Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lancaster 2019 election

[QUOTE=gorja;1896729]

I never have said anything about anyone being disqualified for election vote consideration. Apparently, you and Mark feel that you are the only ones entitled to an opinion.
    Nah, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but no one is entitled to alter the facts. Please don’t play the victim when someone challenges your facts or opinions.

FYI - She voted twice for the tax levy override law. Once when there wasn't a lot of wiggle room between the budget and the tax cap. The other time, it was not.
    Disturbing to you, BS to me as nothing came out of it and an explanation was given as to the reason for the judicious move.

As far as Gaczewski's track record, you tell me. What has been fiscally responsible in her voting record? It was Ruffino who got the ball rolling on the meeting recordings being placed on the website for transparency. Compare the two of them in the same time frame that they worked together on the same board. What did she do that was so special?
    I am not out to compare candidates but to rebut some of the claims you are making to support Ruffino; claims made on his palm card and by his personal messaging.

Ruffino was not the one who got the ball rolling on getting meeting recordings on the town website. Nor did he get the ball rolling on removing health insurance / stipends for part-time town employees.

There are other things Ruffino is taking credit for that he did not instigate but may have resolution sponsored because the matter was in the committee he chaired.

Because Mr. Ruffino says it doesn’t make it so. Team player? Questionable!

Politics as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I never have said anything about anyone being disqualified for election vote consideration. Apparently, you and Mark feel that you are the only ones entitled to an opinion.
    My opinions and supporting facts, which on occasion dissent from those which you freely express, are properly presented in a forum designed for such purposes.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 18th, 2019 at 08:37 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    Ruffino was not the one who got the ball rolling on getting meeting recordings on the town website.
    In my opinion, it was him. If you remember, you had suggested it at an earlier board meeting.
    Then, it was on the agenda the following meeting.

Originally posted by gorja:
    WOW!!!! Ruffino is the freakin' BOMB!!!

Monday night's agenda -
    13. Ruffino/_________Mandate Audio Recording Of SEQR Meeting & Work Sessions
    [Meetings]

25. Ruffino/________ Approve Estimate Technet Task Group Re: Design, Implementation
    &Training For Uploading Audio Recordings On Website [Meetings]
    Posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    Indeed!

Transparency/credibility/integrity to the max and with only at a cost of $450 to train an individual to transfer the recordings to the Town website.

It will be interesting to hear what the other board members have to say on the matter when at first some board members and the Town Clerk believed the recordings could not be posted on the website.
    He listened whether you agree or not. IMO, he listened.
    https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...=1#post1738375

Previous to that, Ruffino was the one who initiated the audio recording of the other meetings (planning and zoning). In fact, the night that that resolution was presented as the night you requested they put them on the website

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    My opinions and supporting facts, which on occasion dissent from those which you freely express, are properly presented in a forum designed for such purposes.
    I think Dawn needs a new spokesperson on SPEAKUP WNY!

How could you have any credibility whatsoever when you encourage someone you disagree with to commit suicide - in the pathetic backhanded way this creep wrote just two years ago????

There are ways of determining a knife's sharpness, but please don't run one over your wrists or across your throat.
    I know Mark has been called a bully more than once this summer on here, and this goes far beyond bullying. It's SICK!

How anyone could take anything written by this man seriously is just crazy.

And he's trying to tell people how to vote?????????

God help anyone who has to live with this man.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    I think Dawn needs a new spokesperson on SPEAKUP WNY!
    I am not anyone's spokesperson, and the next supervisor of Lancaster certainly does not need my help on Speak Up.

But more importantly, she certainly does not need advise from a hyperbolic misogynist like you...

Originally Posted by Breezy Of course, like the political prostitutes that they have become, street walkers Sojka and Gaczewski

Do you not know that this is a forum for Lancaster residents and taxpayers to express* their minds?
    Unlike you, I am a Lancaster resident expressing my thoughts.

How could you have any credibility whatsoever when you encourage someone you disagree with to commit suicide - in the pathetic backhanded way this creep wrote just two years ago????
    Seeing mirages and not seeing words that are present again "Breezy? What's next psychedelic colors and UFO's?

