Thread: Bills 2020 Draft

Bills 2020 Draft

Please tell me the Bills are not seriously considering drafting a wide receiver from Notre Dame! Well, maybe with a 7th round pick....maybe. The Bills have a record of failed picks from this grotesquely overrated football program. Walt Patulski and Tony Hunter to name a couple. Why not just trade the draft pick for 3 or 4 kicking tees. At least the team will have something in return.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Please tell me the Bills are not seriously considering drafting a wide receiver from Notre Dame! Well, maybe with a 7th round pick....maybe. The Bills have a record of failed picks from this grotesquely overrated football program. Walt Patulski and Tony Hunter to name a couple. Why not just trade the draft pick for 3 or 4 kicking tees. At least the team will have something in return.

1983 and 1972 are the draft years for those players, ya boomer!

Buffalo would do very well in drafting Chase Claypool but you can keep holding this clearly ignorant grudge from 40 years ago.

Aw Leftie, it’s hardly an ignorant grudge. They were busts, pure and simple. If anything that program has gotten weaker over the years.

Aw Leftie, it’s hardly an ignorant grudge. They were busts, pure and simple. If anything that program has gotten weaker over the years.
    Are they LSU, Alabama, Ohio State, or Clemson? No. They don't pay players and they force the kids to go to classes. There was a quote from Joe Burrow this winter where he said he was excited to go to the bowl game so that he could meet the students at LSU. He transferred from OSU, and 'he took' 100% of his classes online from his off campus apartment. He essentially commuted to the office for work each day. The office was the football facility. ND is never going to be like that.

That said, ND is 33-6 over the last 3 years. That's the best run for the program since the early 90s. The point here is you don't know what you're talking about and clearly hold a 40 year old grudge.

Wouldn't put it past you to be a Michigan fan.

Nope. Definitely not a Michigan fan. You and I had an extended exchange about this last year, I think. The graduation rates at most of the schools you mentioned are comparable. If Notre Dame offers on line courses it’s cutting edge education for the new millennium. If everyone else does they’re copping out their educational obligations. This is the same old argument,repackaged, the ND fans raise when they’re confronted with the realities of the graduation rate. That other schools aren’t as “rigorous” as Notre Dame so it’s really superior. The fact is that that argument is objectively unprovable but it does fit in nicely with ND’s long history of self-mythologizing. What is objectively verifiable is ND’s putrid record against Top Five opponents over the last 2+ decades. If memory serves that record is 1-17 over the last 20 years.
    Last edited by grump; March 5th, 2020 at 10:57 PM.

Nope. Definitely not a Michigan fan. You and I had an extended exchange about this last year, I think. The graduation rates at most of the schools you mentioned are comparable. If Notre Dame offers on line courses it’s cutting edge education for the new millennium. If everyone else does they’re copping out their educational obligations. This is the same old argument,repackaged, the ND fans raise when they’re confronted with the realities of the graduation rate. That other schools aren’t as “rigorous” as Notre Dame so it’s really superior. The fact is that that argument is objectively unprovable but it does fit in nicely with ND’s long history of self-mythologizing. What is objectively verifiable is ND’s putrid record against Top Five opponents over the last 2+ decades. If memory serves that record is 1-17 over the last 20 years.

Nope. The grad rates are not the same. Notre Dame graduated 73 percent of its African-American student-athletes, ranking behind only Duke, Vanderbilt, Stanford, Northwestern and Rice. Alabama is at 55.6%. Notre Dame graduated a four-year average of 85 percent of its student-athletes, fourth behind Northwestern (92 percent), Duke (91) and Stanford (88). Alabama is 41.0%. They are not even close. In order to get a 5th year at Notre Dame you MUST be admitted to graduate studies. In comparison at the other schools, players course loads are put on a 5 year plan from the start to just graduate. I know you have a grudge here but to not give respect to how ND treats their STUDENTS athletes just makes you look ignorant.

As for the record of ND vs top 5 teams, you're 100% correct. I started my correction of your ignorance in saying ND was not like those programs. As a ND fan, I am happy with 33 wins over 3 seasons. Happy with seeing kids get their education and not being treated like cattle.

You're entitled to your opinion of course but it's based in a lot of ignorance.

And you’re entitled to your opinion, clouded as it is by ND’s long history of self-mythologizing. I wouldn’t waste a first round pick on any player from ND and you would based on their (alleged) attendance at class. The funny part is if you look around the league I think you’ll find most teams agree with me.

And you’re entitled to your opinion, clouded as it is by ND’s long history of self-mythologizing. I wouldn’t waste a first round pick on any player from ND and you would based on their (alleged) attendance at class. The funny part is if you look around the league I think you’ll find most teams agree with me.
    That's why you're a football biased boomer. 3 of the 5 ALL Pro linemen from last season were from Notre Dame. ND has 25 active players in the NFL. While Alabama has 56, Georgia has 29, Pedo State has 28, and Clemson has 27. Again, you don't know what you're talking about here. But that's ok.

Leftie, the Bills went and ruined our argument! I think it was a pretty good trade though. Diggs is a proven commodity and he sounds like a bulldog in fights for toss up passes. They can still grab another tall guy later if they need it which I think they do. Actually, they could probably do worse than Claypool if he were there on day 2. He always kinda looked to me like a receiver in a running back’s body. But ya gotta admit some of their first round picks from ND have been UGLY.

Thread Information