Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We Call On Tesla To End Any And All Abuse, And Repair The Harm Done To Workers

Tony Fracasso - Admin

We Call On Tesla To End Any And All Abuse, And Repair The Harm Done To Workers

This was posted on WNYLabortoday.com facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/wnylt/

“We Call On Tesla To End Any And All Abuse, And Repair The Harm Done To Workers Of Color At Their Buffalo Facility.”

ALSO NEW ON WNYLABORTODAY.COM: Western New York Area Labor Federation Calls On Tesla To End Alleged Practices Of Racism At Its Buffalo Solar Production Facility - Formal Complaints Filed With NYS Division Of Human Rights & Federal EEOC To Hold Tesla Accountable... WNYALF Joins With Host Of Environmental Organizations & Racial Justice Groups In Support Of Non-Union Workers At Tesla: “We Call On Tesla To End Any And All Abuse, And Repair The Harm Done To Workers Of Color At Their Buffalo Facility.”... Read More On 'Your' On-Line Labor Newspaper...

https://www.wnylabortoday.com/?fbcli...BaButgjH-bJW5c

What harm have they done to this poor people? This horrible. Anyone know what is going on?

WNY, many “hi tech” companies, especially some of the most recognized ones, have abysmal records in the treatment minority and female employees. They skate because many of the founders, for example Musk, are huge financial backers of Democratic Totalitarian candidates and they are protected when these people are elected. For example, Google has a horrible record of hiring ad promoting women and minorities. If a traditional manufacturer had a record as bad as Google’s every federal and state agency on earth would be on their ass and it would be a round the clock news story.
    Last edited by grump; November 27th, 2019 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    WNY, many “hi tech” companies, especially some of the most recognized ones, have abysmal records in the treatment minority and female employees. They skate because many of the founders, for example Musk, are huge financial backers of Democratic Totalitarian candidates and they are protected when these people are elected. For example, Google has a horrible record of hiring ad promoting women and minorities. If a traditional manufacturer had a record as bad as Google’s every federal and state agency on earth would be on their ass and it would be a round the clock news story.

Maybe they hire the most qualified people, maybe women and minorities don’t flock to tech jobs like white or Asian men do. What’s wrong with hiring the most qualified? Isn’t this still an issue in the Buffalo Fire Dept after many years ?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    “We Call On Tesla To End Any And All Abuse, And Repair The Harm Done To Workers Of Color At Their Buffalo Facility.”
    I can't believe the employees actually go there if they are being abused and harmed.

It can't be all that bad. It seems you have to registered to read the story on https://www.wnylabortoday.com. I'm surprised it's not public so everyone and anyone can read what is going on with these employees.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I can't believe the employees actually go there if they are being abused and harmed.

It can't be all that bad. It seems you have to registered to read the story on https://www.wnylabortoday.com. I'm surprised it's not public so everyone and anyone can read what is going on with these employees.
    YOu don't have to be registered to read this story

https://qz.com/1756552/tesla-workers...-york-factory/

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    Maybe they hire the most qualified people, maybe women and minorities don’t flock to tech jobs like white or Asian men do. What’s wrong with hiring the most qualified? Isn’t this still an issue in the Buffalo Fire Dept after many years ?
    Wait...you’re saying hiring should be based on merit instead of done according to race and gender quotas? What cave did you just emerge from? It’s almost 2020! We have an idiot running for President who lied for years and pretended to be a Cherokee to give herself a leg up on other female applicants and she’s celebrated for it. If they don't flock to tech jobs they must be sought out! Isn’t that what they mean by “affirmative action”? And note, I didn’t just mention hiring, I said “treatment”. I’ve read some stuff that suggests that the environment at Google is just this side of sex slave trade. I don’t have any daughters but I have a niece and if she were treated that way I’d bust someone’s head. I’m no fan of preferential hiring but if one is going to insist on it then it ought to apply equally...even to companies run by major contributors to the Democratic Totalitarians. And I do believe that, once you’ve hired someone no matter what their race or sex and no matter how you got them, you have no right to crap on them.

The bogus solar panel plant story moves from the comical to the sublime. The major provider of employees (such as there are) at this money pit has walked away, firing all its workers in the bargain. Meanwhile ESDC has received assurances from notorious misstater Musk that they have fulfilled their hiring obligations. This of course is subject to verification but don’t forget...there is no mechanism in the contract for verification. Verification requires that we rely on the same promise made by Kurt Russell in the hilarious 1980 movie, Used Cars....Trust Me.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The bogus never ends.

Governor Cuomo's administration is once again suppressing information on another Buffalo Billion project, this one the IBM technology hub in downtown Buffalo. A report from our nonprofit partners at Investigative Post.
    https://www.investigativepost.org/20...u50kNAkjTg6Rb4

Several years ago, the Cuomo administration spent $55 million of state taxpayer money to buy, renovate and equip seven floors of a downtown Buffalo office building to bring IBM to town. The payoff, we were told, would be 500 good-paying software engineering jobs and the start of a technology hub with all sorts of spin-off development.

Now, four of those floors at Fountain Plaza are available for lease, raising all sorts of questions about IBM’s commitment to Buffalo. Has it pulled out? Working on a Plan B? None of the above?
    They really piss away our money don't they

A RICO investigation waiting to happen...your state government in action.

Well, at least the shoe shine rag confirmed a story that I had heard a number of times about this rape of New York’s taxpayers. Many of the workers there aren’t Tesla workers at all but contract labor conned into believing that they’ll get full time employment after 90 days. Most are sent packing before day 90 and simply replaced with others rolled through in their place.

The state has hidden $50 million in equipment meant for this money pit that sits unused in a Wheatfield warehouse. Wonder what the 1500 workers that supposedly work there do all day.

You really ought to go to the state comptroller website and read DiNapoli’s audit of ESDC projects, including Riverbend. It confirms that the total pissed away just on Riverbend is $959 million, not the $750 million typically bandied about. But hell, what’s another 1/4 of a billion! And Tesla told ESDC that it hadn’t a clue about how to make solar panels. (They can’t make cars either but some idiots still cough up a ton of money to buy them.) The complete lack of oversight, of performance and measurement standards, and accountability boggles the mind. It’s apparent that ESDC is about as hapless a state agency as exists.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I brought up solar city on facebook a few days ago. People in the democratic party don't look at it as a waste of money. They look at the project as cleaning up brown fields along lake erie. That is odd seeing nothing is really happening at solar city to get the 750,000,000+ back in a timely fashion.

Funny how they complain about "business" people getting money but if it's "their" business idea it's fine.

I don't believe in IDA type breaks/grants.

I think the only time something like that would be considered would be for a tax break for a ford plant or something like that. NO GRANTS... just some tax discounts because the business is making the investment. Also no tax breaks if the business competes with anyone locally.

There’s no accounting for idiocy. Don’t try to figure it out. Anyone who views a billion dollars pissed away to create an empty factory and views that a “brownfield cleanup” is simply beyond hope. And is there any evidence at all that any brownfield remediation was actually done at that site? Of course not. This is the reason Buffalo and western New York have been in a 60 year downhill spiral that shows no sign of ending.

Well, the local shoe sign rag finally reported something like the truth about the employment conditions for minorities and women at Riverbend. Anyone paying attention over the last several years should know that these high tech toilets, all run by Democratic Totalitarian billionaires who are major contributors to their Democratic Totalitarian friends, are hotbeds of racism and sexual abuse. After all, they’re run by the same crowd that brought us the KKK and the likes of Monica Lewinsky.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information