Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pleasantview truck traffic

Pleasantview truck traffic

From the Town of Lancaster website
    Follow these instructions if you suspect GPS devices/apps are improperly routing commercial truck traffic through your residential community. How To Report Residential Truck Traffic

Georgia L Schlager

Gorja,

Just an honest question.

Ruffino has been in office since 2002, and should have been aware of the water pressure and truck traffic issues on Pleasantview Dr. long before now.

I know that corrective action appears to be now ongoing, and I fully understand Mr. Polocarz's position that new waterlines must come before attention to the road,and I have no real argument with that Poloncarz position.

But what does surprise me, again, if I am understanding things correctly, is the Ruffino request or query to Poloncarz for Erie County to adjust the speed limit on Pleasantview.

Furthermore, Ruffino appeared to be surprised at Polocarz's assertion.

Does not the Democrat candidate for Supervisor who touts eighteen years of Lancaster Town Council experience, know that such speed adjustments on Pleasantview, the street on which I believe he lives, are the province of the Town of Lancaster and not Erie County?

Am I understanding all of this correctly, if not, straighten me out.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Gorja,

Just an honest question.

Ruffino has been in office since 2002, and should have been aware of the water pressure and truck traffic issues on Pleasantview Dr. long before now.

I know that corrective action appears to be now ongoing, and I fully understand Mr. Polocarz's position that new waterlines must come before attention to the road,and I have no real argument with that Poloncarz position.

But what does surprise me, again, if I am understanding things correctly, is the Ruffino request or query to Poloncarz for Erie County to adjust the speed limit on Pleasantview.

Furthermore, Ruffino appeared to be surprised at Polocarz's assertion.

Does not the Democrat candidate for Supervisor who touts eighteen years of Lancaster Town Council experience, know that such speed adjustments on Pleasantview, the street on which I believe he lives, are the province of the Town of Lancaster and not Erie County?

Am I understanding all of this correctly, if not, straighten me out.
    I can assure you that Ruffino did not ask Poloncarz to set the speed limit as the town does that. He was asking about getting some signage on Transit Rd to alerting truck traffic of not using Pleasantview. The idea is to to try to have the county when sitting with the state DOT bring to light the issue. Once the trucks see the signage on Pleasantview, it's too late. They are already on the road. If there was signage on Transit before accessing Pleasantview, maybe they'd adhere to the reg. You can't post police on Pleasantview all day long
    Last edited by gorja; August 15th, 2019 at 03:52 AM.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I can assure you that Ruffino did not ask Poloncarz to set the speed limit as the town does that. He was asking about getting some signage on Transit Rd to alerting truck traffic of not using Pleasantview. The idea is to to try to have the county when sitting with the state DOT bring to light the issue. Once the trucks see the signage on Pleasantview, it's too late. They are already on the road. If there was signage on Transit before accessing Pleasantview, maybe they'd adhere to the reg. You can't post police on Pleasantview all day long
    For some reason, my copy of the audio was very difficult to make out precisely make out at that point.

Thanx for clearing that up for me Ms. Gorja.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 15th, 2019 at 07:29 AM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

He does live on the street so he should know. Pleasant View is a mess right now with the waterline project and will surely need to be repaved afterwards. Hopefully they'll widen the shoulder when they do.

For some reason, my copy of the audio was very difficult to make out precisely make out at that point.

Thanx for clearing that up for me Ms. Gorja.
    Also, Ruffino had sponsored this resolution at the previous town board meeting

WHEREAS, the Town Board will be seeking approval from the Countyof Erie to restrict vehicles weighing in excess of six tons per axle, except for the purposes oflocal delivery, along Harris Hill Road, within the limits of the Town of Lancaster and;

WHEREAS, the Town Board has considered the available truck routeswithin the Town of Lancaster and determined that the above restriction is reasonable, will notinterfere with interstate commerce, and will still offer other suitable connections with all stateroutes entering or leaving the Town of Lancaster;

andNOW, THEREFORE,BE IT RESOLVED by the Town Board of the Town of Lancaster that:

1. In accordance with Section 1660 of the Vehicle and Traffic Law of the State of NewYork, it is hereby ordered by the Town Board of the Town of Lancaster that HarrisHill Road, within the Town of Lancaster limits, be closed to vehicles with grossweight in excess of six tons per axle, except for purposes of local delivery, upon theposting of a sign to that effect following approval from the County of Erie.

2. The Town of Lancaster supervisor, highway superintendent, or town board maysuspend the operation of this section for up to seven (7) days upon the finding thatthere are weather conditions, traffic conditions, or other road conditions makingsuch suspension appropriate.

