Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Swirling Rumors Of Democrat Division

Rumors, perceptions and machinations, oh my!

So much drama involved in a primary. Not so much for a ‘blank’, that is, until he or she is put in a position where they’re candidate of choice (endorsed by the Republican / Conservative / Independence Parties) for the Town Clerk’s position winds up retaining endorsement of only the Conservative Party, but now the Democratic Party endorsed through primary challenge.

Now I am reading that the Democratic Party may not provide any campaign support for their official endorsed candidate – leaving the campaign support and resources to a minor (Conservative Party) political party. That would normally concern me if the candidate were anyone but Terranova and as deserving as she is of re-election as Town Clerk.

The ‘will of the people’ phrase used in many of the posts is illogical considering that with the exception of the Conservative line where the turnout was just above 30% (with 1,009 registered voters) the turnout on the other lines was 15% or less, and where dirty politics ruled the process.

I am an advocate of fusion voting and take no issue with primary challenges. I do take issue with the machinations that occurred within the process this year. As an unaffiliated voter, I care not what ballot line my candidate of choice can be found on – usually preferring to vote on a minor party line. If Terranova, as the endorsed Democrat receives no support from her party, I will go out of my way and make sure I vote for her on the Democratic line. It amazes me that in today’s world there are still straight party-line voters.

Despite being an incumbent and interviewing for the Democratic Party endorsement (her own party), she is denied. The Republican Party finds her deserving of re-election and cross-endorses her. She loses the Republican Party endorsement, challenges the endorsed Democratic Party candidate and wins the Democratic Party line. Now her own party is reticent to lend its support? You just can’t make this **** up!

It's too bad that Terranova has been left out on a limb.
    Her Friends for Diane Terranova election committee even gave a $1,350 contribution to the Lancaster Republican party in June.
    I hope she had a GREAT fundraiser last night as she has been doing it on her own
    this whole election cycle.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    It's too bad that Terranova has been left out on a limb... I hope she had a GREAT fundraiser last night...
    The Democrat voters selected her and now she is the Democrat candidate for Town Clerk. Should not the Democrat Party be helping her?

Is the Democrat Party's Lancaster Town leadership attempting to dissuade the party faithful from supporting her?

Was that the reason for the metaphoric William Boyd-Charles Middleton saloon fight moment at the most recent Democrat Committee meeting?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 2nd, 2019 at 08:22 AM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Originally posted by mark blazejewski:
    The Democrat voters selected her and now she is the Democrat candidate for Town Clerk.
    And I'm so very pleased that they did.

Georgia L Schlager

It seems that the Conservatives aren't supporting all the candidates on the Conservative line.

The post has since been removed from their Facebook page.

So, why is it okay for one and not the other. You don't see any supporting posts for Terranova from the Lancaster Republicans either.

I'm not saying that it is right or wrong.

Why is it okay when the other parties do it but not when the Dems do?
    Spot on gorja!

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    I may be losing it Shortstuff, but I thought that Terranova IS the Democrat candidate for Town Clerk.

Are you saying, Terranova's presence on the Democrat line notwithstanding, that the Democrat Party is not fully supporting her, and is therefore putting an unspoken thumb on the scale for Desiderio?

Ergo, are you saying that there exists a McCracken-Giza-Mohr axis?

Regarding McCraken and Giza, what about "The people have spoken?"

WOW!
    I really Mark have no idea where you are going with this narrative. Therefore, I really cannot answer your question.

It's too bad that Terranova has been left out on a limb.
    Her Friends for Diane Terranova election committee even gave a $1,350 contribution to the Lancaster Republican party in June.
    I hope she had a GREAT fundraiser last night as she has been doing it on her own
    this whole election cycle.
    I really appreciate "cross-endorsements." It tells us at least one thing, the support for the person and not necessarily for the party. Usually, it brings a successful win in November.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    I really Mark have no idea where you are going with this narrative. Therefore, I really cannot answer your question.
    I did not create a narrative, I presented a pre-existing rumor in order to seek clarification. That is why I initially wrote:

But again, it is only a rumor at this point, so I strongly urge some informed comment(s) to confirm or deny this narrative, which may be based in large measure on the primary source's perception.

