Thread: Good parenting - started by WNYresident

Quote Originally Posted by dgrzeb View Post
    Let's be honest here. People in this & most areas don't want Walmarts for two reasons, one they think it will kill their little home town "look", second, it may bring in people of the "wrong" color into their precious 'hoods....
    I don't care about people's color. I have more of a bigotry towards the white trash than any black, hispanic, or asian, etc. Honestly when I go to the Timmy hos on Seneca St., i never see the black people swearing loudly over there, it's always white people that are swearing at their kids and yelling.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So what do you parent think about parents who swear in front of theirs in public? Think it teaches the kids any values or respect for others around them?

I find it absolutley appauling. I am not saying I have never sweared in front of my children, everybody slips, but these parents are swearing at their children constantly and calling these children nasty names. I don't usually swear in public anyway but especially in front of children. I have said stuff to strangers who were swearing in front of children and was told to "mind my own effing business," and called a nasty four letter word.

I was in the store a few days ago and this mom was yelling at her 7 year old, not only swearing but calling the poor child stupid. I noticed most of these parents who swear loudly at their children also call their children nasty names. They tell their children they are bad instead of the behavior is bad, etc etc. These parents need to go to a parenting school.

It's like they don't know that their actions reflect to their children how people interact with eachother. I am over polite, to the point of annoyance when my kids are with me. I think I am old fashioned in some ways, if adults are talking and my children interupt i correct that behavior, most parents don't or they just yell at their children instead of saying "wait until adults are done talking."

Then theres the women across the street who is convinced something is wrong with her son when she lets him do whatever he wants (including letting the 6 year old play with fireworks and play in the street). He comes to my house follows all the rules, he wants to help me with my garden and I have had him read to my children. I told the mother how well he read and she was clueless. I don't think she ever has him read outloud. (yes the family is on welfare, food stamps, rent assistance and I think she is trying to get disability too, she's fat and has back problems).
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Thread Information