To your twisted interpretative comment, no, it was last year, not two years ago, that you applied the same convoluted interpretation to a comment which clearly said the direct opposite.

Originally Posted by mark blazejewski

There are ways of determining a knife's sharpness, but please don't run one over your wrists or across your throat.
    I know you offer nothing in the way of facts or serious political discourse, but I am surprised that you do not know the difference between "please run" and "please do not run."

Your current FAKE NEWS presentation is a desperate rehash of the exact same twisted interpretation that you offered on November 1, 2018 on your classy* *"Collins, Colby = Pigs at the Trump Trough ="

To wit:
    Thankfully, you never*implied*violent images or encouraged suicide like Mark Blazejewski did.

I know Mark has been called a bully more than once this summer on here, and this goes far beyond bullying. It's SIC
    Yea, by Ruffino's "Troika of Trouble:" Gorja, Shortstuff, and you "Breezy," or "Bobby" who* fuse and confuse dissent with bullying.

How anyone could take anything written by this man seriously is just crazy.

And he's trying to tell people how to vote?????????
    How can anyone take seriously an anonymous party hack...

(1) Who cowardly hides behind a screen name?

(2) Who for the most part offers nothing in the way of facts,* or positively contributes to thoughtful political discourse?

(3) Who relies strictly on name calling to support its candidates?

(4) Who, by his own words strongly suggests that political passion is more important than the fight against racism?

Originally Posted by Breezy Is Dennis Gorski so hell bent on putting more*property tax raising fools*into the county that he would be part of a racist campaign?

Kristy Mazurek -*RACIST
    Steve Pigeon -*RACIST
    Frank Max -*RACIST
    Dennis Gorski -*RACIST

SHAME - SHAME - SHAME
    Originally Posted by Breezy
    Anyway, I was happy to see Dennis Gorski win the town justice slot in Cheektowaga a few years back.
    Simply put, I don't give a rat's ass * who anyone votes for, especially you O' Non -Lancaster Resident. I am just expressing my opinions; why I feel the way I do.

God help anyone who has to live with this man.
    How is my family relevant to the campaign for Supervisor and Town Council?

You really need to keep them out of it.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 19th, 2019 at 12:45 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    In my opinion, it was him. If you remember, you had suggested it at an earlier board meeting.
    Then, it was on the agenda the following meeting.

He listened whether you agree or not. IMO, he listened.
    https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...=1#post1738375

Previous to that, Ruffino was the one who initiated the audio recording of the other meetings (planning and zoning). In fact, the night that that resolution was presented as the night you requested they put them on the website
    Yes Gorga, he listened and sponsored the resolutions you mention, and I gave him credit for that.

He was not instrumental in getting the ‘ball rolling’ on improving the town website or supporting residents in their request to having the town recordings placed on the website.

Sponsoring the resolution came under the purview of the committee chair overseeing such matters of interest.

BTW, just to emphasize lest you become upset:

Dumb people do dumb things. I think that is why product liability issues require manufacturers and businesses to post what might be considered very obvious cautions on very simple things.

In my opinion, you are a dumb person. In the post to which I responded, you raised the issue of a dull knife. As such, my caution served as my form of a product liability caution.

Surely you have more important things to do in support of the county races, and plenty of fish to fry in those contests, than to focus on the comments of one non-affiliated, out-of-the-loop, Lancaster resident.

Ya know what I mean, super bully?

Oh yea, I almost forgot, when are you going to answer this question?...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec

Hey Breezy: What do you think? Is Terranova getting screwed over by her / your party? If not, why not. You have the inside track as a political operative. Educate us!
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 19th, 2019 at 01:36 PM.

Buffalo News Letter: Let’s agree to disagree, with respect for all views.

I have written several letters bemoaning the state of political discourse in this city as evidenced by the Letters to the Editor. I shuttered as I read the recent low point. Since when does taking an opposite political position from another make you a hero? Or supporting the party in power a bully? Is that what we in America have become?

The ability to voice an opposition political opinion without threat of reprisal may be the singular thing that defines American liberty. Respecting an opposing view is the first step in engaging in meaningful dialogue. Meaningful dialogue can lead to an honest exchange of ideas and philosophies that can educate and change minds. Instead we have name calling, posturing and threats.