As such, I am not "going" anywhere, and I only pursued some answers in order to understand your comment:

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Regarding the meeting you posted (in question) it was told that it was not as spirited as stated within the scope of this rumor.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

And I'm so very pleased that they did.
    I am pleased that the Democrat Party selected Ms. Terranova, and wish the its leadership would keep faith with its membership.

In that regard Gorja, while I subscribe to the message conveyed by your avatar, I am equally sensitive to the adage: "Where there is smoke, there is fire."

With that adage in mind, I have had an opportunity to further pursue the topic of this thread.

In fact, since I posted this thread, I have spoken with a source who painted a rather detailed account of the previously referred to Lancaster Town Democrat Committee meeting. My source has no affiliation with either the Democrat Party or the Republican Party, nor does it hold a leadership position in a minor party. Furthermore, my source was not present at the meeting, but did have a very detailed conversation with an actual eyewitness to the proceedings.

If I understood my source correctly, this is its account of the meeting, as per its eyewitness contact:

(1) The eyewitness described the meeting in one word: "Unbelievable."

(2) The congregation was divided into small groups seated at individual tables.

(3) When Ms Terranova asked for an opportunity to speak, dissatisfaction seemingly arose from the participants seated at only one table.

(4) The Chair, in apparent support of the dissenting participants, applied a loud and aggressive verbal admonishment, apparently to silence Ms. Terranova.

(5) When a participant supportive of Terranova rose to protest the "censorship," I understand that another party official overtly approached the Terranova supporter in such a way as to suggest hostile intent. That same party official I understand from my source, with fists clenched and arms flailing, appeared to be so full of rage and bellicose animation, that the presiding Chair was required to intervene to prevent physical violence, restore order, and return to the meeting, some semblance of decorum.

(6) The result of the circumstances described in (1)-(5) above was that Ms. Terranova and/or her supporters were not permitted to fully address the congregation.

(7) I also understand that certain members of the 2019 Democrat ticket were present at the meeting, including Mr. Ruffino, who according to my source, had no direct reaction to the circumstances which attended the suppression of the perceived free speech rights of a strong woman, who just happens to be an eminently qualified incumbent public servant.
    Again, this is a further take on the events relating to the most recent Democrat Town Committee meeting, and it comes to me from a source who spoke directly with an eyewitness to the proceedings.

I want to emphasize that I have no first-hand knowledge of the circumstances, but, like the adage says Gorja, "Where there is smoke..."
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 2nd, 2019 at 02:02 PM.

Originally posted by mark blazejewski:
    it comes to me from a source who spoke directly with an eyewitness to the proceedings
    Which is hearsay, correct? I heard a different version today from someone who was in attendance of that meeting.
    And as you Mark, I have no first hand knowledge of the circumstances but what I heard was not anything like your source's version.

I'd say that it is just more political exaggerated gossip

Georgia L Schlager

Which is hearsay, correct? I heard a different version today from someone who was in attendance of that meeting.
    And as you Mark, I have no first hand knowledge of the circumstances but what I heard was not anything like your source's version.

I'd say that it is just more political exaggerated gossip
    Of course, anything other than a sworn, first-hand statement may be considered third-party hearsay.

In this case Gorja, if this narrative existed in a vacuum, you know that I would probably agree with you.

But, this account is far too detailed to be frivolously discounted. I also understand that there is some previous, foundational information in existence, which suggests that such a resulting occurrence would not be out of the question.

Ergo, while I am not saying this is true, EQUALLY, I am not saying that it is false. IMHO, murkiness is not voter-friendly, and in that regard, I believe the truth is worth pursuing.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 2nd, 2019 at 03:06 PM.

Another episode of 'As the stomach turns'

How unfortunate for the candidate this year who can possibly be further adversely impacted (than they were in the primary) by the attention given to the deceit of the party hierarchy and the innuendo that will detract from said candidate’s qualifications that make him or her the candidate that will serve in the community’s best interests.

If you already didn’t know a year ago that Terranova was not going to get any support from the Lancaster Democratic Party Committee, you were out of the loop. So, how much support do you think she can expect to receive from the newly organized Democratic Committee now? The better question would be: What renouncing can Terranova expect to receive from her party hierarchy behind the scenes?

