Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Editorial: Mychajliw’s problem

  1. #1
    Member gorja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lancaster, NY
    Posts
    12,190

    Editorial: Mychajliw’s problem

    This editorial is "Spot on"



    Good advice for Mychajliw


    Have a GREAT day,
    Georgia Schlager

  2. #2
    Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Posts
    63,008
    This is what happens when the only qualification for a position is one more vote than another person.

    Next let him point his fingers. In the end it's in our best interest for all incompetence to be pointed out even when the pointer may be incompetent themselves.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    This editorial is "Spot on"

    Good advice for Mychajliw
    There's this old saying:

    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."

    These words are usually credited to the acclaimed genius Albert Einstein.

    Well, this malarkey with Stefan and Company goes back years.

    Here's a good read from May, 2014, on SPEAKUP WNY...

    https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...for-His-Friend!!!

    Says a lot!

    LOL



  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,143
    The shoe shine rag hates the guy because he repeatedly holds little markie’s feet to the fire over record setting tax increases. By the way, if the rag really wanted an editorial that was worth something, they could’ve investigated whether the person who screwed up the audit was a little markie hire and whether he was qualified for the position. Might’ve made for an interesting editorial on the Democratic Totalitarian party’s policy of placing people on the government payroll as a political favor rather than based on merit. That, dear friends, is one of the main drivers of the uninterrupted decades long decline in Buffalo and western New York. And it’s a pity the shoe shine rag can’t stumble across a story about little markie’s problems, a rapist as a department head, a department head whose record of racial harassment of employees was recognized by the EEOC. Just to name a few. In fact, the rag is rather selective in the stories about problems in government it chooses to cover. While news outlets across the state were covering the Il Douche bidding scandal in detail we got minimum coverage and much of that was devoted to attempts to explain it away. I haven’t seen a single mention of Il Douche’s attempt to use JCOPE, the state lobbying and “ethics” body, to gather information on what the investigations were showing about his friend, Percoco, and his outreach to the Speaker of the Assembly requesting that the Speaker use his influence to pressure to pressure the Speakers appointee to JCOPE. Just not newsworthy stuff I guess.
    Last edited by grump; December 8th, 2019 at 09:00 AM.

  5. #5
    Member gorja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lancaster, NY
    Posts
    12,190
    Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    The shoe shine rag hates the guy because he repeatedly holds little markie’s feet to the fire over record setting tax increases. By the way, if the rag really wanted an editorial that was worth something, they could’ve investigated whether the person who screwed up the audit was a little markie hire and whether he was qualified for the position. Might’ve made for an interesting editorial on the Democratic Totalitarian party’s policy of placing people on the government payroll as a political favor rather than based on merit. That, dear friends, is one of the main drivers of the uninterrupted decades long decline in Buffalo and western New York. And it’s a pity the shoe shine rag can’t stumble across a story about little markie’s problems, a rapist as a department head, a department head whose record of racial harassment of employees was recognized by the EEOC. Just to name a few. In fact, the rag is rather selective in the stories about problems in government it chooses to cover. While news outlets across the state were covering the Il Douche bidding scandal in detail we got minimum coverage and much of that was devoted to attempts to explain it away. I haven’t seen a single mention of Il Douche’s attempt to use JCOPE, the state lobbying and “ethics” body, to gather information on what the investigations were showing about his friend, Percoco, and his outreach to the Speaker of the Assembly requesting that the Speaker use his influence to pressure to pressure the Speakers appointee to JCOPE. Just not newsworthy stuff I guess.
    So grump. are you saying only Markie does wrong but poor little Steffy is innocent of anything?


    Have a GREAT day,
    Georgia Schlager

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    The shoe shine rag hates the guy because he repeatedly holds little markie’s feet to the fire over record setting tax increases. By the way, if the rag really wanted an editorial that was worth something, they could’ve investigated whether the person who screwed up the audit was a little markie hire and whether he was qualified for the position. Might’ve made for an interesting editorial on the Democratic Totalitarian party’s policy of placing people on the government payroll as a political favor rather than based on merit. That, dear friends, is one of the main drivers of the uninterrupted decades long decline in Buffalo and western New York. And it’s a pity the shoe shine rag can’t stumble across a story about little markie’s problems, a rapist as a department head, a department head whose record of racial harassment of employees was recognized by the EEOC. Just to name a few. In fact, the rag is rather selective in the stories about problems in government it chooses to cover. While news outlets across the state were covering the Il Douche bidding scandal in detail we got minimum coverage and much of that was devoted to attempts to explain it away. I haven’t seen a single mention of Il Douche’s attempt to use JCOPE, the state lobbying and “ethics” body, to gather information on what the investigations were showing about his friend, Percoco, and his outreach to the Speaker of the Assembly requesting that the Speaker use his influence to pressure to pressure the Speakers appointee to JCOPE. Just not newsworthy stuff I guess.
    grump - your kinda in a rant here, not to mention you're all over the darn place!



