Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pleasantview truck traffic

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Dated July 30, 2019. Rec'd by the supervisor's office AUg 2, Rec'd by the town clerk's office Aug 5.

It's the first communication. You won't have to look too far.
    https://lancasterny.gov/document-cen...ions/file.html
    I thank ya ma'am.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Dated July 30, 2019. Rec'd by the supervisor's office AUg 2, Rec'd by the town clerk's office Aug 5.

It's the first communication. You won't have to look too far.
    https://lancasterny.gov/document-cen...ions/file.html
    I would be entirely remiss if I did not thank Ms. Ciccotti for her passionate advocacy.

As a resident of Pleasant View Drive, she, unlike her neighbor Mr. Ruffino, seems to have prioritized the concerns she so clearly stated, and has offered a rather thoughtful remedy for Town Council consideration.

Residents such as Ms. Ciccotti serve to illustrate that Lancaster is blessed with concerned citizens, willing to express fresh ideas, that tend to goad into action, those long-time, stale-thinking incumbents, that wrongly assume a comfortable, near-irrevocable hold on power.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 17th, 2019 at 03:15 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

On August 15, 2019, Gorja kindly clarified a question that I posed regarding commentary during the August 8, 2019 Poloncarz "County Executive On Your Corner" meeting...

I can assure you that Ruffino did not ask Poloncarz to set the speed limit as the town does that. He was asking about getting some signage on Transit Rd to alerting truck traffic of not using Pleasantview. The idea is to to try to have the county when sitting with the state DOT bring to light the issue. Once the trucks see the signage on Pleasantview, it's too late. They are already on the road. If there was signage on Transit before accessing Pleasantview, maybe they'd adhere to the reg. You can't post police on Pleasantview all day long
    It appears to me that the concern(s) had been already raised prior to April 30, 2019, and fully addressed May 22, 2019...

More stage craft by The Great Lord Lawrence Ruffino?

Yea, the letter is so revealing, you need to read it twice.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 25th, 2019 at 11:47 AM.

That's nice. It would have been even nicer if the mayor of the village conveyed this information to the town.

Georgia L Schlager

That's nice. It would have been even nicer if the mayor of the village conveyed this information to the town.
    Ruffino is a 18-year incumbent Town Councilman, why did he not query the NYS DOT earlier?

Is he out of touch with the needs of the people of Lancaster, and more concerning, perhaps with the functiong(s) of the government of a component town subdivision, or was he too busy texting to lend time and focus to the issue?

Perhaps Supervisor Coleman was correct when she observed:

“Ron, when was the last time you were in Town Hall and observed anything that goes on here; except for coming to town board meetings?”---Supervisor Johanna Coleman, August 19, 2019

All of that aside, I understand that Ruffino lives on Pleasant View Drive.

Surely with all of the publicity given Pleasant View issues during the last year, he must have know of the problem. (Does Ruffino ever wash his house windows which have a southern view? Just askin'.)

BTW, why did he ask Poloncarz, a county official, this question publicly at a high-profile meeting, when the signs are a state DOT issue?

Out of touch with state and county government as well?

Yikes!!!

Or was the County Executive On Your Corner meeting just another opportune setting for thespian grandstanding?

In November, I hope people do not promote seeming lazy incompetence upward, just my opinion.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 25th, 2019 at 05:37 PM.

On another social media forum, a commentator wrote of Ruffino:

"This clown was on my street earlier in the year stomping for votes when myself and one of my neighbors were talking. We pointed out the poor condition of our street and it hasn’t seen any work in the 31 years l have lived here. They replaced two storm sewer receivers about 10 years ago that are not properly pitched and starting to sink. He told us to call the highway department. They might do the work but they can’t authorize the work. Another pass the buck,********( B...S...ing) liberal democrat. Good for nothing."
    It seems to me that Ruffino, as Council Member, should have some oversight role and/or responsibilities in connection with the Highway Department.

If he has such a role or responsibilities, why did he not offer some intervention to these residents?

I thought he was "for the people," or was that just a meaningless campaign pitch in 2017?

Seemingly, Ruffino is either so disinterested in the concerns of Lancaster residents, or simply can not handle his current limited oversight responsibilities. Therefore, I must ask how can he be expected to handle the expanded oversight responsibilities attendant to his currently sought-after role of supervisor?

In connection with the observations of the above-commentator, perhaps Ruffino anticipated being too busy texting, or starring into a mirror, or rehearsing his next choreographed political performance to intervene?

I know he wants to become supervisor, and I have heard of "leading from behind," but, IMHO, his election would be the first known case of a "behind leading."

“Ron, when was the last time you were in Town Hall and observed anything that goes on here; except for coming to town board meetings?”---Supervisor Johanna Coleman, August 19, 2019
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 25th, 2019 at 06:56 PM.

