Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Loves America

Who Loves America

So Alan has some blather up on The Daily public and this little bit made me shake my head:

You know who loves America? People who leave behind every thing they own and every person they know to come to this country for a new start; for opportunity in a new world created by immigrants from all over the world.

No. Leaving behind everything that you own and going to a country does not equate to loving the country you relocate to. You can appreciate your new country, and you can be grateful you're no longer at whatever you're fleeing or leaving behind.

But to love a country, you need to embrace its culture, to assimilate into the community, and appreciate what is being given to you. After all 'love' is a two-way street, and you don't try and change what you love.

This is not to suggest that refugees or even immigrants in America must love America. Part of the reason I have a love for this country is that everyone is entitled to have and voice their beliefs. It's ok to voice hate. It's ok to say you don't agree with how things are done here.

But at the same time, it's OK and frankly should be demanded that, if you are here by choice or need and you do voice your hate towards this country that you be told to go back where you came from or to go find somewhere else.

Love is a two-way road. B*ll**** flows one way.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    So Alan has some blather up on The Daily public and this little bit made me shake my head:

You know who loves America? People who leave behind every thing they own and every person they know to come to this country for a new start; for opportunity in a new world created by immigrants from all over the world.

No. Leaving behind everything that you own and going to a country does not equate to loving the country you relocate to. You can appreciate your new country, and you can be grateful you're no longer at whatever you're fleeing or leaving behind.

But to love a country, you need to embrace its culture, to assimilate into the community, and appreciate what is being given to you. After all 'love' is a two-way street, and you don't try and change what you love.

This is not to suggest that refugees or even immigrants in America must love America. Part of the reason I have a love for this country is that everyone is entitled to have and voice their beliefs. It's ok to voice hate. It's ok to say you don't agree with how things are done here.

But at the same time, it's OK and frankly should be demanded that, if you are here by choice or need and you do voice your hate towards this country that you be told to go back where you came from or to go find somewhere else.

Love is a two-way road. B*ll**** flows one way.
    When all of our own !! American Citizens are taken care of, our Veterans, are poorly educated, our disabled, health insurance that is affordable for everyone, our infrastructure is rehabilitated , when OUR poor have enough food to eat, when OUR poor have affordable , clean housing, and we have HONEST POLITICIANS who dont put their own a$$es 1st , before those they took an oath to represent...then we can accept PROPERLY VETTED immigrants and welcome them to our country!..NO it's not RACIST ..but good common sense, to put ourselves FIRST, A long overdue change. the wealthy have been isolated from much of the serious impact this nation has incurred, inner cities, crime, poor, homeless. Politicians like Clinton who legislated NAFTA, opened the gates to what we have economically in this country and the poverty that it brought with it.

Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    When all of our own !! American Citizens are taken care of, our Veterans, are poorly educated, our disabled, health insurance that is affordable for everyone, our infrastructure is rehabilitated , when OUR poor have enough food to eat, when OUR poor have affordable , clean housing, and we have HONEST POLITICIANS who dont put their own a$$es 1st , before those they took an oath to represent...then we can accept PROPERLY VETTED immigrants and welcome them to our country!..NO it's not RACIST ..but good common sense, to put ourselves FIRST, A long overdue change. the wealthy have been isolated from much of the serious impact this nation has incurred, inner cities, crime, poor, homeless. Politicians like Clinton who legislated NAFTA, opened the gates to what we have economically in this country and the poverty that it brought with it.
    No. Not so much, no.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I read his opinion piece.

Disappointing.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The thing about authoritarian wannabe dictators is that they energize and re-energize the base of their support by casting themselves as victims. Accusing some “other” of being the cause of some great societal misfortune, the demagogue rhetorically shifts the conversation from one about national priorities into something accusatory and sinister.
    The DNC wrote the book on that Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I read his opinion piece. Disappointing.

It's rather amusing to me how so many book smart people act like an idiot and say stupid things because they don't have the ability to control their emotions. There is very little difference in actions domestically between Trump and Obama/Bush/Clinton. Trump is just as much of a narcissist as the lot of them but at least he is truthful to his crassness.

The left cries like babies over the guy who said 'grab her by the p*ssy' before he was elected but didn't have a problem with their guy shoving a cigar up the p*ssy of an intern in the oval office. The left cries about how immigrants are being treated under Trump but don't complain about how they were treated under Obama. Mostly because they really don't care about the immigrants. They just care about having something to complain about. The left cries about how Trump hates the LGBT community but wanted to put in office a cow who was against gay rights until she needed to be for them.

That's some serious mental gymnastics there.

But the most amazing part in all of this is a Jew from New York hates this President but doesn't seem to have an issue with leadership in the progressive wing of his own party hating him. Maybe he needs to be more Jewish to care? Who knows.

