After listening to the recording of the December 16th town board meeting, I was surprised and disappointed to find no mention of the meeting in the Lancaster Bee – the town’s official newspaper. Incredible considering there were matters of importance and interest at the meeting.

I contacted several individuals I know that were at the meeting to ask whether a Bee reporter was at the meeting. They all assured me a Bee reporter was present. Thankfully, a copy of the Lancaster Sun report on the meeting was emailed me.

It was nice to read in the Sun of the present and future town board members being commemorated, The accolades were appropriate and especially deserving for Supervisor Johanna Coleman who served the town well and presided over the town board meetings with civility and poise.

The Sun reported on some of the accomplishments achieved under the Coleman administration – updating the town’s comprehensive master plan, the town’s progress on updating infrastructure (waterlines, bridges, culverts), passing of four employee collective bargaining agreements and the updating of the Historical Building.

The Sun also reported on the details of the recently approved White Collar agreement. The Sun failed to mention that retired Director of Administration & Finance Dave Brown was rehired to fill that position until the end of the year to assure a smooth transition period.