Thread: Food Companies to cut calories

Food Companies to cut calories

Source: Buffalo News (May 18,2010) page A5

There was an article about how the Food companies are going to cut calories in their products.
    These companies are keeping a step ahead of the “Fat Police” (our government regulators.)

Due to the national and local efforts to raise food taxes. Have you ever met a politician who did not like a tax (no mater what they claim) and a rising tide of lawmakers preparing to write anti-obesity measures.

In the article there was this line “The companies will introduce lower calorie foods, change product recipes and reduce portion sizes.” I would bet the portion size will get smaller but the price of the product will not come down. This policy is a win win situation for the food companies.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    In the article there was this line “The companies will introduce lower calorie foods, change product recipes and reduce portion sizes.” I would bet the portion size will get smaller but the price of the product will not come down. This policy is a win win situation for the food companies.
    Bottom Line (both literally and figuratively)

Why does it always have to be a government conspiracy with you.

I'll give you a reason that a "fat tax" won't work: Some people are 'fat' simply because of genetics or other factors beyond their control. They'd have one hell of a lawsuit if the gov't decided to implement an arbitrary tax on their size or weight.

And by the way, you seem to forget that our representatives pay the same taxes we do. So yes, there are many politicians who don't like certain taxes, for a variety of reasons.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by run4it View Post

And by the way, you seem to forget that our representatives pay the same taxes we do. So yes, there are many politicians who don't like certain taxes, for a variety of reasons.

Not quite true! For example, I go to McD's for a meal, if they pace the sugar tax, i have to pay an extra amount for my super duper jumbo Pepsi (I hate coke). However when Stack goes to McD's for his lunch, that extra sugar tax comes out of his PER DIEM, which is $187 (after their nice $9 a day raise)... So no, they don't pay the same taxes as we do!

And how many times have we seen local officials get their property values lowered to skip out on taxes? How many times have they bumped up their HI costs and passed on raise, which HI plans aren't taxed (I think they should be).
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Not true

Bottom Line (both literally and figuratively)

Why does it always have to be a government conspiracy with you.

I'll give you a reason that a "fat tax" won't work: Some people are 'fat' simply because of genetics or other factors beyond their control. They'd have one hell of a lawsuit if the gov't decided to implement an arbitrary tax on their size or weight.

You must be living in a dream world. The government has an agenda to control more of our daily decisions.

When you income is low the tax hurts you more that those with a high income. If there were so many politicans who don't like tax increases why are our taxes so high?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    You must be living in a dream world. The government has an agenda to control more of our daily decisions.

When you income is low the tax hurts you more that those with a high income. If there were so many politicans who don't like tax increases why are our taxes so high?
    You see governmnet momentum and conspiracy behind every single issue. Makes you look like a tin foil hat kind of dude. A little sad...
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

It is sad

You see governmnet momentum and conspiracy behind every single issue. Makes you look like a tin foil hat kind of dude. A little sad...
    I believe the path Obama is taking this country is the wrong path. That is the reason why I see a government conspiracy with everyone of Obama's political agenda's. I don't his administration is telling the truth.

I don't have any faith in our present government and that is what is really sad.

The companies will introduce lower calorie foods, change product recipes and reduce portion sizes.” I would bet the portion size will get smaller but the price of the product will not come down. This policy is a win win situation for the food companies.
    Companies are doing this already. And in alot of cases raising the price. Just look at ice cream... peanut butter... tuna.. and a couple of examples...

Also, when your making millions of dollars a year, and living in a tax structured society that is designed for people who make less than 50K a year, 'taxes' dont really mean that much....if we taxed people who make more than 10mil a year, at 80% even, theyd still be making millions every year. however, if we tax the rest of the population at 80%... there would be riots.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Another Tax Coming?

Once again the administration is launching another trial balloon. They want to install a new tax on what they think are unhealthy foods. I don't understand on why they worry about the cost of "fat foods." When the government won't even think about the tax burden to this country of supporting unwed mothers.Could it be that the majority of these new babies when they get older will vote for the party that supports them?

Thread Information