It’s difficult enough trying to determine who is the best candidate without the white noise and BS coming from the party political committees and operatives. I will wait to hear from the candidates. The primary was a sham!

IMHO, Terranova would be better off not receiving support from a party that rejected her to begin with. In turn, it would be disappointing to me if the Republican Party did a 180 and supports a candidate who did not bother to interview with the Committee and savaged their endorsed candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Another episode of 'As the stomach turns'

How unfortunate for the candidate this year who can possibly be further adversely impacted (than they were in the primary) by the attention given to the deceit of the party hierarchy and the innuendo that will detract from said candidate’s qualifications that make him or her the candidate that will serve in the community’s best interests.

If you already didn’t know a year ago that Terranova was not going to get any support from the Lancaster Democratic Party Committee, you were out of the loop. So, how much support do you think she can expect to receive from the newly organized Democratic Committee now? The better question would be: What renouncing can Terranova expect to receive from her party hierarchy behind the scenes?

It’s difficult enough trying to determine who is the best candidate without the white noise and BS coming from the party political committees and operatives. I will wait to hear from the candidates. The primary was a sham!

IMHO, Terranova would be better off not receiving support from a party that rejected her to begin with. In turn, it would be disappointing to me if the Republican Party did a 180 and supports a candidate who did not bother to interview with the Committee and savaged their endorsed candidate.
    I truly respect what you have written Lee.

To your satirical reference to "As The Stomach Turns," I never have been a fan of television afternoon soap operas, and I have certainly had it with the "Not-Ready-For-Prime-Time" political soap operas of both parties, which I believe to be McCracken-Mohr productions, just my opinion of course.

But, and an important but, I have always searched for truth and transparency politics, and my comments on this thread, and previously on other threads relating to what I consider to have been the rogue Republican shenanigans, were written with those intentions.

BTW, I faithfully watched Goodson and Todman's "To Tell The Truth."
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 2nd, 2019 at 07:30 PM.

I truly respect what you have written Lee.

To your satirical reference to "As The Stomach Turns," I never have been a fan of television afternoon soap operas, and I have certainly had it with the "Not-Ready-For-Prime-Time" political soap operas of both parties, which I believe to be McCracken-Mohr productions, just my opinion of course.

But, and an important but, I have always searched for truth and transparency politics, and my comments on this thread, and previously on other threads relating to what I consider to have been the rogue Republican shenanigans, were written with those intentions.

BTW, I faithfully watched Goodson and Todman's "To Tell The Truth."
    As uncle Joe Biden would say: “Here’s the thing, Mark.”

I have been privy to the same rumors you and other posters have remarked on – from individuals affiliated with major and minor political parties.

There is an obvious schism within the Democratic and Republican Parties. Truth and transparency will be clouded by the individuals supporting their !!factions. One truth for certain is that there was a major altercation at the Democratic Party Committee meeting the other night. It happened. For some unfathomable reason individuals believe that such happenings can be kept in house or that the damage can be controlled.

But until such time it becomes reality that the Democratic Party offered Terranova no campaign support, what occurred the other night has no bearing on the election outcome. Terranova is the endorsed Democratic Party Town Clerk candidate.

What Terranova should be most concerned about is whether the McCracken – Giza team have united with the rogue Desiderio – Mohr Republican Party team to destroy Terranova. Politics make such strange alignments possible.

Hey Breezy: What do you think? Is Terranova getting screwed over by her / your party? If not, why not. You have the inside track as a political operative. Educate us!

Quote Originally Posted by lee chowaniec View Post

what terranova should be most concerned about is whether the mccracken – giza team have united with the rogue desiderio – mohr republican party team to destroy terranova. Politics make such strange alignments possible.
    Spot on and I agree 100 per cent Mr. C.:

Are you saying, Terranova's presence on the Democrat line notwithstanding, that the Democrat Party is not fully supporting her, and is therefore putting an unspoken thumb on the scale for Desiderio?

Ergo, are you saying that there exists a McCracken-Giza-Mohr axis?

Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 2nd, 2019 at 11:54 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information