Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry. Good News About Eggertsville/Amherst.

Sorry. Good News About Eggertsville/Amherst.

I speculate that there will be those (with obvious chips on their shoulders) that find all the bad things about this while ignoring that it's good and happening. And, God forbid, it's happening in Eggertsville (gasp!). Lol. Live with it, suckers.

"Shoppers Eager To See Station Twelve Come to Life"

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/bu...station-twelve

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The new center will have plenty to offer, like restaurants, stores, and even green space.
    No tax breaks right? Personally I believe it's wrong to give tax breaks to businesses that will compete with existing businesses in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    No tax breaks right? Personally I believe it's wrong to give tax breaks to businesses that will compete with existing businesses in the area.
    Kinda a moot point here... there is no other operation like this in the area... unless you view this as simply a strip mall/plaza... which it clearly is not... though, I suppose, a negative-nelly would argue that point just to try to put a damper on the situation. Be happy.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It's cool. Just pointed out that I personally don't believe in tax breaks. Keep everyone on the same playing field.

"Restaurants" I'm pretty sure there are other restaurants in the area that are not receiving tax breaks. You might not know this but the restaurant business is competitive.

"Stores" I'm pretty sure there are other stores in the area that are not receiving tax breaks. Well you know how competitive retail is.

Quote Originally Posted by Member 2358 View Post
    I speculate that there will be those (with obvious chips on their shoulders) that find all the bad things about this while ignoring that it's good and happening. And, God forbid, it's happening in Eggertsville (gasp!). Lol. Live with it, suckers.

"Shoppers Eager To See Station Twelve Come to Life"

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/bu...station-twelve
    Member, I drive through the lot every day and watch the work progressing. Demolition costs alone must be huge. I was concerned that the whole thing might fall apart. Out of town developers typically aren’t used to the regime of payola and corruption that dominates the approval process for such projects in western New York. I’ll be interested to see if Whole Paycheck can survive until the rest is completed. There’s already speculation that it will be shuttered by late spring. Apparently, not everyone likes paying premium prices for limited selection and quality when there are about 17 grocery stores within 6 miles. I’m really looking forward to sitting outside there a year from now and watching the traffic race by on Sheridan Drive as it showers me and my family with slush. And I’m sure that the opportunity to sweat and shop at the same place will fill a void in my life that until today I didn’t even know existed.

Anyone know the factual deal with what's going on with this Station 12 thing? I know from talking with one of the once-anticipated tenants that COVID trampled plans pretty severely. And I understand that the town Supervisor has had some tough talk about not extending building permits. Certainly, the site will become something revenue generating one way or another. What's up?

Quote Originally Posted by Member 2358 View Post
    Anyone know the factual deal with what's going on with this Station 12 thing? I know from talking with one of the once-anticipated tenants that COVID trampled plans pretty severely. And I understand that the town Supervisor has had some tough talk about not extending building permits. Certainly, the site will become something revenue generating one way or another. What's up?
    Gee Member, it was just about 22 months ago that you created this thread to sing the praises of this project. Now you’re trying to figure out what’s going on with it. You and Fatso too. Let’s see…Fatso is concerned that they’re not progressing with construction so he’s going to deny them an extension of their building permits. Well, that should get them to go to work…oh wait, maybe not. Can’t do building without a building permit. Someone really ought to so advise Fatso. Fatso, with an ego as big as his belly, is miffed that they don’t return his calls so he’s trying to screw them. All the major tenants have fled the project. While Fatso bleats that “retail only” projects don’t work, one of the signature tenants of Station 12, LL Bean, has fled to the flourishing “retail only” Consumer Square just up NFB a few blocks. There’s your update

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Gee Member, it was just about 22 months ago that you created this thread to sing the praises of this project. Now you’re trying to figure out what’s going on with it. You and Fatso too. Let’s see…Fatso is concerned that they’re not progressing with construction so he’s going to deny them an extension of their building permits. Well, that should get them to go to work…oh wait, maybe not. Can’t do building without a building permit. Someone really ought to so advise Fatso. Fatso, with an ego as big as his belly, is miffed that they don’t return his calls so he’s trying to screw them. All the major tenants have fled the project. While Fatso bleats that “retail only” projects don’t work, one of the signature tenants of Station 12, LL Bean, has fled to the flourishing “retail only” Consumer Square just up NFB a few blocks. There’s your update
    Gee, grump, since you only post whinny and crabby comments, you'll sure have 4 more years with Amherst Town Supervisor Brian Kupla, with his easy re-election to another term. I hear rumors that Brian might run for county executive if Poloncarz does not. You'd have a hay day with that.

LOL

And, hey, didn't you get the word from WNYresident (on another thread) that fat shaming is not a good thing to do here on Speakup WNY ???

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    And, hey, didn't you get the word from WNYresident (on another thread) that fat shaming is not a good thing to do here on Speakup WNY ???
    There really is no need to pick on someone's physical attributes.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    There really is no need to pick on someone's physical attributes.
    While I dont agree with the aggressive approach, it may motivate "fatso" to go on a diet ...for his health!

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Gee, grump, since you only post whinny and crabby comments, you'll sure have 4 more years with Amherst Town Supervisor Brian Kupla, with his easy re-election to another term. I hear rumors that Brian might run for county executive if Poloncarz does not. You'd have a hay day with that.

LOL

I heard the same rumors . The transition would be seamless if it happened. They’re both past masters at ripping off taxpayers to create do nothing jobs for Democratic Totalitarian asswipes and bootlicks. And I sure feel bad for calling Fatso “Fatso”. I didn’t realize simply speaking truth was shaming but I guess in today’s ambiance one cannot in any way say anything that anyone might find “offensive”. I suppose if he were left handed and I referred to him as a “southpaw” there would be someone out there offended by it because I’m picking on his physical attributes. I can sympathize…I have red hair and have always been reduced to tears when someone calls me as a “redhead”. My head isn’t red, my hair is. Oh, the pain…

I heard the same rumors . The transition would be seamless if it happened. They’re both past masters at ripping off taxpayers to create do nothing jobs for Democratic Totalitarian asswipes and bootlicks. And I sure feel bad for calling Fatso “Fatso”. I didn’t realize simply speaking truth was shaming but I guess in today’s ambiance one cannot in any way say anything that anyone might find “offensive”. I suppose if he were left handed and I referred to him as a “southpaw” there would be someone out there offended by it because I’m picking on his physical attributes. I can sympathize…I have red hair and have always been reduced to tears when someone calls me as a “redhead”. My head isn’t red, my hair is. Oh, the pain…
    OK...Carrot Top

Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    OK...Carrot Top
    Cancel…cancel…oh, the pain. I’ve already set up an appointment with my counselor.

I'd say pleasantly plump maybe, but he's not that overweight for his age.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    I'd say pleasantly plump maybe, but he's not that overweight for his age.
    Opinions vary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information