Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Swirling Rumors Of Democrat Division

While Gaczewski supporters are very confident, I always say "Expect the unexpected."

In keeping with that philosophy, I wonder if Ruffino is elected, has he given any thought as to whom he will support to fill his unexpired Town Council term?

Would Ruffino support a candidate who may have been rejected by the voters like an Abraham, or perhaps if one of his running mates lose, a McCracken or a Mazur?

Or, really thinking out of the box, he will revisit the past, and perhaps pluck a former Village of Lancaster mayor from the stagnate "Lancaster Swamp?"

Just "thinking out loud."
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 2nd, 2019 at 07:46 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

I received several phone calls from individuals today who voiced the same question I have: Mr. Amatura, what the hell were you thinking when you endorsed the Democratic ticket for the upcoming election?

The one call that interested me most was from a former longtime Democrat town official who confirmed that in our long involvement in town politics we could not remember an election when a town department head openly endorsed a party ticket. For us, that is political suicide should his Supervisor endorsed candidate lose and a bleak outlook for getting other party support should that individual choose to run for re-election in the future.

What compounds the faux pas is that like the Lancaster Democratic Party Committee Mr. Amatura makes no mention of Dianne Terranova, endorsed Democratic Party incumbent candidate for Town Clerk – a Democrat ostracized by her own party and provided no campaign support from it.

This party is in turmoil, pissed off enough of their party voters and it needed a booster shot. This was not it.

Ms. Terranova (IMHO) will do just fine as she was cross endorsed by the Republic Party and will receive votes from Republicans despite her losing her endorsement to a ‘real Republican’. And then, there is also the Conservative Party endorsement and support. But if the Lancaster Democratic Party is offering no support to Terranova, its endorsed candidate, is the party also encouraging its membership to vote for her opponent? Colluding with Ms. Desiderio’s mentor and campaign manager BOE Commissioner Ralph Mohr to defeat Terranova? To what end?

Ah, the drama and chicanery!

Apparently, this department head feels the Ruffino team are the ones he can work with to get the job done.

While Diane Terranova is the BEST candidate for the town clerk's position, she does not have policy or approval
    powers to affect anything in his department.

He's showing support for those who can help him to get all the facets of his job completed in a fiscally responsible way in my opinion.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Apparently, this department head feels the Ruffino team are the ones he can work with to get the job done.

While Diane Terranova is the BEST candidate for the town clerk's position, she does not have policy or approval
    powers to affect anything in his department.

He's showing support for those who can help him to get all the facets of his job completed in a fiscally responsible way in my opinion.
    I know for a fact Danny can work with Ruffino. I know for a fact, Dawn has been tough to work with.

In Dawn's flyer I laughed so hard. She puts "Believes staying under the tax cap is essential" I laughed because she voted to "override the tax cap" for three years!

"Believes in better communication between you and YOUR government. Listening/working for you." Does she mean when she and the Mayor of the Village (back when he was a Trustee) tends to go and knock on doors asking homeowners why they are filling out FOILS looking into the Pantry Money disappearance that Dawn somehow held on to for months instead of giving that money to the pantry from a fundraiser she was part of? That kind of communication I don't believe people want.

Dawn does not have the experience to be the leader of a large town.

Vote for Ronald Ruffino!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information