Thread: Much progress for women in 100 years, but much work to do

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Much progress for women in 100 years, but much work to do

Much progress for women in 100 years, but much work to do

By Kathy Hochul

Monday, on Women’s Equality Day, we celebrate the passage of the 19th Amendment guaranteeing women the right to vote. It took decades of immense sacrifice and hard work by countless suffragettes. New York women were on the front lines of that effort and organized in Seneca Falls in 1848 for what ultimately resulted in the women’s rights movement.
    https://buffalonews.com/2019/08/25/a...ch-work-to-do/

But nearly a century after the passage of women’s suffrage, women’s rights and equality are still under attack, and it’s clear we need more women in office to prevent our country from moving backwards.
    So her opinion is we need more women in office. Will she be endorsing Lynn Dixon for County Exec this round?

Women’s representation in government is embarrassingly low compared to other countries.
    I hope she sets an example for everyone to follow. Lynn Dixon for County Exec.

Women’s Equality Day is also a call for women to take action, run for office and claim our rightful positions of power. That’s why I use my platform to fight battles women have faced throughout my life, because I’ve had to face many of them, too. And I recognize my experience is different from that of other women, and that’s why I want to elevate the voices of women from all walks of life.
    Would Kathy endorsing Lynn help her win the County Exec seat?

I see she is going off the deep end

We still have a long way to go to achieve equality. Recent mass shootings across the country bring to light the prominent role misogyny plays in culture and society. There is no doubt hatred towards women is embedded in the root of the problem. In New York, we banned guns from domestic abusers, and that’s only one example of what we’re doing to improve the lives of women.
    I didn't know that mass shootings were targeting just women or how ever she related hatred towards women with mass shootings.

On Women’s Equality Day, I implore everyone to continue the fight for women to be treated as equals. We can achieve that by supporting women who are in office, encouraging more women to run for office and lifting up the voices of those on the sidelines. That’s how we honor New York’s legacy as the birthplace of the women’s rights movement. Our time is now.
    Has Lynn receive Kathy's endorsement yet?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Breezy?

How does one get an endorsement from Kathy.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Apparently Jeremy and support crew didn't catch the opinion piece from Kathy Hochul. I'm sure they must contact each other occasionally.

Now I'm wondering if the woman on our cheektowaga town board are going to help Lynn Dixon become our next County Exec. Have we ever had a woman county exec?

But nearly a century after the passage of women’s suffrage, women’s rights and equality are still under attack, and it’s clear we need more women in office to prevent our country from moving backwards.

On Women’s Equality Day, I implore everyone to continue the fight for women to be treated as equals. We can achieve that by supporting women who are in office, encouraging more women to run for office and lifting up the voices of those on the sidelines. That’s how we honor New York’s legacy as the birthplace of the women’s rights movement. Our time is now.

Meet the “independent” candidate for County Executive. (The Buffalo News 8/27/19)

https://www.facebook.com/eriecountyd...56209034530919

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Breezy?
    It's interesting that you use this tactic today, yet, back when I was writing in support of Diane B. in Cheektowaga in 2015, and Dawn G. in Lancaster the same year, and other women running in other races, as women candidates, you pummeled me for me saying people should vote for the person and not the gender. They should be qualified women you crowed over and over. You can't just replace a man for a woman simply on gender, you wrote. Now this?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm just learning from the DNC playbook. I thought you would be proud of me. You run elections based on identity politics.

And yes you should vote for the person not the color of their skin or gender. Lets not forget you need to watch what they do not just what they say.

So what is up with Kathy Hochul? I'm just taking her lead.

Don't you want to see our first woman County Exec and give hope to all women who want to run for office?

You run elections based on identity politics.
    Say what???

So what is up with Kathy Hochul? I'm just taking her lead.
    I think she would support Mark since he is doing a great job. Why do you not support Mark? You could certainly call Kathy's office for comment.

Don't you want to see our first woman County Exec and give hope to all women who want to run for office?
    I am for Mark, not against Lynn. We'll see great things from Lynn regardless. I think Mark does an excellent job.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I don't know about mark anymore. Remember he ran and pointed out the condition of our county parks? Now we have our comptroller running around pointing out how the parks weren't taken care of. Is our comptroller wrong?

It's not what Kathy said in the news paper.

I am for Mark, not against Lynn. We'll see great things from Lynn regardless. I think Mark does an excellent job.
    I don't have an opinion either way at this point. But one thing I do know is Mark is a supporting member of the DNC and we have witness the utter BS that has come from that group.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Right from the Erie County Democratic Committee Facebook page

“The message is that this candidate is independent, she is neither a Republican nor a Democrat...”

Except that Dixon sits and votes with the GOP in the county legislature, has the GOP endorsement, and welcomes support from Trump backers like Rep. Elise Stefanik.

Very “independent.”

Right about one thing, though: She’s definitely not a Democrat.
    But she is a woman right? So what is she's not a democrat. Remember that opinion from Kathy Hochul. Maybe she doesn't know Lynn is running against Mark. Our time is now and it's time to have our first woman County Executive. Isn't that right Breezy?

It's referring to this article

Dixon launches campaign ad as county executive election gets serious

You might say “preseason” has ended, and the real campaign for county executive officially begins Tuesday when Republican candidate Lynne M. Dixon unveils a new television ad.

Subscribing to the conventional wisdom that voters begin following politics after Labor Day, Dixon now launches a new 30-second spot on broadcast and cable television as well social media. And though incumbent Democrat Mark C. Poloncarz is expected to follow soon with his own television effort, Republicans say the Dixon ad signifies she is raising the kind of money needed to fuel a serious challenge.
    https://buffalonews.com/2019/09/03/d...-gets-serious/

Isn't that right Breezy?
    If she wins she sure will be the 1st woman to hold that office. But you seem extraordinarily insincere casually throwing around the woman card when you don't back it up with any policy reasons to vote. When you slashed me over and over a few years back you seem to had forgot to read my extensive policy reasons for backing those women. Personally, the parks stuff does not move me one way or the other. I saw the ad you mention and don't think politics and party are what voters really care about, though, being Republican can't help too much with Trump still around the shadows of people's voting sensibilities.

Thread Information