I agree gorja, and we know that the current Mayor who also served as the Village Trustee, had served on the board for a number of years, perhaps we should compare Village and Town roadways and draw our conclusions if we are going to compare apples to oranges (we know whom I refer too..) right gorja……..

If you listen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_Kk8B4pCp0&t=24m24s
    at the August 5, 2019 work session when Ruffino was speaking of his resolution for restrictions on Harris Hill Rd, you will
    hear the Supervisor's comments that the town has been asking for the same on Pleasantview with no results. So it's apparent that
    the Mayor of the village did not convey his results in regards to him butting into town business on town roads.

Is that an example of more to come if his squeeze is elected?

Georgia L Schlager

at the August 5, 2019 work session when Ruffino was speaking of his resolution for restrictions on Harris Hill Rd, you will
    hear the Supervisor's comments that the town has been asking for the same on Pleasantview with no results. So it's apparent that
    the Mayor of the village did not convey his results in regards to him butting into town business on town roads.

Bill Schroeder is Mayor of the Village of Lancaster.

The traffic on Pleasant View Drive impacts the students of two schools, Hillview and Lancaster High School.

As Mayor, Schroeder would have been remiss in his duty to protect the children of the village in attendance at those schools, had he not raised public awareness to a potential threat to those lives.

If Ruffino truly wants to lead the town, and was so worried about this issue, seemingly, why did he not reach-out to those component local municipal governments of the Lancaster Central School District in an effort to apply a collective concern?

Perhaps if Ruffino created such a coalition, all of those local governments may have been on the same metaphorical page, just sayin'.

As I see it, Schroeder quietly got the job done, and without staged fanfare.

Absent a high-profile forum from which he can grandstand, what kind of leader is Ruffino, the timid, silent type?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 27th, 2019 at 08:43 AM.

Spot on gorja. IMO The Mayor should work hand and hand with the Town. His fiancé who has been on the board for four years, could of had some influence in the matters discussed. This isn't on Ruffino. This is on the majority that lacked vision.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    this isn't on ruffino. This is on the majority that lacked vision.
    lmao!

Attached Images Attached Images

Spot on gorja. IMO The Mayor should work hand and hand with the Town. His fiancé who has been on the board for four years, could of had some influence in the matters discussed. This isn't on Ruffino. This is on the majority that lacked vision.
    For many years the Town and Village should of been looking at Truck traffic as it has increased on Transit road and how it would impact Feeder Roads. Also Which has also increased on village roads. I think the Mayor and his Live together partner were only looking at how to increase their Traffic to their Events. (money in their pockets).
    Truck traffic will continue to grow with more Online deliveries, residential growth and aging Roadways. Don’t look to The “Squeeze” as being the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanc View Post
    I think The Mayor and his Live together partner were looking at how to increase their Traffic to their Events.[/B] (money in their pockets).
    Opinions of course are the purpose of this forum, so thank you for designating your word(s) as an opinion.

There is a saying which observes that opinions are analogous to a certain body part, and I accept the validity of your opinion in that spirit.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 28th, 2019 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanc View Post
    For many years the Town and Village should of been looking at Truck traffic as it has increased on Transit road and how it would impact Feeder Roads. Also Which has also increased on village roads. I think the Mayor and his Live together partner were only looking at how to increase their Traffic to their Events. (money in their pockets).
    Truck traffic will continue to grow with more Online deliveries, residential growth and aging Roadways. Don’t look to The “Squeeze” as being the answer.
    You make a great point here by sharing your opinion. In my opinion, the Mayor has been in office long enough in the capacity of Trustee & as the current Mayor to have made significant improvements in the village's infrastructure. In addition, his position as well as his fiancés position as Town Council (who is vying for Town Supervisor) have taken advantage in their current political positions - to benefit their business. In fact, I have seen the conflicts of interests that have existed within the scope of their positions.

You make a great point here by sharing your opinion. In my opinion, the Mayor has been in office long enough in the capacity of Trustee & as the current Mayor to have made significant improvements in the village's infrastructure.
    If I recall correctly, a previous poster said that you were moving, or going, to visit Florida.

I hope you're not driving, because you apparently can not find Pleasant View Drive (which is in the town, not in the village), on a map. If you can not find Pleasant View Drive, or do know where it is, how on Earth are you going to find Florida?

So, practice what you inappropriately preach!...

This thread is not about that. Stay on task....
    As for Florida's location, a hint: It lies somewhere in the vast expanse between the North and South Poles; it is sort of like your politics as I understand them, which apparently reside(s) in a "Twilight Zone-" like place, located somewhere between gossip and fairy tales.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 29th, 2019 at 05:09 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information