Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erie County will consent to refugee resettlement

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Erie County will consent to refugee resettlement

Erie County will consent to refugee resettlement

BUFFALO, N.Y. — On Tuesday morning, Erie County executive Mark Poloncarz will announce the county's intention to consent to continued refugee resettlement.
    President Donald Trump issued an executive order in September, which will go into effect on Christmas day, saying refugees won't be allowed to resettle in a state or city without written consent from the governor and a local official.
    https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/co...xUmshshbTEgCWk

On Tuesday morning, Erie County executive Mark Poloncarz will announce the county's intention to consent to continued refugee resettlement.
    Who is Mark speaking for? I have ran into many people who would prefer not to take more refugees into the area until the existing issues our county faces are resolved.

Boy, oh boy... the fun never ends.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I wonder why this wasn't brought up during the election.

"Who is Mark speaking for? I have ran into many people who would prefer not to take more refugees into the area until the existing issues our county faces are resolved."

As usual..he is speaking for himself...self promoting his future in politics..liberally spending our tax dollars like there's no end....thank the mindless voters who put him back in office..perhaps those same voters should exclusively burden the costs of refugee settlement here in EC Why isnt he finding a conscience and focusing on our veterans and already homeless in this County?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    That is what I don't understand Joe. What would someone have to do to Mark to have him put the interest of someone from another country over the best interest of veterans and homeless in erie county. Or over the children in Erie County. Money used for programs could be going to help people who are already here before importing more people.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    That is what I don't understand Joe. What would someone have to do to Mark to have him put the interest of someone from another country over the best interest of veterans and homeless in erie county. Or over the children in Erie County. Money used for programs could be going to help people who are already here before importing more people.
    Come on, WNY. You know the answer. As long as you have a dollar left to tax our county executive has a dollar to take and give to someone else. As it posted on another thread a week or so ago, BO summed up the best the view that Democratic Totalitarians have: The people belong to the government.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm naive.

Personally ( in general ) I wouldn't take money from one person to fulfill the wants or needs of another for non essential items. Give or take a little on what is considered essential.

Providing welfare services and programs for refugees is not essential especially when we have people currently here in need of help.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I'm naive.
    Def misguided on this one. You're also pretty selective of the "costs to taxpayers" with these clearly dividing and divisive posts. Heck, with 31 deaths in county jails since Tim Howard became sheriff in 2005 why is it you never write about the cost from that terrible toll? Investigations, lawsuits and all the resulting costs. That money, which would far exceed the local costs of "legal" refugees coming to the area. Even one, million dollar lawsuit, over deaths in the jail could fund a lot services you mention here. Please! Like you would see the refugees anyway?

You always complain of lost population yet here's a perfectly legal way to bring hardworking people to WNY. Probably the state or feds footing the bill, too.

And the tight background and refugee process is easily Googled and extensive from what I have read.

Good for Mark! This makes me glad I voted for him once again!!!

The Princess of Evil June Chapman and the disgusting disciples went nuts on Facebook/Make New York Red over this.

Of course that made my day!!!

Ha!

Gee Breezy. I guess the MANLY MAN, little Markie is scared by something someone said on WBEN. Little Markie showed everyone that he’s a MANLY MAN during the campaign by doing commercials showing himself PLAYING HOCKEY. That’s a MANLY thing to do. Wonder why such a MANLY MAN is so scared by the radio.And please spell out in detail the exact cost to taxpayers of the alleged 31 deaths allegedly caused by the Sheriff. You seem to have all the figures. Inmates sue over everything. That’s how they spend their time. Well, unless you’re an illegal inmate in Westchester County where they recently released a murderer back into the community rather than hold him for deportation because they claim to be a sanctuary community. Poor little Markie. Hope he doesn’t wet himself. Good thing it wasn’t Nate McMurray who threatened Markie. McMurray has a gun and he’s not afraid to use it. If he runs for Congress let me suggest to you a campaign slogan: “Have gun. Will Travel”. Wait, that’s already taken. Oh hell, use it any way. Plagiarism has never stopped Joe Biden from stealing ideas from others. Why should it stop McMurray?
    Last edited by grump; December 4th, 2019 at 10:00 PM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Def misguided on this one. You're also pretty selective of the "costs to taxpayers" with these clearly dividing and divisive posts.

Tony
    I'm naive.

Personally ( in general ) I wouldn't take money from one person to fulfill the wants or needs of another for non essential items. Give or take a little on what is considered essential.

Providing welfare services and programs for refugees is not essential especially when we have people currently here in need of help.

Are you referring to this post as dividing and divisive?

I would love to see some one honestly and fully expose the total "Local costs of "legal" refugees" ? !

How much will tax payers pay for medical - food - rent - clothing and even social security disability benefits that then give the medicaid insurance.

So please tell us how much is spent on each one - federal cost - state cost - county cost per month.

Then throw in the costs of every agency that aids them from the day they arrived.

What exactly is the Executive committing to when he welcomes them being sent here.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    I would love to see some one honestly and fully expose the total "Local costs of "legal" refugees" ? !

Costly votes in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post

How much will tax payers pay for medical - food - rent - clothing and even social security disability benefits that then give the medicaid insurance.

So please tell us how much is spent on each one - federal cost - state cost - county cost per month.

Then throw in the costs of every agency that aids them from the day they arrived.

What exactly is the Executive committing to when he welcomes them being sent here.

Shorter 4248: I got mine! Now get lost!!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Shorter 4248: I got mine! Now get lost!!!

Breezy... so why does Mark want to add this cost to our community? Let another community who may have less people in need take the task of absorbing the refugees.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information