Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Satish Mohan Watch

Satish Mohan Watch

Mohan is redecorating his office, last evening the maintenance workers were removing the wallpaper and painting the entire office.

Were they paid overtime? Was this budgeted?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Was it volunteers? If i was supervisor I would of just done it myself or paid for it directly myself. If it didn't need to be changed it doesn't get changed

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Re: Satish Mohan Watch

Originally posted by amherst resident
    Mohan is redecorating his office, last evening the maintenance workers were removing the wallpaper and painting the entire office.

So when did you jump on the anti satish band wagon?

I bet Bill Kindel is helping Satish to wallpaper his office. Since they are at peace with each other, they decided to work together as a team to save the taxpayers money.

Ooppps---I must have been dreaming.

It was Town of Amherst maintenance workers.

It was Town of Amherst maintenance workers.
    He should have been able to get the employees who are getting paid for not working to do the job!

Unregistered

Would it matter to you if it was someone other than Dr. Mohan?

I'm assuming this is Grelick's old office.

When was the last time she repainted it?

Hmmm. Should I assume you're OK when somebody you like does this, or am I jumping the gun?

I heard Mohan is still teaching at the University. Anyone know if it is true?

A friend of mine told me that University professors get 200 days sick pay when they retire. Mohan bashed a police officer who put his life on the line for 30+ years for getting his sick pay, anyone know if Mohan will take his sick pay or ever tried to object to other professors getting this benefit?

Also heard he refused to take Grelick's old car because he could charge the Town for mileage and make some extra money. To boost his retirement?

I heard Mohan is still teaching at the University. Anyone know if it is true?

A friend of mine told me that University professors get 200 days sick pay when they retire. Mohan bashed a police officer who put his life on the line for 30+ years for getting his sick pay, anyone know if Mohan will take his sick pay or ever tried to object to other professors getting this benefit?

Also heard he refused to take Grelick's old car because he could charge the Town for mileage and make some extra money. To boost his retirement?
    1) What if he is? Is there now something wrong with teaching as an adjunct faculty member?

2) The difference here is that students pay tuition in college...as opposed to mandated payments via property taxes paying for police...and yeah, the state funds a big part of SUNY but the state- and the feds- also fund a big part of ALL colleges. Do you have an issue with retirement policies at Canisius, UofR, RIT, etc? Just curious.

3) It's clear from your issue here you haven't thought things out very well, have you? For starters, if he's getting the same mileage rate as the IRS specifies, this is a complete non-issue. Who pays for the oil changes in Grelick's car? Tires? Preventive maintenance? Repairs? Insurance? If it's a lease, who's paying the lease payments?

Originally posted by Gandalf
    He should have been able to get the employees who are getting paid for not working to do the job!
    They would be working out of title!!

Originally posted by colossus27
    1) What if he is? Is there now something wrong with teaching as an adjunct faculty member?

2) The difference here is that students pay tuition in college...as opposed to mandated payments via property taxes paying for police...and yeah, the state funds a big part of SUNY but the state- and the feds- also fund a big part of ALL colleges. Do you have an issue with retirement policies at Canisius, UofR, RIT, etc? Just curious.

3) It's clear from your issue here you haven't thought things out very well, have you? For starters, if he's getting the same mileage rate as the IRS specifies, this is a complete non-issue. Who pays for the oil changes in Grelick's car? Tires? Preventive maintenance? Repairs? Insurance? If it's a lease, who's paying the lease payments?
    Is he getting paid to work as an adjunct faculty member? He is getting two big fat taxpayer checks? Lifetime health benefits, 200 sick days!

Apparently what is good enough for the goose is not good enough for the gander.

Is he getting paid to work as an adjunct faculty member? He is getting two big fat taxpayer checks? Lifetime health benefits, 200 sick days!

Apparently what is good enough for the goose is not good enough for the gander.
    You're taking issue with the fact that he's getting paid as an adjunct? How often do you do professional-level work for free?

SO...let's apply your metric elsewhere...are there any public school teachers you know teaching in a public school on the side for free?

Do you have any idea as to what little adjunct faculty get paid?

I didn't think so. If you knew, you wouldn't take issue with this. It's certainly not a "big fat taxpayer check".

This logic of yours- if that's the word for it- is completely beyond my ken. You're really clutching at straws here.

SM and Police

S M met with the police union president on Thurs.
    The verdict from the pres. "this guy doesn't have a clue".
    He walked out of there shaking his head like the duck in the Yogi Berra commercial.
    Sorry Amherst taxpayers, but this guy better get wise quick, or this town is going to be paying through the nose, and every other orifice for his mismanagement.
    This WILL get serious!

Seems Piggy to me

If Mohan is teaching as an adjunct faculty member and is also at the same time Town Supervisor, he is boosting the retirement income of his two taxpayer funded retirement checks.

Seems piggy!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information