    "the guy because he repeatedly holds little markie’s feet to the fire over record setting tax increases" - Where's the proof of that? Can't say I ever seen a word from Stefan on that!

    "little markie hire and whether he was qualified for the position" - This person was a civil service test-taking employee, who from what I hear also worked for the county control board!

    "long decline in Buffalo and western New York" - Do you suffer from the blues or something? Get out and take a look, grump, the area is doing a heck of a lot better!

    "a rapist as a department head" - What, the guy who 'independent' Lynne Dixon and ALL Republicans voted to confirm????

    "department head whose record of racial harassment of employees was recognized by the EEOC" - I call BS on this one, the DA staffer maybe, not the dept head!

    "Just to name a few" - Go ahead and name tham, grump, can't find much from what I see!

    ""Percoco" - ""JCOPE" - ""Speaker of the Assembly" - Typical grump attempting to change the subject and distract!


  7. #7
    Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Posts
    63,008
    Gorja,

    I didn't see anything that Grump said that stated Stefan was innocent. He said that Stefan basically continually holds Marks feet to the fire.

  8. #8
    Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Posts
    63,008
    Breezy
    "little markie hire and whether he was qualified for the position" - This person was a civil service test-taking employee, who from what I hear also worked for the county control board!
    Did Mark recommend the guy though?

    Correct me if I am wrong. In the past haven't people been hired who knew elected officials but then took the civil servant test afterwards to keep the position. I'm not saying that happened in this case. I'm asking based on what I have read/heard in the past.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,143
    Poor simple Breezy. The guy in question is a long time Democratic Totalitarian hanger on who was put there when little markie ran the show. Mychajliw can certainly be criticized for not firing every little markie left over on day one. If you think this area is doing well, you’re even blinder than I thought. Everything that goes on here is being carried by the taxpayers, the entire “medical campus” ...the solar panel debacle that set a standard for “in your face” corruption by the Democratic Totalitarians... the whole thing. Why, wasn’t it just last week that a state court judge put a stop to the attempt by the Democratic Totalitarians in city hall to declare “blighted” one of the wealthiest parts of the city so that costs of redevelopment could be shifted to the taxpayers? And see my post on another thread how changes in the tax law that force corporations to pay income tax on at least some of the handouts given them by the state put an end to another proposed taxpayer ripoff in Niagara Falls. Better yet, get in your car and take a drive through some really flourishing cities. Oh and there was that article about how salary increases here lag the rest of the country by a mile. Yeah, things here are just great. Ha,ha, hee, hee, ho, ho!

  10. #10
    Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Posts
    63,008
    Breezy

    "long decline in Buffalo and western New York" - Do you suffer from the blues or something? Get out and take a look, grump, the area is doing a heck of a lot better!
    Taking people's money and subsidizing other businesses is not "doing better". People who had that money taken from them could have used it for themselves and their own businesses. The best value of a dollar is the dollar you get to keep. I understand we need roads and infrastructure but there are a lot of things we could do without. Subsidizing millionaires businesses like solarcity was something we could have done without.

    Losing population isn't a good thing but it could be.

    A bad scenario When the only reason you might see population leveling off or growing slighting is the importation of refugees. Specially if 1000's of those people need assistance at a cost to others. Yes you are going to have some very productive people who do come to the united states but be realistic. Some won't be. I don't care if it's short term or not. If the stream of refugees never stops the cost of those refugees never stops. Don't confuse the importation of refugees now versus immigration of the 1800/early 1900's. Two different times and situations.

    Losing population isn't necessarily a bad thing either. It can also be viewed as a good thing if the people leaving better themselves somewhere else and stop being a burden on those who are here. Wouldn't you agree? You do want people to make a better life for themselves don't you?

    Example...

    Let say we had 20,000 people who have no technical skills in Erie County. Those 20,000 people end on various welfare programs year after year. They also reflect on our local unemployment rate. Now lets say somewhere else in the USA needs 1000's of unskilled laborers. Could be factory jobs what will require minimal training or what ever. Those 20,000 leave Erie County and become productive citizens. That's a good thing.

    We remove 20,000 people from our local welfare roles including right sizing Erie County social service departments by laying off those people. We could literally lower our Erie County property taxes. Correct? Personally I'm ok with that and I'm pretty many others would be to.

    What is wrong with my above scenario of population loss?

