw the truck.
    SMH, He makes $79k/yr plus his benefits, That is more then mine and many others combined household incomes in town. I have to save to pay my own property taxes in February so people like him can live better then me and do stupid things.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I think he's pulling my leg but he said Charley was the one who called the police and had him arrested at a job site.

Robert Hupkowicz Tony Fracasso according to the police officers it was Charlie that wanted the police to arrest me and charges placed

I definitely agree!

Yeah the dumb clod for sure was beyond stupid but being arrested is over the top.

And to risk you job for something like that???? Dumb lug!

BUT -

"the DNC which all of these people belong" - This is over the top, too! No they do not belong to the national committee nor can you say people believe everything out of the national party - for all parties, not just the Dems. That crosses a line, too. And you constantly write that when it simply is wrong.

"doing to Trump over a phone call to the Ukraine" - and it WASN'T just a phone call. It was a grand conspiracy involving many, many Trump associates and actions across the government! People died for crying out loud!!!

Seems to me that had the sign read "recruit Hillary 2020" you may be calling for the guy's head!!!

Sounds like he had a target painted on his back also...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post

"the DNC which all of these people belong" - This is over the top, too! No they do not belong to the national committee nor can you say people believe everything out of the national party - for all parties, not just the Dems. That crosses a line, too. And you constantly write that when it simply is wrong.

Let me explain.

If you were a member of the KKK organization which had small chapters all throughout the USA you are a member of the KKK. You are. I don't know how else anyone could see it.

Let's say there was the "KKK of Erie County". Members of this group slowly work their way up to the state organization and some even to the national organization. No different than what we see in any political party. Dems or Reps.

The National KKK has very racist overtones and that is something all of us can agree on.

The small local chapters help with fund raising, putting yard signs up and collecting signatures when the National KKK party needs help. That support is helping push their racist agenda. Whether you agree with it or not. When the National KKK organization comes to visit the small local chapters just about fall over themselves helping with fund raisers or what ever. You know.. Ass kissing.

Now if someone tells you they are a member of the "Erie County KKK" but don't support their racist agenda what would you say?

Oh Ok and be fine with it?

Or would you say if you don't support the racist agenda why do you help with fund raisers, why do you go to the support meetings and why are you active in the local "Erie County KKK" Group? What answer would satisfy you? I'm only a member because I like white sheets and they have a good chicken dinner the meetings?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I said this on facebook.....

I made a comment that if that was Bernie2020 the head line of the story would be..... "Town employee shows bravery voicing his political beliefs".

I'm going to repeat myself

Conflicts of interest when it comes to decision making and discipline. Remember when Frank was running the Cheektowaga Democratic Party out of Sanitation? You really think the town board was going to tell him to stop when they need his support come election time?

He should not have done that in the first place. I disagree with the punishment. I'm pretty sure many in our town down don't agree with the punishment either.

Come election we can use this for a mailer.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I forwarded this to one of the contacts on https://www.donaldjtrump.com/

I certainly don't agree with spray painting anything on town owned truck but it was a joke and the wood was going to be replaced.

I was told Charley is the one who called the police from what I'm told. I wonder if he thought that up on his own or if Mark/Diane brought it up.

Either way it was over blown and makes the town look like it's ran by a bunch of knuckle heads.

I forwarded this to one of the contacts on https://www.donaldjtrump.com/

I certainly don't agree with spray painting anything on town-owned truck but it was a joke and the wood was going to be replaced.

I was told Charley is the one who called the police. I wonder if he thought that up on his own or if Mark/Diane brought it up.

Either way, it was overblown and makes the town look like it's run by a bunch of knuckleheads.
    res charlie is a felon convicted and he gets a job in the highway as the number 2 man. most likly fish fry was behind it. made the call from a bar stool.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Our good little democrats that run the town wouldn't want Cuomo seeing Trump2020 on anything

Cuomo vetoes bill letting all judges officiate weddings – because some were Trump-appointed

So much for reaching across the aisle.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo just vetoed a bill that would have allowed all federal judges to officiate at weddings in New York — saying he can’t stomach the idea that even some of the jurists might be President Trump appointees.

“I cannot in good conscience support legislation that would authorize such actions by federal judges who are appointed by this federal administration,” Cuomo said in a statement Friday as he shot down the bill — which was passed overwhelmingly by the Democratic-controlled state legislature.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuo...rump-appointed

Our good little democrats that run the town wouldn't want Cuomo seeing Trump2020 on anything

Cuomo vetoes bill letting all judges officiate weddings – because some were Trump-appointed

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuo...rump-appointed
    No political BS there....smh at how this dictator got re-elected.

That's taxpayer bought property that we all pay for and we were paying his salary. I'm not happy that he's suspended and charged but the notion that there should be less of a standard for town employees is crazy. If anyone in the private sector pulled that nonsense, pro-Trump or not, they would be fired at the very least. There's a group of town employees that have benefited from the corruption of the Frank Max cabal (Jerry Scaminski is the last holdout) that think they can stir the pot at work and get away with everything. I'm glad the Highway Superintendent sent a clear message that misconduct will no longer be tolerated. We need better workers who actually take their jobs seriously. The blowout defeat of the Better Cheektowaga slate shows that they don't have the power they used to and that they aren't invincible, their antics have been taken lightly for too long and now they need to be reigned in.
    Last edited by Cheektavegas; December 25th, 2019 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheektavegas View Post
    That's taxpayer bought property that we all pay for and we were paying his salary. I'm not happy that he's suspended and charged but the notion that there should be less of a standard for town employees is crazy. If anyone in the private sector pulled that nonsense, pro-Trump or not, they would be fired at the very least. There's a group of town employees that have benefited from the corruption of the Frank Max cabal (Jerry Scaminski is the last holdout) that think they can stir the pot at work and get away with everything. I'm glad the Highway Superintendent sent a clear message that misconduct will no longer be tolerated. We need better workers who actually take their jobs seriously. The blowout defeat of the Better Cheektowaga slate shows that they don't have the power they used to and that they aren't invincible, their antics have been taken lightly for too long and now they need to be reigned in.

It would be nice if they maintained the “taxpayer bought property” , that truck looked like a rusty pos. If there’s time for shenanigans then there should be time to keep their equipment clean and maintained

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This was posted up on facebook.

This was an intentional (key word, intentional) misuse of town property, no matter how inexpensive to cause a controversy. That isn't what work is for, especially when taxpayers pay you. Those who work in public service should be treated with respect, and it's disrespectful to everyone who works for the town to allow that kind of nonsense to go on unchecked. You can't graffiti town property, if some teenager did that, they'd be arrested. I think you need to ask yourself that if "Trump sucks" had been written instead, if you wouldn't be calling this blatant malfeasance and a poor treatment of taxpayers because that's exactly what it is. I feel terrible for him and his family, mainly because it's a symptom of a long-term problem where certain town employees think they'e above accountability due to their previous political connections. I'd rather have a town government where people don't find the workplace to be an area that they can "stir the pot" in, use town property to make political statements and have basic standards of conduct.
    So are we as a town going to apply this concept equally? Makes no difference which political party you belong to, makes no difference who you are related to, makes no difference how many petition sigs you have collected and so on?

Thread Information