3. Upon approval of this resolution, the Town will submit a formal request to theCounty of Erie requesting a sign permit for the purposes of restricting the abovereferenced truck traffic along Harris Hill Road within the Town of Lancaster

Georgia L Schlager

Also, Ruffino had sponsored this resolution at the previous town board meeting

WHEREAS, the Town Board will be seeking approval from the Countyof Erie to restrict vehicles weighing in excess of six tons per axle, except for the purposes oflocal delivery, along Harris Hill Road, within the limits of the Town of Lancaster and;

WHEREAS, the Town Board has considered the available truck routeswithin the Town of Lancaster and determined that the above restriction is reasonable, will notinterfere with interstate commerce, and will still offer other suitable connections with all stateroutes entering or leaving the Town of Lancaster;

andNOW, THEREFORE,BE IT RESOLVED by the Town Board of the Town of Lancaster that:

1. In accordance with Section 1660 of the Vehicle and Traffic Law of the State of NewYork, it is hereby ordered by the Town Board of the Town of Lancaster that HarrisHill Road, within the Town of Lancaster limits, be closed to vehicles with grossweight in excess of six tons per axle, except for purposes of local delivery, upon the posting of a sign to that effect following approval from the County of Erie.

2. The Town of Lancaster supervisor, highway superintendent, or town board maysuspend the operation of this section for up to seven (7) days upon the finding thatthere are weather conditions, traffic conditions, or other road conditions makingsuch suspension appropriate.

3. Upon approval of this resolution, the Town will submit a formal request to theCounty of Erie requesting a sign permit for the purposes of restricting the above referenced truck traffic along Harris Hill Road within the Town of Lancaster
    That is all very nice Gorja, but hasn't this sign on been posted on Harris Hill for quite some time?

If the sign has been present for such a time, what is the purpose of the highlighted resolution other than to grandstand an issue which has already been disposed of?

Actors sometime make good politicians, but Ruffino is no Ronald Reagan, IMHO.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 16th, 2019 at 04:03 PM.

That is all very nice Gorja, but hasn't this sign on been posted on Harris Hill for quite some time?

If the sign has been present for such a time, what is the purpose of the highlighted resolution other than to grandstand an issue which has already been disposed of?

Actors sometime make good politicians, but Ruffino is no Ronald Reagan, IMHO.
    I believe it was for road signage not signal signage. At least, that is my belief.
    There was a unanimous vote. So, if it was already disposed of, why did the others vote for it.
    Supervisor Coleman stated that if Ruffino could get this done, he could try again on Pleasantview next.

Georgia L Schlager

I believe it was for road signage not signal signage. At least, that is my belief.
    There was a unanimous vote. So, if it was already disposed of, why did the others vote for it.
    Supervisor Coleman stated that if Ruffino could get this done, he could try again on Pleasantview next.
    How does the message conveyed on a sign hanging from a signal differ from one posted on the side of the road?

Speed limit and stop signs are posted primarily in a single form and that one form is enough to legitimize a citation when there is a violation.

Your observation appears to suggest that a signal sign is legitimately considered one of optional import, while a roadside sign has full legal weight.

That strikes me as nonsense.

Moreover, Ruffino has been held office since 2002, so I must ask what has recently changed to prompt him, 18 years after his first election to the Town Council, to now recognize a possible concern that the signal sign may be ineffective?

Can you enlighten us as to when this issue became a problem in dire need of further remedy?

Absent a compelling explanation, this is just another piece of showboat legislation sponsored by the "Silver Tongued Orator," IMHO.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 16th, 2019 at 07:48 PM.

Perhaps if the signal signs and the roadside signs together prove ineffective, perhaps Ruffino can ask the county for display cautions on this order?:

burma shave.jpg
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 16th, 2019 at 08:13 PM.

It looks like a constituent had requested signage on the Transit Rd signal for Pleasantview truck traffic.

Georgia L Schlager

It looks like a constituent had requested signage on the Transit Rd signal for Pleasantview truck traffic.

I have no problem with the constituent's request concerning the Transit Road/Pleasant View signage, particularly because such traffic directly impacts the students of Hillview School. When it comes to the safety of children, there can never be enough safeguards.

(I'll bet that Ruffino is writing the script for his choreographed performance right now. Just sayin'.)

BTW, since the letter you posted appears to be an official communication to the Town Board, why is it that the letter lacks a signature and date, or have the name and date been redacted?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 17th, 2019 at 08:16 AM.

Originally posted by mark blazejewski:
    BTW, since the letter you posted appears to be an official communication to the Town Board, why is it that the letter lacks a signature and date, or have the name and date been redacted?
    My bad, there was a second page

Georgia L Schlager

My bad, there was a second page

As I stated previously, I share the constituent's concerns regarding the potential danger to students.

In connection with your comment...

... is there a date on the letter?

From my perusal, it seems to me that the initials "JC" appear on the letter, and, the reference to "Amazon," suggests that the letter is written no earlier than late 2017. I am just curious as to when this letter was specifically written.

This month, this year, 2018...?

Is there a date on the letter Ms. Gorja?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 17th, 2019 at 11:02 AM.

Dated July 30, 2019. Rec'd by the supervisor's office AUg 2, Rec'd by the town clerk's office Aug 5.

It's the first communication. You won't have to look too far.
    https://lancasterny.gov/document-cen...ions/file.html

Georgia L Schlager

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information