    I don't mind helping others but I don't work my ass off to everyone and anyone because someone wants to increase their voting base. Haven't you been watching the Democratic debates? I have.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,143
    Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    So grump. are you saying only Markie does wrong but poor little Steffy is innocent of anything?
    Gee, Gorja, I didn’t say that at all. I said that the shoe shine rag largely ignores, minimizes or engages in excuse making for the improper conduct of politicians they like and grossly exaggerates anything done by politicians they don’t like. Please don’t get like poor simple Breezy and mischaracterize what people say.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Did Mark recommend the guy though?

    Correct me if I am wrong. In the past haven't people been hired who knew elected officials but then took the civil servant test afterwards to keep the position. I'm not saying that happened in this case. I'm asking based on what I have read/heard in the past.
    From what I understand, this guy was a financial guy brought over from the control board (mostly staffed by Republicans). He was not some political hire as grump infers. Mark would have recommended him because he does the hiring as the comptroller, like Stefan now, so I guess he recommended him to himself.

    Sure I see the same thing as you do about "people been hired who knew elected officials but then took the civil servant test afterwards to keep the position" and I am not sure at all this guy's situation. But come on, Stefan blames someone, conveniently in my view, when the editorial cites a criticism of Stefan from an independent outside organization on a litany of issues - and NOT this former staffer. PLEASE! Like someone is going to risk their future by trying to setup Stefan as one of his employees?

    Come on now, grump!!!!!


  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    So grump. are you saying only Markie does wrong but poor little Steffy is innocent of anything?
    That's EXACTLY what grump is referring no doubt to me one bit!!


  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Poor simple Breezy. The guy in question is a long time Democratic Totalitarian hanger on who was put there when little markie ran the show. Mychajliw can certainly be criticized for not firing every little markie left over on day one. If you think this area is doing well, you’re even blinder than I thought. Everything that goes on here is being carried by the taxpayers, the entire “medical campus” ...the solar panel debacle that set a standard for “in your face” corruption by the Democratic Totalitarians... the whole thing. Why, wasn’t it just last week that a state court judge put a stop to the attempt by the Democratic Totalitarians in city hall to declare “blighted” one of the wealthiest parts of the city so that costs of redevelopment could be shifted to the taxpayers? And see my post on another thread how changes in the tax law that force corporations to pay income tax on at least some of the handouts given them by the state put an end to another proposed taxpayer ripoff in Niagara Falls. Better yet, get in your car and take a drive through some really flourishing cities. Oh and there was that article about how salary increases here lag the rest of the country by a mile. Yeah, things here are just great. Ha,ha, hee, hee, ho, ho!
    This "proudly simple" Breezy could write of all the virtues of the medical campus in Buffalo but why waste my time?

    It's clearly helping the entire area, or could, should you sadly need serious medical assistance - and in a rush!

    As a taxpayer who probably pays much, much more than you do to 'the government' in the form of taxes, I have ZERO problem with the issues you offer in your crazy rant about taxes going to the "local" economic boom!

    PLEASE!!

    Like I wrote, grump, you need to get out and see all the progress!



  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,143
    Poor simple Breezy. Funny you should mention it. I had a family member this summer who seriously needed medical assistance in a hurry. It was received...in Amherst. I have another family member with a chronic incurable medical condition who is receiving excellent medical care...in Amherst. While millions in taxpayer money was pissed away on a new medical school building, the prime attraction of which is its atrium and millions more was pissed away by NFTA on a remodeled subway station that was comically marketed as part of the medical campus and local officials scrambled knowing that there is insufficient parking and services there and are holding their breath against the day the taxpayer money runs dry, the real medical developments were taking place along Sheridan Drive and Maple Road in Amherst. I’m glad you’re paying a lot in taxes but you should be paying much much more, you wealthy selfish person you. And I doubt you have a clue how much I pay in taxes. And I’ve seen the “progress”; I actually got an invite to an opening of part of it. Pretty impressive and only about two and a half decades after Pittsburg, Cleveland and a host of other cities.
    Last edited by grump; December 8th, 2019 at 04:45 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Stefan Mychajliw
    By WNYresident in forum Erie County Politics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: July 8th, 2013, 07:55 PM
  2. Mychajliw vs Shenk
    By WNYresident in forum USA Politics and Our Economy - President Donald Trump
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: October 29th, 2012, 11:10 PM
  3. Is Josh Boose better than Stefan Mychajliw?
    By Achbek1 in forum Morning Breakfast - Breaking News
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: July 16th, 2011, 10:18 AM
  4. Stefan Mychajliw Siting
    By Enough in forum Morning Breakfast - Breaking News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 11th, 2007, 10:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •