Thread: The AM&A debacle

The AM&A debacle

I laughed out load yesterday reading the comedy of errors that is the redevelopment of AM&A on Main Street. My guess is that there is no other city in the United States of America where what should be a routine redevelopment project could become so mired in a mixture of confusion and corruption. Why don’t the FBI, Dept of Labor, EPA and all the rest simply rent a big trailer, park it on site and set up satellite offices there! And, as if this display is not enough, we’re treated to the prospect that Darius Pridgen and Erkel are going to contribute their talents to this mess. Next thing you know high talker Higgins and Schumer will weigh in. Why not? They’ve already driven the DL&W rehab project and traffic on Main Street project to complete standstills through their inability to deliver federal assistance. Think what they could add to a project that’s already dead in the water!
    Last edited by grump; November 22nd, 2019 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    I laughed out load yesterday reading the comedy of errors that is the redevelopment of AM&A on Main Street. My guess is that there is no other city in the United States of America where what should be a routine redevelopment project could become so mired in a mixture of confusion and corruption. Why don’t the FBI, Dept of Labor, EPA and all the rest simply rent a big trailer, park it on site and set up satellite offices there! And, as if this display is not enough, we’re treated to the prospect that Darius Pridgen and Erkel are going to contribute their talents to this mess. Next thing you know high talker Higgins and Schumer will weigh in. Why not? They’ve already driven the DL&W rehab project and traffic on Main Street project to complete standstills through their inability to deliver federal assistance. Think what they could add to a project that’s already dead in the water!

I still am pretty confident that the original intent of this project was for Chinese birth tourism and now that this is unlikely to happen the owners are playing a slow hand....

The work may have been done poorly but there has been a good amount of asbestos cleanup done. If anything, when the building is sold or taken over, the new owners will have a better starting position.

Schumer, Higgins, Poloncarz, Erkel, and the Preacher are worthless leaders unless they are spreading around money....even them they are at best ineffective.

Leftie, a good amount of asbestos clean up done? Really? That’s what the investigations are all about!! Anyone who believes that these fancy apartments from converted factories are asbestos abated is kidding himself. We have state court judges making $200k+ a year selling their decision making for Sabre’s tix. How much do you think a city inspector’s approval costs? A double of order of wings, extra hot? This is a typical Buffalo corruption project. Did anyone on God’ green earth really believe that Chinese were going to flock to Buffalo as tourists?? Spare me!! This is exactly the type of horsesh*t that people around here are sold all the time. A signature bridge. A park at the end of the Skyway. A revitalized Central Terminal. It’s all a part of 50+ years of decline.

Leftie, a good amount of asbestos clean up done? Really? That’s what the investigations are all about!! Anyone who believes that these fancy apartments from converted factories are asbestos abated is kidding himself. We have state court judges making $200k+ a year selling their decision making for Sabre’s tix. How much do you think a city inspector’s approval costs? A double of order of wings, extra hot? This is a typical Buffalo corruption project. Did anyone on God’ green earth really believe that Chinese were going to flock to Buffalo as tourists?? Spare me!! This is exactly the type of horsesh*t that people around here are sold all the time. A signature bridge. A park at the end of the Skyway. A revitalized Central Terminal. It’s all a part of 50+ years of decline.

My understanding is the they first tried to do the asbestos in house. They are Chinese and most likely would have 'cleaned it like they were on the mainland'.... So they then got a cheap contractor...who failed. Their work is where the investigations came from. My understanding is a 3rd contractor was brought on and they did it right. Could be wrong however....

At least the basement is drained.....that was flooded for like 20 years IIRC.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Grump
    This is exactly the type of horsesh*t that people around here are sold all the time. A signature bridge. A park at the end of the Skyway. A revitalized Central Terminal. It’s all a part of 50+ years of decline.
    2 out of 3.

Seriously if it was possible it would be cool to fully utilize the Central Terminal but not with tax payer funds. The signature bridge was a waste of time as is a park at the end of the skyway.

Go to the Falls in the summer, they absolutely flock to the area. Finger Lakes too.

Did anyone on God’ green earth really believe that Chinese were going to flock to Buffalo as tourists?? Spare me!! This is exactly the type of horsesh*t that people around here are sold all the time. A signature bridge. A park at the end of the Skyway. A revitalized Central Terminal. It’s all a part of 50+ years of decline.

Grump, you didn't understand my comment.

They were coming here not to tour the sights in the area but to give birth in NYS....land of milk and honey if you have your hand out. That's why the original plan had a medical/hospital component. When you look at how much New York State bends over backwards to give away to illegal immigrants and people with their hand out....yes....they were going to come.

If Federal focus had not changed...it would have happened...

Thread Information