Instead of writing letters cloaking yourself in the flag and the superman virtues, make a positive contribution to our city’s discourse. If you are a Trump supporter tell us why with supporting facts not slogans. However please note that criticism without an offer of positive alternatives is of no value as to where we go from here. I fully admit that I have been guilty of such indifference since the current morass of political stagnation began with the Clinton administration and the congressional opposition at the time. Can we not do better?

Pollyanna for sure. However, we have to start somewhere. If I knew how, I would try and start a “#its my responsibility” campaign designed to accept responsibility for my inaction that has contributed to the status quo. I would use it as a prod to myself and others to take positive political action. Get active, contribute. Support a candidate.

For those who say individual action may not be enough, perhaps I should assert a plea of “#only together.” Stress that real change can only come from a common desire across political lines to effect change. The first step is acknowledging the validity of the basic principle of meaningful debate. That is, I may strongly disagree with what you say, but I will defend to my death your right to say it. Free of name calling but replete with respect.

Comment

Spot on!

We all need to keep these words in mind!

If putting recordings on the website and voting no to two tax cap overrides as political gamesmanship is all Ruffino has to hang his hat on in 18 years as a councilman.... woof

Oh wait, I forgot about the clocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    Oh wait, I forgot about the clocks!
    Hey Neubs, 10 years later, after additional support for high tax and spend budgets, and two additional absences for budget votes, not much has changed.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 19th, 2019 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Buffalo News Letter: Let’s agree to disagree, with respect for all views.

I have written several letters bemoaning the state of political discourse in this city as evidenced by the Letters to the Editor. I shuttered as I read the recent low point. Since when does taking an opposite political position from another make you a hero? Or supporting the party in power a bully? Is that what we in America have become?

The ability to voice an opposition political opinion without threat of reprisal may be the singular thing that defines American liberty. Respecting an opposing view is the first step in engaging in meaningful dialogue. Meaningful dialogue can lead to an honest exchange of ideas and philosophies that can educate and change minds. Instead we have name calling, posturing and threats.

Instead of writing letters cloaking yourself in the flag and the superman virtues, make a positive contribution to our city’s discourse. If you are a Trump supporter tell us why with supporting facts not slogans. However please note that criticism without an offer of positive alternatives is of no value as to where we go from here. I fully admit that I have been guilty of such indifference since the current morass of political stagnation began with the Clinton administration and the congressional opposition at the time. Can we not do better?

Pollyanna for sure. However, we have to start somewhere. If I knew how, I would try and start a “#its my responsibility” campaign designed to accept responsibility for my inaction that has contributed to the status quo. I would use it as a prod to myself and others to take positive political action. Get active, contribute. Support a candidate.

For those who say individual action may not be enough, perhaps I should assert a plea of “#only together.” Stress that real change can only come from a common desire across political lines to effect change. The first step is acknowledging the validity of the basic principle of meaningful debate. That is, I may strongly disagree with what you say, but I will defend to my death your right to say it. Free of name calling but replete with respect.

Comment

Spot on!

We all need to keep these words in mind!
    I agree.

Georgia L Schlager

In my opinion, you are a dumb person. In the post to which I responded, you raised the issue of a dull knife. As such, my caution served as my form of a product liability caution.
    Mark,

You run a website where members advocate for the murder of members of Congress.

You yourself imply that someone you oppose should use a razor on "your wrists or across your throat."

And now you are instructing people how they should vote????

UNBELIEVEABLE!!

Is it any wonder no one take anything you write seriously?

Mark,

You run a website where members advocate for the murder of members of Congress.

You yourself imply that someone you oppose should use a razor on "your wrists or across your throat."

And now you are instructing people how they should vote????

UNBELIEVEABLE!!

Is it any wonder no one take anything you write seriously?
    What is the name of the website "Breezy?'
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 21st, 2019 at 09:28 AM.

You can only get this...

...from this...

There are ways of determining a knife's sharpness, but please don't run one over your wrists or across your throat...
    ...if you are either delusional, stupid, a liar, or can't read?

Ah, a question for great minds "Breezy"...

not sure if your delusional or really that stupid.jpg
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 21st, 2019 at 09:29 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information