Thread: Bryon Brown wants more refugees

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Bryon Brown wants more refugees

As the Department of State now requires state and localities to consent before refugees can be resettled, I have written to the Federal Government to affirm Buffalo’s continued commitment to refugees. We must ensure the vital work of Buffalo’s resettlement agencies and renew our support of refugees at every opportunity.
    https://www.facebook.com/MayorByronB...56944401894065

I will never understand why people would support this while we have families and people who are already here who need support and help.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/MayorByronB...56944401894065

I will never understand why people would support this while we have families and people who are already here who need support and help.
    Any refugee that I have known has been an extremely hard and dependable worker. They may initially need help in finding a place to live and finding a job.
    They also have a promissory note to pay back to immigration for their travel expenses. They are in this country LEGALLY. Maybe, I've just been lucky in the refugees that I have met

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Any refugee that I have known has been an extremely hard and dependable worker. They may initially need help in finding a place to live and finding a job.
    They also have a promissory note to pay back to immigration for their travel expenses. They are in this country LEGALLY. Maybe, I've just been lucky in the refugees that I have met
    I understand. Start cutting your own check cover the cost.

I know illegals who work very hard when given a chance. Most of the ones I’ve known only want a chance to prove themselves. Many, if not most of them, would make far better citizens than the likes of Sanders, Warren or any of that crowd. I haven’t known a one who makes lying a daily part of his life as do Warren, Biden, the Clintons, Cuomos, Kennedys, Sanders Schiff and that crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    I know illegals who work very hard when given a chance. Most of the ones I’ve known only want a chance to prove themselves. Many, if not most of them, would make far better citizens than the likes of Sanders, Warren or any of that crowd. I haven’t known a one who makes lying a daily part of his life as do Warren, Biden, the Clintons, Cuomos, Kennedys, Sanders Schiff and that crowd.
    grump, your comment here just bounces right off their chests.

Your jabs have to be at least a bit believable, and especially leaving out Trump with the lie thing speaks louder than words.

To leave out members from every political persuasion also hurts your slam on the Dems.

Ya got that right!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Let's just keep on spending what we don't have to spend

New York state faces $6.1 billion budget hole next year: officials

Gov. Cuomo faces a growing budget mess as officials projected a shocking $6.1 billion hole in the state’s finances next year.

The figure was provided by the state Division of Budget in its mid-year budget report, which was released weeks after its legally mandated due date.

That tallies up to roughly 6 percent of the state’s $102 billion budget for its agencies and operations.

More than half of the gap — $4 billion — is linked to a dramatic rise in the state’s Medicaid costs.

In an effort to patch the hole, Cuomo is considering slashing payments to hospitals and nursing homes in the current budget and perhaps next year.
    https://nypost.com/2019/11/22/new-yo...ear-officials/

Through refugee resettlement, we help new arrivals make Buffalo their home. Our passionate resettlement team ensures our new families’ needs are met through home set-ups, airport pick-ups, cultural orientation, and ensuring all health care, mental health, education and employment needs are met.
    https://www.jersbuffalo.org/

Really? While we have people already here struggling to make ends meet and their own health issues...

NYS Puts Out a toolkit to help refugees apply for Medicaid

https://nyshealthfoundation.org/wp-c...-june-2009.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    grump, your comment here just bounces right off their chests.

Your jabs have to be at least a bit believable, and especially leaving out Trump with the lie thing speaks louder than words.

To leave out members from every political persuasion also hurts your slam on the Dems.

Every word I said about them is not only believable but has been proven time and again. As for the words bouncing off their chests I’m sure you’re right. Only the totally shameless can make lying a part of their routine as they do.

The big thing that hits me is : "We must ensure the vital work of #Buffalo’s resettlement agencies and renew our support of refugees at every opportunity"

Of course #MayorBrown is for more - more federal aid - more spoon fed #tax funded agencies - more tax subsidized non-Profits !

Has anyone gone to the down town #SocialSecurity office lately ?

Believe it or not they are swamped with #immigrants applying for benefits ! Many according to a local employee - are applying for social security disability benefits . They are claiming - among other things - stress and mental issues - they even claim its so stressful dealing with being here - it causes them anxiety and related conditions.

I have nothing against legal immigrants who can support them self's - i am against constantly bringing in people who will need immediate tax funded subsistence and housing !

Just my 2 cents !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Thread Information