Alan is just as crass as Trump. It's his true colors and that's fine. I defend his right to say whatever the hell he wants to say. It's his name out there and he clearly doesn't care what people think of him when they don't share his views. But he did run for office and I'd bet my last dollar he would not have acted the same if elected. He would have played the game and not let his true colors show. That's fake. At least Trump isn't fake outside of his tan.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    That's some serious mental gymnastics there.
    The points you brought up were from the past. We are talking about the "now". Items like Hillary flip flopping, Bill being Bill, or Obama "caging" children don't count. Oh wait... Trump said something 25 years ago it's all over the news. That is what I see. Hypocrites everywhere.

The concentration camps and the White House’s daily parade of insults and embarrassments are quite difficult for people to wrap their heads around.
    As soon as Alan said "concentration camps" he jumped the shark.

The sentence above is an official statement of Alan Bedenko of the United States. Think on that for a moment.

There is no bottom with Alan Bedenko and his followers — it sinks deeper and deeper with each passing day.

As soon as Alan said "concentration camps" he jumped the shark. The sentence above is an official statement of Alan Bedenko of the United States. Think on that for a moment. There is no bottom with Alan Bedenko and his followers — it sinks deeper and deeper with each passing day.
    I would describe someone who is jewish calling them concentration camps something else. But to each their own. But I guess one can form some opinions and views when they shelter themselves white suburban enclave and only engage with like minds on twitter. Are you even allowed to be Jewish in Clarence? It doesn't look like you're allowed to be Jewish and Progressive these days but who knows.

It really is an amazing time in American politics. I mean when Nancy Pelosi is getting outflanked on her left. And progressives have for so long leveraged BS arguments like calling people Nazis, calling things they don't like concentration camps, etc that they don't know any other way to act. And now they are eating their own.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Alan?

Do you literally believe the detention centers where people here illegally are being cared for and fed are equivalent to German concentration camps where 100000's of people were exterminated, shot on site, had their belongings taken including teeth pulled for the gold and in some cases used for horrible experiments?

Alan?

Do you literally believe the detention centers where people here illegally are being cared for and fed are equivalent to German concentration camps where 100000's of people were exterminated, shot on site, had their belongings taken including teeth pulled for the gold and in some cases used for horrible experiments?
    IGNORANCE ..has many facets...to use this metamorphic statement proves it.

No, you don't, and there are a great many dead babushkas and nonnas and babcias and omas who never spoke a word of English, cooked old-world favorites, and loved America.

Depends on how you define "hate". I hate Donald Trump and think he's ruining this country. Does that mean I have to leave, now? Why didn't you leave when Obama was President, by that metric?

I like this, though - that our country is so free and attractive that you'd better like it the way some arbitrary person demands you to, otherwise go back where you came from.
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

But the most amazing part in all of this is a Jew from New York hates this President but doesn't seem to have an issue with leadership in the progressive wing of his own party hating him. Maybe he needs to be more Jewish to care? Who knows.
    Which "Jew" are you talking about?

I would describe someone who is jewish calling them concentration camps something else. But to each their own. But I guess one can form some opinions and views when they shelter themselves white suburban enclave and only engage with like minds on twitter. Are you even allowed to be Jewish in Clarence? It doesn't look like you're allowed to be Jewish and Progressive these days but who knows.
    Who's Jewish?

Alan?

Look at you concerned about semantics.

Concentration camp: "a place where large numbers of people (such as prisoners of war, political prisoners, refugees, or the members of an ethnic or religious minority) are detained or confined under armed guard".

Yes, they're concentration camps. Concentration camps existed before the Nazis, and after the Nazis. Not all concentration camps are extermination camps. Manzanar was a concentration camp. It was the illegal detention of Japanese-Americans based not on any adjudication of guilt or reasonable suspicion, but on their ethnicity alone. It is one of the deepest tragedies of American history, and this will prove to be no different. So, no, these detention centers are not Auschwitz, but Auschwitz wasn't the only kind of concentration camp.

I don't really care what people want to call these prison camps that detain people in inhumane conditions, separating children from their families, providing inadequate sanitary conditions, and which house not "illegal aliens" but refugees seeking asylum (seeking asylum is not a crime).

But they are concentration camps.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Alan,

When people say concentration camps the first image that comes to mind are German concentration camps.

What is being ran along the southern border are detention centers to hold people who are illegally entering the USA. They also administer health care for those that require it.

If you search concentration camps in google right off the bat at the top of the search

Nazi concentration camps

Auschwitz-Birkenau.
    Belzec.
    Bergen-Belsen.
    Buchenwald.
    Chelmno.
    Dachau.
    Ebensee.
    Flossenbürg.

https://www.google.com/search?source...4dUDCAc&uact=5

Saying "concentration camps" is being totally disingenuous to what is happening on the southern border.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information