Thread: Kohl's

Kohl's

Hey Rising:

Where did you get the information that a Cheektowaga resident is suing Kohl's? I haven't seen that one in any press release. How are you privy to that info?

Pudge

Hey Pudge:

I don't rely on the newspapers for my information.
    I'm not any more privy than your average citizen. I'm part of the community, I speak to people, and I keep my ears open.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    SOmeone is acutally suing Kolhs? Just for wanting to build in lancaster or cheektowaga? Why would anyone in general su kolhs when they are poping up new builds everywhere in WNY. What is this kolhs doing to the community that someone would want to sue them from opening?

They're suing the Town of Lancaster, nit Kohl's.
    Why would they do it?
    You'd have to ask the C.A.V.E. People
    (Citizens Against Virtually Everything).

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I was surprized no one didn't want a kolhs seeing they don't really want a walmart. I dont blame them in the least. I wouldn't want one along the side of my house. That right there is more than enough reason to not allow it.

Business developers should use the existing Business used areas now. You see so many empty buildings in wny why should they build anywhere until those other buildings are full..

It makes more sense if the resident is only suing the town, and not Kohl's. The town continues to act as it has for years in giving developers what they want - as most towns do.

"Spot rezones" and approvals to build in areas that negatively impact the neighborhoods are a way of life in Lancaster. But then again, its the special interest groups that fund political campaigns and pay back can be a "bitch" for the residents.

pudge

Kolhs/ Walmart

Everyone is putting up such a fuss about Kolhs or WalMart coming to Lancaster or Cheektowaga.
    Why doesn't someone do something about all the housing going up and taking land. People complain about the deer and other wild animals, Lord your taking away there living space.

Thread Information