Thread: Lancaster Bee drops the ball; again

Lancaster Bee drops the ball; again

After listening to the recording of the December 16th town board meeting, I was surprised and disappointed to find no mention of the meeting in the Lancaster Bee – the town’s official newspaper. Incredible considering there were matters of importance and interest at the meeting.

I contacted several individuals I know that were at the meeting to ask whether a Bee reporter was at the meeting. They all assured me a Bee reporter was present. Thankfully, a copy of the Lancaster Sun report on the meeting was emailed me.

It was nice to read in the Sun of the present and future town board members being commemorated, The accolades were appropriate and especially deserving for Supervisor Johanna Coleman who served the town well and presided over the town board meetings with civility and poise.

The Sun reported on some of the accomplishments achieved under the Coleman administration – updating the town’s comprehensive master plan, the town’s progress on updating infrastructure (waterlines, bridges, culverts), passing of four employee collective bargaining agreements and the updating of the Historical Building.

The Sun also reported on the details of the recently approved White Collar agreement. The Sun failed to mention that retired Director of Administration & Finance Dave Brown was rehired to fill that position until the end of the year to assure a smooth transition period.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    It was nice to read in the Sun of the present and future town board members being commemorated, The accolades were appropriate and especially deserving for Supervisor Johanna Coleman who served the town well and presided over the town board meetings with civility and poise.
    A Template For Hope?

While the nation's body politic appears to be in peril, Lancaster's leaders past and present demonstrate how friendship and commitment to the civic good can relegate bitter partisanship to its proper secondary role.

Everyone in Lancaster should celebrate this photo...

dinner.jpg
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    A Template For Hope?

While the nation's body politic appears to be in peril, Lancaster's leaders past and present demonstrate how friendship and commitment to the civic good can relegate bitter partisanship to its proper secondary role.

Everyone in Lancaster should celebrate this photo...

dinner.jpg
    Nice picture indeed!

Someone is missing in the picture. I just can't put my finger on it. Mark, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Nice picture indeed!

Someone is missing in the picture. I just can't put my finger on it. Mark, anyone?
    I thought there was something curious about the picture.

Let's see, there does not appear that a disco group is present; no big shot political wheeler-dealers; and I don't see any fish dinners on the dinner table.

I'll bet the missing person just may be part of that exclusive club of Lancaster Supervisors. Leo Weimar, not!

But, I'll give you a hint. He may be looking in a mirror, or far more likely, attending transition matters...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=4xlvKnRurGY
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; December 20th, 2019 at 08:01 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Thread Information