Thread: Siebert Rd subdivision public hearing

Siebert Rd subdivision public hearing

It is nice to see that the Lancaster Sun reported on the Siebert subdivision planning board public hearing

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    It is nice to see that the Lancaster Sun reported on the Siebert subdivision planning board public hearing

Thanks for posting, Gorga. It led me to listening to the 9-4-19 Planning Board recording.

Although the Siebert Road public hearing was but a ‘listening hearing’ it gave the residents an opportunity to voice their concerns. People addressing the Planning Board did present myriad reasons for their opposing the development – traffic & traffic safety issues, flooding & drainage issues and wetlands present and the consequences of filling them in. The fact that there is a floodplain present was missed in the public commentary.

I found it interesting that significant amount of time was spent on traffic & traffic safety issues – especially in making left turns out of Siebert onto William Street. Yes, the Lancaster William Street Schools sits adjacent (east) of Siebert and impacts left turn traffic from Siebert onto William – absent signalization.

As the William Street traffic flows west to Transit Road the volume of traffic increases significantly, making left hand turns onto William even more hazardous long the way.

And at this same meeting, the Planning Board recommended site plan approval for Rachel’s Mediterranean Restaurant to open a business in a building that was originally approved to house retail businesses. The site plan approval was made possible by the Zoning Board of Appeals granting a 35-parking space variance (193 to 158) for the Aldi complex.

Traffic and traffic safety issues on William Street from overdevelopment and continuing development along a two-lane county road, does anyone really care.

And A Chick-fil-A and a neighboring Transit Road Delta Sonic soon to follow.

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    And at this same meeting, the Planning Board recommended site plan approval for Rachel’s Mediterranean Restaurant to open a business in a building that was originally approved to house retail businesses. The site plan approval was made possible by the Zoning Board of Appeals granting a 35-parking space variance (193 to 158) for the Aldi complex.

There was one 'NO' vote - Lawrence Korzeniewski

Georgia L Schlager

Cars fly down siebert, just as it states in the article. I tried to get the speed limit lowered around 10 years ago and a stop sign put in, but it was deemed that 40 was fine and a stop sign was unnecessary according to a traffic study that was supposedly done.

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    Cars fly down siebert, just as it states in the article. I tried to get the speed limit lowered around 10 years ago and a stop sign put in, but it was deemed that 40 was fine and a stop sign was unnecessary according to a traffic study that was supposedly done.
    What about coming out of Sagebrush? If it truly is a blindspot, wouldn't it be a safety issue rather than the need for a study on traffic counts?
    Or is that all part of the study? Maybe, with the new change in guard in the police department, the stop sign issue could be revisited.

Georgia L Schlager

It certainly is. I'm hoping they take it seriously this time now that there are more people living on the east side of Siebert with many more children. My children head over to those houses and the kids over there come to mine. I'm still baffled as to why the developer of these houses was not required to install sidewalks per the code.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Are there sidewalks on one side of the road? We don't have sidewalks on one side of the road. I'm fine with that.

Given the number of new houses, there should have been sidewalks along the full length. Instead, the town selectively follows the code.

Red lines where there are no sidewalks. All of the houses on the right hand side are new.
    Capture6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    Given the number of new houses, there should have been sidewalks along the full length. Instead, the town selectively follows the code.

Red lines where there are no sidewalks. All of the houses on the right hand side are new.
    Capture6.jpg
    I've wondered how that worked as some of the new houses on Pleasantview near Pavement seemed to be without sidewalks too.
    I have no idea what the criteria is in making those decisions.

Georgia L Schlager

Same here on Central Ave. My late neighbor told me the sidewalk went in on the east side when they built the high school.
    We have none on our side in the town part of Central. I don't have to worry about shoveling it in the winter

Georgia L Schlager

I've wondered how that worked as some of the new houses on Pleasantview near Pavement seemed to be without sidewalks too.
    I have no idea what the criteria is in making those decisions.

It's very nice to see the sidewalks finally in on Pleasantview at the east end in front of the Cross creek subdivision

Georgia L Schlager

It's very nice to see the sidewalks finally in on Pleasantview at the east end in front of the Cross creek subdivision
    I'm still waiting for sidewalks from the old portion of Sagebrush, to the new portion. It's only been about 17 years....

Thread Information